[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weezer's White Album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
Discuss.
I thought it was on par with EWBAITE, but I would have liked a bit more of a rock feel overall. Obviously it's not anything like Blue or Pinkerton, but it's better than Make Believe or Raditude.
>>
>>63815612
First Weezer album I've listened to in full.
A high 7 to a low 8 personally.
>>
I really don't feel like there's that much to discuss.

It was a solid 6 which is pretty good in my books, especially given the band's post-Pinkerton output.

>>63815629
Listen to Pinkerton now dude/
>>
>>63815629
blue/pink are both 10s.

It's great. It's tight, cohesive, fun, sad and sounds great. Every song has great moments and it's pretty memorable. It gets better with repeat listens because the lyrics start to give the songs more depth. It's easy to just think of it as summer beach rock at first.
>>
why is there a discuss of this album everyday on /mu/ doesn't it get annoying? just wondering.
>>
>>63816031
You haven't been here long have you
>>
>>63816031
it's only been out for like 5 days
>>
Probably their best since pink. For non-Weezer fans, it's enjoyable but not absolutely necessary listening. But for long-time =w= bros it's fantastic, catches the simple vibes of the blue album, while still being quite different from it.
>>
>>63816313
>Probably their best since pink

I hear this shit every time and every time a new one comes out and when I check the album out it's the same garbage

This band lost the plot a long time ago
>>
It feels like a sequel to the Green album with a little bit of Maladroit mixed in
Just poppy alt rock that has nowhere near the same charisma as the Blue Album
>>
>>63816443
I feel the same, but I think it has more feeling and depth than green and is better overall. Also more variety
>>
For me, this is definitely a solid contender for tying with how much I enjoy Blue and Pink. I admit that it's not as good as either, but I think it's just that I'm so happy that it's good. It's really good - great, even - which is something Weezer hasn't done in a long ass time.

I know that as time goes on, it'll probably rank below Pink/Blue, but above EWBAITE. For now, though, I'm riding my own personal hype train, and it's definitely my AOTY so far.

Thanks Rivers-kun senpai desu this album is totemo sugoi
>>
L.A. Girlz is my fuckin' jam right now.

DOES ANY BODY LOVE
DOES ANY BODY LOVE
>>
>>63816493
I agree with you on that its like they really tried to return to their roots instead of just making another tasteless album

In all honestly the Green album was pretty good
>>
File: brian_gilson1.png (647 KB, 598x597) Image search: [Google]
brian_gilson1.png
647 KB, 598x597
I was captivated by Weezer from the late 90s until about Maladroit but then ignored their output for the entirety of my twenties. This is pretty good and it's almost a relief.
>>
>>63816055
i have its just weird how we need peoples opinions on new album that we already got... you just beating a dead horse. now everytime i see the artwork any where its just bland
>>
>>63816661
actually no it sucks. my bad.
>>
>>63816375
People could have perhaps also rightly said that about EWBAITE, but if you've heard that otherwise recently, you were listening to idiots
>>
>>63816739
maybe don't go on a fucking music discussion forum
>>
>>63816739
Why do you come to /mu/ then? Maybe we should put a ban on talking about specific albums or posting album covers to make you happy :)
>>
>>63815641
Exactly how I felt about it. It's decent pop rock I guess, but there's really nothing on it that stands out.
>>
>>63816739
You don't understand how happy people are for Rivers when he gets what they perceive as a win. It's like he's everyone's friend from when they were growing up and they just want him to win.
>>
>>63816739
If you don't want to talk about it, don't.
The thread's here for people who want to discuss a new album.
>>
>>63815612

Just finished my first listen; strong first impression, I like it more than EWBAITE already, even though that one has The Futurescope Trilogy going for it.

Tentative placing:
Pinkerton > Blue > White > EWBAITE > Maladroit >>> everything else
>>
>>63815612
7/10

Not bad but really not as good as EWBAITE. Honestly surprised people already seemed to have forgotten that one or something considering how it was hailed as an amazing comeback.

