[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about Iron Maiden?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: ironma.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ironma.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
What does /mu/ think about Iron Maiden?
>>
i like them
>>
Although I prefer the Paul Di' Anno albums, Iron Maiden never put out a bad record, even though I think Bruce Dickenson is a jealous schmuck. Hey, Number of The Beast is a classic. So is Killers.
>>
>>63813420
why is he a jealus schmuck?
>>
They are my favorite pop band
>>
Probably one of my favourite metal bands desu. I saw them live yesterday and Bruce can still sing.
>>
>>63813420
X-Factor? Virtual XI?
>>
>>63813799
X factor
>>
Steve Harris is probably my favorite bass player
>>
>>63813291
Great band. Seventh son of a seventh is a solid record man. This band is legendary.
>>
Seriously I think they're the one band that will always be good to listen to. I have respect for what they accomplished in their career.
>>
>>63813420
why would dickinson be jealous? he's a worldclass singer, a former nationally-ranked fencer, a certified pilot, an author, a movie director, and now the owner of a dirigible engine manufacturing company, and i doubt he still feels that he's done it all. bruce dickinson is fucking goat.
>>
One of my favorite bands and introductions into metal/music in general. I have a love for all their albums, yes even Virtual XI, though some may be based around nostalgia. Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are some of my favorite albums of all time. Going to see them live for the first time on Wednesday.
>>
Absolutely classic. The only album that I don't listen to is No prayer for the dying. Their new album has some great songs on it, but as a whole I feel its a bit weak.
>>
>>63813643
doesn't he have cancer now too
>>
pretty plebeian
>>
File: image.jpg (1007 KB, 2448x2725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1007 KB, 2448x2725
>>
>>63813643
Toronto?
>>
>>63814849
You are in for a fucking good show, my first time was yesterday, holy fuck was it worth it.
>>
>>63816367
Lemme guess, it's all about Burzum with you isn't it?
>>
first two were the best but everything is rad
>>
They're still pretty good live but they really need to stop churning out new shitty albums. Nobody has needed a new IM record since George HW Bush was president.
>>
File: Scout.gif (60 KB, 286x323) Image search: [Google]
Scout.gif
60 KB, 286x323
>>63813799
X Factor is fucking great though. Not in their but definitely worth at least one listen.

Virtual XI is irredeemable though.

>tfw seeing them on Wednesday
>>
It's mostly Yuropoors and LatAms that keep them going. Maiden were never really that popular in America except for TNOTB, but go to Chile or Brazil and see schmucks with Eddie T-shirts everywhere.
>>
>>63819399
*Not in their top 5
>>
Best album
>>
Maiden had a bigger influence on Eurometal while Judas Priest had a bigger influence on American metal. I've always preferred Priest because they have a bigger bag of tricks than Maiden, also a much better sense of melody and Rob sounds like his own thing instead of a Dio pastiche.
>>
I saw them in 2012 during the Maiden England show, too bad I'll miss them now but god damn I'm glad I saw Seventh Son live. It's amazing to see Bruce run full speed waving a flag and singing The Trooper
>>
>>63819323
What are you talking about? Book of Souls is probably their best post reunion album since Brave New World, one of their best albums
>>
>>63819323
Why do people say this? If you don't like it don't listen to them, but nothing is gained from artists just stopping to do things. Even if one person out there likes an album then that's made the album worth it.
>>
>>63819400
>It's mostly most of the world that keeps them going
>Book of Souls got to number 4 in the US.
>>
>>63819638
>It's amazing to see Bruce run full speed waving a flag and singing The Trooper

Rob Halford looks pretty dead by now, although he is older than Bruce.
>>
>>63813291
Great, I'm seeing them in a month
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.