[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict guise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: the-deftones.jpg (1 MB, 3600x2400) Image search: [Google]
the-deftones.jpg
1 MB, 3600x2400
What's the verdict guise
>>
>>63813253
Good band. Their newest song Hearts/Wires is awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJbvSmRuV_w
>>
Piece of shit nu metal.
The abundance of Deftones threads and mentions recently on this board is yet another mark of how much it's getting overtaken by Reddit.
>>
high hopes were had but it sucks, alot of really shitty vocal sections, the heavy parts feel very 90s nu metal
>>
Gore was meh desu
It had promise but I don't see how people are saying it's their best. We all know that is Koi No Yokan.
>>
>>63813253
I remember there being a really big buzz about them when they became popular. But nobody really knew why. They just sort of appeared and people just started saying "bro you listen to the deftones?". But nobody reaaally likes them that much.
>>
Meh. I never really gave em a chance. I feel like I'm not missing anything either. They had a great grind core band open for them on some Texas dates recently, which is a weird combination to say the least.
>>
>>63813592
You're right we need 500 more Kanye threads. Discussion of anything other than the few bands pitchfork tells you to worship is obviously reddit.
>>
>>63813253
First three albums are masterpieces. Didn't like gore.
>>
>>63813592
They just put out an album faggot, people are gonna talk about it
>>
Antone got a link? The archive is being a cunt
>>
Curious about the people who like/dislike Gore; what are you guys' favorite album from Deftones? I'm always curious about this cause it feels like White Pony and Diamond Eyes are the most common picks but Saturday Night wrist and Koi No Yokan seem to have a big niche.
>>
First band I really got into. The gore rip leak isn't any good sound quality wise but I honestly enjoyed the album. Enjoyed it more than their last 2 records even with the shit sound quality.

>>63814326
there was a link on a thread yesterday but the link is dead now
>>
>>63814326
https://kat.cr/deftones-gore-2016-t12369122.html
>>
>>63814985
Any links to something with better than potato-quality sound?
>>
Gore is up on slsk in 320

can anyone confirm they're transcodes or not?
>>
>>63815052
I wish. Pretty sure this is all we got for now
>>
I'd love to listen to the leak, but this feels like a release that I should wait for, and listen to it when the band wants me to, how they intended to. Hitting the store and grabbing a cd of it right when I get off on friday, hope it exceeds expectations.
>>
I don't think I've ever heard a Deftones album that didn't just make me want to listen to HUM
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (92 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
92 KB, 1440x1080
>>63813253
White Pony was one of my favourite album in my teenage years. It's still pretty good rock, their newer stuff is too tame though.

God, as a teenager 2000's were a great time when you were into rock.
>>
>>63813253
Chino as /mu/ husbando 2016 y/n?
>>
Anyone got a direct dl for a rar of it? <3
>>
>>63813253
Too early to say because the leaked tracks are such low quality.

Gotta wait for a higher quality version to start circulating the internet before I can formulate an opinion.
>>
>>63814422
Around The Fur is my absolute favorite. I honestly don't know why more people talk about it. It struck a perfect balance between heavy and atmospheric in my opinion
>>
To the dissenters of Deftones - I understand that you don't like it, and I understand why you don't like it, but consider this, after all these years, they are one of the only bands of their kind that have stood the test of time and continue to release relevant music. Albums like White Pony are especially relevant in this regard. Sonically, it doesn't sound dated in the least. It's still heavy as fuck, conceptually compelling and interesting, thought provoking and surreal.
>>
one of my favorite bands. don't listen to them as often as I used to but I still get a kick out of flipping through their discography.
>>
i feel like whoever released this mixed every 2nd track lower than the rest. im gunna have to wait for a decent copy
>>
>>63813253
Neckbeard core but could be worse.
>>
better than the previous album, but still doesn't come anywhere near what they used to be. goddamn shame, I absolutely love everything before Koi no yokan
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.