[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Circa Survive anyone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: on letting go.jpg (83 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
on letting go.jpg
83 KB, 700x700
why does no one ever talk about this band here? Juturna is literally my #1 favorite album of all time, they're extremely talented and write incredible music, ntm their live shows are absolutely phenomenal. Colin and Brendans' guitar work is so creative and unique, the way they work together and how seamlessly it flows, remaining very technical yet not too complicated.

So what's /mu/'s opinion, I've never once seen this band discussed here. I personally find them amazing. Didn't like them at first, but they still grow on me after listening for years.
>>
>>63815034
I can't satand Anthony Green's vocals
>>
>>63815034
It's trash.
>>
>>63815034
Blue Sky Noise > Juturna
>>
>>63815034
I've listened to Descensus, it's pretty good. Would be great if all the songs were like Schema.
>>
>>63815053
I hated his vocals at first as well, but my girlfriend (at the time) loved them, so I kept listening and he grew on me.

Needless to say, he's my favorite vocalist now.

>>63815143
Descensus is alright, it was a bit of a letdown when I first heard it. Hearing it live completely changed my opinion on it, those songs have so much more energy played live. And yeah, Schema is the best song on the album. Wish the whole album had more of a Schema/The Lottery tone.
>>
>>63815034
This band literally saved my life..I'll tell the story if anyones interested.
>>
>>63815328
No one cares tripfag
>>
>>63815328
go on
>>
>>63815328
OP here, tell us my boy

and yeah, they definitely helped push me through high school dude.
>>
Juturna is unironically a 10/10, with on letting go being like an 8. But fuck if I don't love these guys. At the very least there work is right up there with the fall of troy
>>
>>63815822
Another fucking great band. Agreed with your ratings too, Doppelgänger is also another unironic 10/10
>>
On Letting Go and Juturna are amazing albums, through and through. Anyone into Saosin?
>>
>>63816757
I only really listen to Translating the Name, but I love it. They have a new album coming out with Anthony Green (finally back after 13 years) on May 20th bte
>>
first two albums are etched into my brain and I hold Anthony as my personal favorite vocalist
not much into their other newer albums though.
I much prefer the sound of animals fighting for anthony nowadays, or his own solo stuff. avalon is a bomb album
>>
One of those few high school bands I still fuck with, Living together is prob still one of my favorite opening tracks ever
>>
>>63815328
When I tried to kill myself in high school. I had tried to hang myself, and I had my Ipod touch on the time on the floor. When I kicked the chair out from under me, the rope snapped and I fell on to the ground, and my hand hit the ipod. "The difference between medicine and posion is the dose" start playing and I sat there and listened to it. I realize how fucking stupid I was acting and almost killed myself over a temporary problem. So "On letting go" represents to me all of the issues I've had in my life, and hard hard I've tried to oversome them, and how it's better to at least try and get through life without taking the easy way out.
>>
Musically they're okay to me but no aspect of it makes me want to have their music downloaded for playback. Don't find that their choruses are very good and lyrically I can't relate but I can see how others would.
>>
>>63817258
thank you for sharing that man
>>
I really liked them in high school when Juturna and OLG were their only two releases and checked up on their releases for a while before I got bored and stopped checking in. Juturna, Avalon and to a lesser extent, On Letting Go will always be special albums to me. BSN and Violent Waves are pretty cool too.

Anthony Green put his hand into my mouth for about ten seconds in Bloomington Illinois a couple years ago during their tour with Minus the Bear.
>>
>>63817258
Thanks for sharing this dude. Music is incredibly powerful.
>>
File: mouwvr9ln74ywury.jpg (54 KB, 365x488) Image search: [Google]
mouwvr9ln74ywury.jpg
54 KB, 365x488
Cove > Anthony Green
>>
Love circa
>>
File: Circa Survive On Letting Go 2.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Circa Survive On Letting Go 2.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>63815122
Disgusting

Used to love Juturna and On Letting Go, don't listen to them anymore. It's nice to check in on every once in a while, though. Their live shows are always fun, too.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.