[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I missed out on mid 2000s indie rock because I was in middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 2000s.jpg (40 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
2000s.jpg
40 KB, 340x340
So I missed out on mid 2000s indie rock because I was in middle school and into pop punk and """""""emo""""""". Can someone rec me the essentials? I've already listened to The National, Interpol, and Arctic Monkeys's discographies. Also I downloaded an album each by Arcade Fire and The Black Keys. What else am I missing? Thanks
>>
File: Folder.jpg (105 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
105 KB, 1425x1425
this
>>
>>63819497
Already listened to this. Dope af desu senpai.
>>
Animal collective, Joanna newsom, nana grizol, ariel pink...

A lot of what /mu/ likes are indie bands that had success in the early to mid 2000's
>>
>>63819720
Hmm, I meant the distinct "mid 2000s indie rock" sound, not just any indie rock. Like stuff inspired by garage rock and post punk.
>>
you didnt miss anything of worth
>>
>>63819862
C'mon famon, don't be like that
>>
>>63819464
If you havent already listened to them, listen to is this it and room on fire by the strokes. Theyre the best of the genre
>>
>>63819951
Is This It I've listened to and I felt that even though it was pretty good, it was just that - pretty good. Certainly didn't have the impact on me that, say, TOTBL, Boxer, Silent Alarm, Favourite Worst Nightmare did.

But thanks for the rec, that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 800x820
>black keys
>arctic monkeys
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIGqUy8gzGY
>>
>>63819464
Libertines
Franz Ferdinand
The Strokes
Death Cab for Cutie
Bright Eyes
The Shins
Maximo Park
The Cribs
Beirut
The Hives
White Stripes
The Rapture
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Futureheads
Late of the Pier
Metronomy
The Postal Service
Iron & Wine

just go back and look at some NME year end lists from the 2000s
>>
tame impala
>>
>>63819971
Man, favourite worst nightmare brings back so much nostalgia for me.
This guy >>63820922 has listed pretty much everything now
>>
The Microphones
>>
>>63820870
>implying /mu/ isn't just 4chan.com/indieheads

>>63820881
ty

>>63820922
Whoa holy shit thanks duder saving this list to a text file

>>63821014
Been meaning to check them out
>>
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah is the quintessential mid-00s hype band that everyone forgot about.
>>
>>63819851
as someone has said,check the nme end lists, it sounds like you want more of the british post-britpop / garage revival thing.

Alot of the american/canadian indie rock of the early 2000s, stuff like broken social scene or whatever, didn't sound like that.
>>
>>63821274
Will check out

>>63821325
The national and interpol were american. The NYC scene is also awesome.Loved this Stereogum list http://www.stereogum.com/1719309/26-essential-songs-from-the-nyc-rock-resurgence/franchises/ultimate-playlist/
>>
>>63821274
their s/t is criminally underrated here
>>
>>63819464

Modest Mouse dude
>>
>>63821612
I always associate MM with 90s/early indie rock like Built to Spill and Pavement and Guided By Voices but yeah Lonesome Crowded West is nice
>>
>>63821694

well yeah but their most commercially successful albums came out in the mid/late 2000s. I'm still all about Good news and the moon over antarctica.
>>
>>63821730
Good band yeah but now what I'm looking for t b h
>>
I'll throw in Tokyo Police Club. Their EP and first two albums are worth checking out.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.