[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: homepage_large.a61ee51a.jpg (83 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.a61ee51a.jpg
83 KB, 319x319
what do you guys think of this album?
>>
a shitty pastiche of modern hip hop by someone very detached from the genre he's aping
>>
I haven't listened to it in a while, but I like it. Pretty good album
>>
File: 1442108124258.png (319 KB, 909x960) Image search: [Google]
1442108124258.png
319 KB, 909x960
Sly shit
>>
His collab with Chase was brettygudimo.bat
>>
>>63811935
It's a good album but it isn't really modern hip-hop because of that detachment, Idk what it is. It's a good album, but it's just different, poppier, and more appealing to the masses than shit like Travis and Young Thug
>>
much better than /mu/ gives it credit for
>>
>>63812216
this
>>
>>63811892
pretty good for alternative pop rap
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 286x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 286x348
>>63811935
imagine acting like you know the slightest thing hip hop when it's clear you don't
>>
>>63811892

it's the hiphop equivalent of The Wall

I mean this as a good thing though, I love this album and really don't understand the hate it gets on here. Maybe you have to be depressed to like it?
>>
File: legion.jpg (80 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
legion.jpg
80 KB, 960x960
>>63811892

>donald
>>
>>63812880
there's no moon sugar for you, nigger
>>
>>63812880
about*
>>
>>63811892
its cool
>>
>>63811892
not as good as his older stuff but I still liked it. Not what I wanted him to go out with...but I don't know what the fuck he's doing now. Just getting high and contemplating existence? I did hear he had a show coming out or something. I used to be a huge fan but I haven't listened to a song by him in years now.
>>
>>63811892
Its not bad but nothing makes it good. there are a few moments from it that i like, like the jhene aiko feature, but idk the songs didnt feel fleshed out well enough
>>
>>63811892
Love it. But it probably wouldn't have left much of an impact if I hadn't been high the first time I heard it
>>
Royalty was better just because the features on it were great. Childish Gambino really isn't anything special in my opinion I think that's the reason this album falls flat.
>>
it's not humanly possible to listen to this cornball reel off his punchlines without cringing
>>
>>63812933
>maybe you have to be [middle class and white] to like it?

ftfy
>>
I enjoy it. pretty good album to loop senpai. plus the last track is absolutely goat.
>>
Really liked it when it came out, still like it a lot.
>>
>>63812216
This.
Not my favorite Gambino music, but very memorable and wonderful.
>>
>>63811892
Its good. Sure its a "chronically depressed suburban white guy album", but I don't see a need to discount those feelings.
>>
File: gannon.png (814 KB, 1069x918) Image search: [Google]
gannon.png
814 KB, 1069x918
The sequence from Playing Around Before the Party Starts -> Zealots of Stockholm is GOAT lonely weekend music, agreed?
>>
Avant Garde/Art Rap
>>
>>63811892

Zealots of stockholm is his best song, and it's on the album.
>>
Literal goat rap album
>>
>>63811892
this is my favorite album

not favorite artist or genre, but the composition of the album is perfect.

GOAT driving album too
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.