Pinkerton > Blue > Maladroit > EWBAITE > Hurley > White > Green > Make Believe > Red > Raditude
>>
>>63815612
I want to say it's better than EWBAITE because it's more consistent with it's tone. It also remind me of Blue because of the light tone with the occasional dark lyrics, ie all of fucking King of the World
>>
Sounds like a dadrockish simple plan.
>>
File: b8nja.jpg (64 KB, 498x580) Image search: [Google]
b8nja.jpg
64 KB, 498x580
>>63819846
>Hurley > White
>>
>>63819879
>I want to say it's better than EWBAITE because it's more consistent with it's tone.
Is it really though? I feel like the album has an overall brighter, summery vibe. But then songs like Thank God For Girls, Do You Wanna Get High and Jacked Up deviate from that and have a bit of a darker sound.

Still a great album but I don't feel like it's any more or less consistent in tone than EWBAITE. Or even The Blue Album
>>
>>63819943
Well I'd like to say so. With EWBAITE I feel like the album doesn't want to stick to one specific tone or idea. The songs on the album are good, but they really deviate from each other quite a bit. Prime examples of this being Da Vinci and Cleopatra. The most consistent part of EWBAITE was the Return to Ithaka trilogy, which even then those three songs felt totally different from the rest of the album.
>>
>>63815612
idk, I'm gonna listen while I fall asleep. But I'm happy
>>
>>63820105
terrible way to listen to this kind of music, jesus christ.
>>
>>63819920
Really though. Hurley only has a few absolutely bad tracks. Songs like Memories, Ruling Me, Run Away, Hang On and Time Flies are great. If it wasn't released on the heels of Raditude and Red it not given such a stupid name/cover it would have been viewed much differently.
>>
>>63815612
It's ok. But I can't believe everyone seems to be saying L.A. Girlz is the best song when it's just a blatant re-hash of Susanne. Like they just re-make a song from their early years and everyone loses their shit. Same with Do You Wanna Get High which is a lackluster song but since the production sounds like Pinkerton people are acting like it's one of their best.
>>
absolutely horrible
>>
>>63820339
i love that song so there
>>
Pretty cool acoustic set with some of their new songs if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUpedPGQ9Uk
>>
could anyone turn this into a 2560 x 1600 size wallpaper? im really shitty with the clone stamp
>>
>>63820582
New stuff sounds good but that version of Slave. God damn that's nice.
>>
>>63815612
it's their third best album
>>
>>63818464
this. rivers deserves all happiness
>>
>>63822237
i just want rivers to be happy with his life so he can keep writing good music that comes naturally to him instead of going fucking insane and trying to destroy the legacy he built up
>>
>>63816739
Sorry, next time I'll only post about The Money Store.
>>
what this track reminds me of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYK68QRIfDU

it sounds exactly like ozma. considering they wrote a song for everything will be alright i wonder if they wrote this track too
>>
more like the shite album amirite
>>
>>63824165
*i just realized what this track reminds me of
>>
>>63824165
you got a link to this? no japan edition in the archive :(
>>
>>63820582
I was there over the weekend! Totally surprised by Slave, it was awesome.
>>
>>63820582
holy shit the acoustic rendition of slave is 10/10.

i have never felt this excited for a release in a long time but thanks to white album, i really can't wait to listen to the 'black' album whenever it's out.
>>
I fucking love it, granted I'm not a huge Weezer fan but I've listened to a few of their albums and I have yet to stop listening to this. 7.5 or 8 for me familia
>>
>>63816313
Ehhh, I give that position to Maladroit, a surprisingly good album from 2002. Probably a little bit more consistent than EWBAITE, so I'd give it 4th place.
>>
>>63819288
Aw man, Maladroit was sooooo good though, I definitely give it 3rd. Other than that and blue album being tied with Pinkerton for me (because I like them both so much yet their so different), I agree with you.
>>
Honestly, I don't think it's up to par with EWBAITE.

