[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I missing something? This album is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2
File: American_football_band_lp_cover.png (109 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
American_football_band_lp_cover.png
109 KB, 316x316
Am I missing something? This album is shit
>>
It's wicked good what're you talking about dude?
>>
>>63818003
I didn't get it either.
>>
I got a little secret. All music is subjective and if you don't enjoy something it isn't because you're unintelligent or more intelligent, it's your mindset listening to the album. That's why people actually like Lil B unironically, or why some people on this board like Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven and other people think it's shit.
>>
>>63818003
>>63818097
i think we know who's really shit here
>>
>>63818097

Did you "get it" eventually, though?
>>
>>63818003
You might not like it, but it's not shit.
>>
>>63818100
>types the entire album name and band name
>>
>>63818150
I apologize to your wife's son.
>>
>>63818003
The instrumentation is great but I can't get past the Whiny High School vocals.
>>
>>63818003
I've only listened to it once, didn't get it either.
>>
>>63818100
People like Godspeed You! Black Emperor because they don't know shit about music and like the ebin crescendos XD!!!
>>
File: 5ZAe42zN_400x400.jpg (39 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
5ZAe42zN_400x400.jpg
39 KB, 316x316
>>63818170
they were whiny high schoolers, it reminds people of being in high school / it's music people can relate to, sorry about your childhood
>>
i like the drums and geetahs
>>
>>63818181
Do you play guitar?
>>
>>63818198
You didn't understand his post, did you? Try reading it again.
>>
Cap n' Jazz is superior just listen to that
>>
>>63818274
Yeah, and I'm saying it's not because music is subjective, but because their fans are willfully ignorant.
>>
>>63818215
Yeah, but I only started recently.
>>
>>63818314
yeah, but AF is still good
>>
>>63818322
After you've played guitar for a while you'll appreciate this a lot more.
>>
>>63818362
I mean even if you don't the mood it affects, the rut Kinsella must've been in to write a track like Stay Home. Man it's a pretty magical album, but I think the problem most people have is the complete shift in speed and sound from Never Meant to the second track. It put me off for weeks but it's a really well put together album once you get past that hump.
>>
I really don't get the fascination the internet has with American Football. It's a good album but Cap'n Jazz were better.
>>
>>63818003
No, it is shit.
>>
>>63818801
You're just a little bitch and you love when people shove their hands up your pooper. You don't really have any friends though so you have to settle for the slightly phallic structure of the armrests on a kitchen chair when mom's not home
>>
>>63818314
>>63818762
they sound like two completely different things
>>
>>63818890
is that the first line from your second-person autobiography
>>
>>63818003
Nah it's pretty cringey shit nobody past their twenties should be listening to
>>
>>63818924
No that's your life story, you brown
>>
>"I don't like American Football"
>"I never went to high school"
>>
>>63818003
>he didnt have a highschool sweetheart
alright dude, we get it, you were a beta in your youth but that doesnt mean the album is bad
>>
>>63818003
I agree, OP. The vocals are trash.
>>
>>63818890
>>63818924
>>63819036
Thanks for making me kek, friends :)
>>
You need to be a suburban kid with so few problems to where that itself is a problem and you're sad to get it. That, and a stomach for the cliche lyrics, obnoxious vocals, and highly monotonous song structure.
>>
>>63819567
Isn't this supposed to be one of the patron beta albums? I doubt any so-called alpha would express himself in such a faggy way.
>>
>>63819152
>"I don't like American Football"
>"I wasn't an overly sensitive fag in high school"
FTFY
>>
>>63819823
So basically an average /mu/tant?
>>
>>63820106
Seems to be so, I personally am from an urban environment and emo was seen as faggy and annoying in my high school, so I don't get it too well either.
>>
>>63818003
I really wish it was just a math rock album and didn't have the midwest emo vibes
The music is actually very interesting and great
>>
>>63818003
cuck music
>>
>>63818199
No prob. it's OK I don't get molested that hard any more.
>>
>>63818100
Most underrated post
>>
>Am I missing something?
Adolescent romances
>>
>>63818003
i disagree

great thread
>>
>>63818100
if there is joy and beauty to be had and seen whilst listening to GY!BE, then i the individual with the correct mindset to communicate and understand that joy and beauty am SMARTER then one who is not able to comprehend that same beauty

if you were smart, you'd be able to put yourself in the appropriate mindset to enjoy whatever music you were listening to, only dull, low-frequency minds that are not able to project themselves to the proper frequency are unable to enjoy music
>>
>>63820724
I actually agree with this. Completely.
>>
>>63820724
I agree with this anon because he is using passive aggressive and sarcastic language to argue and also making fun of the other guy for totally trying to sound smart (what an idiot) and I've been told that is the way that correct people argue.
>>
>>63820860
>uses passive aggressive and sarcastic language to expose passive aggressive and sarcastic language where there is no passive aggressive and sarcastic language
>>
>>63820860
This guy gets it. He's attacking someones attack on intellect to make himself out to be the enlightened one. Genius.
>>
>>63820605
Like, I know dude. He's really giving it to these elitists.

Most. Underrated. Post. Epic.
>>
>>63818100
also we gotta get real and accept some music is total trash.

just cause it's music doesn't mean it's good because someone likes it cmon bud
>>
>>63818100

theoretically, if someone were to vibrate to the highest possible state of consciousness man can achieve then listened to all the music in the world, some music would be objectively superior then others

art is both subjective AND objective

a song may subjectively be your favorite song in the world because it speaks to you personally, however there is a qualitative measure for all sound and therefore for music as well creating variables for objectivity

the sound quality of X song may be objectively better than in Y song because of the bitrate and frequency of the soundwaves
>>
>>63820981
someone may like something you don't because they are able to understand and comprehend something you are incapable of

you've never hated an album at first only to enjoy it on later listens? its because your mind was better able to comprehend the music as a whole after multiple listens

also, bad sounding music may carry an important or an artistically beautiful message making it good art and thus actually good music
>>
>>63818003
the only shit here is your taste bud
>>
>>63818321
>my opinion is right xD
>>
Lawl no this album is next level great
>>
>>63818003
Yeah I can see how people think it's underwhelming or are "missing" something cause it gets hyped the FUCK up and is always mentioned in emo/screamo/mathrock/midwest threads. First listen with no hype, good little album it's simple and intricate and very intimate. That's it.
>>
You're missing the A.
>>
I love this album. great drivin music. their EP is great too.
>>
>>63818003
u missed your brain bro
>>
It's ok to not like all music people talk about on here you know,
but a lot of people like the combination of the mellow mood, the intricate guitars, jazzy drumming and while the lyrical matter is pretty shallow it's endearing if you take a step back and don't take it so literally and seriously but more as a part of the overall feel.
>>
>>63824232
not to mention it's effortlessly mathy, a lot of the songs are in uncommon time signatures and also mix them, but unless you count the bars you would probably miss it because it's done so tastefully
>>
>>63818314
i really like both but they're not that comparable really, if anything American Football is more Indie Rock than Emo
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.