[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what's his best work /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Brian_Eno_2008.jpg (245 KB, 690x570) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Eno_2008.jpg
245 KB, 690x570
so what's his best work /mu/
>>
AGW
>>
>>63819932
Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)
>>
Glamy, androgynous gay sex that I can only assume was fantastic.
>>
doesn't have any
>>
>>63819990
le
>>
>>63819932
>Some pasty old white dude
I can tell just by the looks of him that his music is shit. I bet you fucks just eat his music up to look smart too.
>>
>>63820009
someone hasn't listened to Another Green World yet

also
>muh nigger music
>>
>>63820022
>>>/pol/
>>
his glam rock and ambient stuff aside, he's probably one of the most GOAT producers
>>
Before and After Science. I don't think there's a single track that misses at all. AGW is good but never understood how it's apparently his best. Maybe after both of the first two glam albums that preceded it, critics just decided to crown the record like it's some masterpiece. His later ambient albums were better crafted. Oh well different tastes.
>>
Another Green World
>>
Also AGW features John Cale, Phil Collins, and Robert Fripp
>>
massageasmr
>>
>>63822309
Dr dimitri
>>
>>63819932

D A L E

A

L

E

(or siamese dream)
>>
Trying to pick between AGW, Tiger Mountain, BaAS, and Warm Jets is a good dilemma to have

Probably AGW desu
>>
>>63819932
The Ship is nice
>>
Before And After SCIENCE is the true answer
>>
>>63820306
AGW gets weak at the end while baas has a perfect opening and a perfect end with one or two weak songs in the middle
>>
here come the warm jets
>>
Thursday Afternoon
>>
AGW or Low.
>>
>>63820306
>>63823607

Huge Eno fan and I think I agree. I love the dichotomy the album has. To me there is a real separation at the halfway point which outlines the "before" and the "after" mentioned in the title. I mean the first 5 tracks are all pretty upbeat and eccentric. And then with Here He Comes Eno turns on the ambient sorta feels, and that theme holds for the rest of the album. Its a great journey to listen from start to finish.
Whereas AGW, while still amazing, kinda jumps about with the moods. After St Elmo's Fire, In Dark Trees sorta sours the mood, then The Big Ship (My all time favourite Eno track) is sooo different to in dark trees. Idk wtf I'm saying but yeah... Eno is nice.
>>
1. Before and After Science
2. Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks
3. Here Come the Warm Jets
4. Ambient 4: On Land
5. Another Green World

I sleep with his music and this is the objective ranking
>>
>>63824920
The ending is the most transcendent and beautiful thing i've ever heard. You can feel the slow passage of time, the golden light covering a fading world

fuck

it's so beautiful
>>
THE BIG SHIP
>>
>>63824946
are you me or am i you?????
>>
>>63825546
Just thinking about it now I might actually have to go back on what I said, and say that Spider and I is my favourite. You're right, transcendent it is.
>>
>>63825598
It's probably my favorite song, the music and lyrics together create something that i can't even describe with words
>>
>>63825662
The "we sleep in the mornings part" just kills me. I always get this feeling of being lost at sea, but its just so serene. Like there is no fear surrounding the fact that I'm probably going to die just floating out there. I could just drift out of existence and no-one would even know, and that would be OK.
>>
>>63825749
The part where i always cry is "we dream of a ship that sails away, a thousand miles away" because it feels to me like the neverending feeling of chasing something beautifully intangible that's dissapearing, and knowing you'll never experience that beauty again, but yet feeling happy you even experienced it. Like seeing the sun dying
>>
>>63825805
Agreed. What a song...
>>
>>63825976
Eno's ability to write emotional and beautiful yet intelligent songs is on a different level

god i love that man

PS: if you like Eno's more sentimental songs i'd recommend Wrong Way Up with John Cale, one of his most underrated albums. The first four tracks are incredible, although more poppy and danceable and less ambient.
>>
>>63826172
I will look into it. Thanks dood :^)
>>
>>63826446
np love talking Eno
>>
>>63820036
>>>/sweden/
>>
>>63822309
speaking of which did he die or something
rip dimitri
>>
Another Green World
>>
File: apollo.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
apollo.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>63819932
Apollo senpai
>>
File: shinya akuma.png (552 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shinya akuma.png
552 KB, 1280x720
>>63819932
Fucking everything.
>>
My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts to be honest
>>
The Windows 95 intro jingle
>>
Apollo is a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>63823999
I think this is the best ambient album of all time
>>
>>63819932
spore soundtrack
>>
>>63831832
YES FUCK YES

THAT SHIT IS AMAZING

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME
>>
>>63819932
IS THIS RICK FROM POWNAGE STARS?????!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 600x600
>>
Ambient 4: On Land is my favourite thing he's done
Another Green World is a very original pop album, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for pop.
On Land can be played anytime - night is better obviously, but it's so unobtrusive and subtle it just works whenever
also it gets points for not just being his own skewed contribution to the pop/rock continuum, instead making a total break from the song format (or at least hiding any obvious connections with it). investigating new territory.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.