It's not bad, but it's not that good. I'd put it comfortably in their mid-range output. It reminds me the most of Green.
>>
File: Cancer metastisizes.png (153 KB, 735x348) Image search: [Google]
Cancer metastisizes.png
153 KB, 735x348
KYS
>>
>>63826991
>>63815612
>>63826400
>>63819943
>>63820005
>Album name is literally called EwBaite

You can't make this shit up
>>
I find it weird that people generally seem to like this more than EWBAITE

It's nice but there's no songs that are up there with Weezer's best. There are actually EWBAITE songs that I think are on par or better than some Blue songs tbqh (Cleopatra, British Are Coming, Foolish Father)

That said, EWBAITE had fucking Back to the Shack as the lead single, so maybe that's tainted people's memories
>>
>>63816031
I've been up skiing in the mountins up untill yesterday and I had no idea this album had dropped so I'm listening to it for the first time right now
>>
Does this sound kinda 90's to someone else?

I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the sound.
>>
>>63827287
Of course it sounds 90s, Weezer are perpetually stuck in the 90s (except that brief period where they were stuck in the early 00s instead)
>>
>>63827236
This album just fucking sounds like the perfect summer. I initially thought of it as only on par with Green and EWBAITE, but it's actually really different. It feels way more coherent in theme, lyrics and production. While I felt EWBAITE was Rivers pretending it was 20 years ago, White is him being nostalgic about 20 years ago. White is really an almost perfect pop-album.
>>
>>63819892
Underrated post. This is a perfect description.
>>
>>63827287
>does one of the most quintessential 90's bands sound 90's to you?

No, bro. Not in the slightest. To me, this sounds like 80's West Coast hip hop.
>>
>>63827546
hilarious
>>
>>63827236
>on par or better than some Blue songs tbqh
>Cleopatra

Honestly, I think that's the second worst song on that album, surpassed only by Back to the Shack. Foolish Father is is the most early Weezer-esque on the album. Go Away is great because it reminds me of SFTBH.
>>
6/10 album, imo. Nothing bad, nothing great.
>>63826991
>>63827236
these
>>
>>63827606
>I think that's the second worst song on that album
this tbqh famalam
>>
ain't got nobody < california kids
back to the shack < wind in our sail
eulogy for a rock band < thank god for girls
lonely girl < girl we got a good thing
i've had it up here < do you wanna get high
the british are coming > king of the world
da vinci > summer elaine and drunk dory
go away < la girlz
cleopetra < jacked up
foolish father > endless bummer

3-7: white wins
>>
>>63827791
You forgot about the trilogy making it 6-7
>>
File: wp.jpg (602 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
wp.jpg
602 KB, 2560x1600
>>63820782
Tried my best desu
>>
>>63824165
To be fair Ozma always was a Weezer rip off. But I see what you mean.
>>
File: prindle.jpg (16 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
prindle.jpg
16 KB, 500x376
>>63824172
pringle is that u?
>>
It's very good. It will only be good during the summer though.
>>
>>63815612
Blue > Pinkerton > EWBAITE > White > Maladroit > Green > Red >>>>> Make Believe > Hurley > Raditude
>>
>>63815612
Better than Hurley and Red, not as good as Maladroit tho.
>>
>>63827791
Here's mine:

ain't got nobody > california kids
back to the shack < wind in our sail
eulogy for a rock band > thank god for girls
lonely girl > girl we got a good thing
i've had it up here < do you wanna get high
the british are coming > king of the world
da vinci < summer elaine and drunk dory
go away < la girlz
cleopetra < jacked up
foolish father > endless bummer

5/5, but EWBAITE still wins because of the futurescope trilogy.
>>
>>63831088
>da vinci < summer elaine and drunk dory
Objectively wrong, get out
>>
Does anyone have a link to EWBAITE? Zip file pls.
>>
>>63832269
Not at all m8. Da Vinci was the second worst song EWBAITE after Back to the Shack. Summer Elaine is shaping up to be the most underrated White Album song. It's catchy as fuck.
>>
>>63831088
>ain't got nobody > california kids
>back to the shack < wind in our sail
>eulogy for a rock band > thank god for girls
>lonely girl < girl we got a good thing
>i've had it up here > do you wanna get high
>the british are coming > king of the world
>da vinci < summer elaine and drunk dory
>go away > la girlz (Susanne re-write)
>cleopetra = jacked up
>foolish father > endless bummer

White is great but EWBAITE still surpasses it overall.
>>
>>63828013
thanks pal. :^) some minor things, but really appreciate that you took the time. you're awesome. <333
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.