[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Skepta and BBK and Stormzy and the like. They've devolved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Unknown.png (4 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
4 KB, 277x182
Fuck Skepta and BBK and Stormzy and the like. They've devolved into trying to copy American trap rap. Keysound is one of the few labels putting out actual proper and forward-thinking grime tracks. Not some chart pop rubbish or faux trap shite.
>>
Isn't keysound the label burial created so he could release temple sleeper?
>>
>>63805910
Lel.
>>
>>63805626
don't worry yourself too much lad. leave all of these 'grime' fans to listen to there vocal pop grime.

cos tbf if you like stormzy the chances are you are not gonna like some raw killa broken beat grime detboi release or something. ya know
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hi7CaqE8A
>>
>>63809016
>I'm a weed consumer
>get my eyeballs red like Akuma
10/10
>>
ffs stormzy ruining funktions on the low with that stupid christmas single

not to mention all the grime stars who sold out full stop (dizzee, tinchy stryder)

fucking yanks and drake and kanye trying to hop on the bandwagon and they don't even know the history of the genre or what proper grime is

it's almost like dubstep all over again
>>
>>63809661
>not to mention all the grime stars who sold out full stop
I'm glad that, at the very, very, very least, Wiley doesn't need to sell out.
>>
>>63809710
Wearing My Rolex was close, but yeah, he's done pretty alright in later years as far as not just up and cashing in hard.
>>
>>63809916
what do you call this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qimiWfZAtXw
>>
>>63805626
Grime is a genre of music that emerged in England in the early 2000s.

It is primarily a development of UK garage, drum and bass and dancehall.
>>
>>63810605
Shhhh.... We don't speak of that. Snakes and Ladders at least was a step back in the right direction.
>>
>>63805626
budu bap bap its ooooh lmao
>>
File: D DOUBLE E.jpg (21 KB, 336x337) Image search: [Google]
D DOUBLE E.jpg
21 KB, 336x337
OH MY GWOOSH
>>
>>63809710
>Wiley doesn't need to sell out.

Are you deluding yourself this hard?

Pretty much every big name grime artist has made pop music at one point or another.
>>
>>63805626
Adele just shouted out Stormzy at her concert today lel.
>>
File: brr.png (2 KB, 34x35) Image search: [Google]
brr.png
2 KB, 34x35
>>63811456
>>
>>63809710
he's been selling out part-time for years
>>
anyone else like kahn? a bit of an obvious choice but pretty much everything he's put out has been ace (though not all of it is grime)
>>
Why do "real grime fans" hate Stormzy and Skepta so much?

Is it just because they're successful?

I mean shit, Stormzy did a freestyle over a beat that you guys literally cream yourselves and it did well and you guys hated it for whatever reason. And every time you mention Stormzy someone on here will say "HIS VERSION WAS TERRIBLE CHECK OUT THIS SUPERIOR VERSION" and link a 10 year old video of some angry roadman yelling about beating people up with potato quality. And 10 times out of 10 the roadman isn't even on beat. The instrumental may as well not be there. He's just yelling.

At least Stormzy actually raps and has a consistent, on-beat flow.

That's why he's successful. It's not because he makes "pop music", because he's achieved success with the exact same instrumental that so many before him TRIED to achieve success with. It's because he's actually good.
>>
>>63809016
He looks and sounds like an autistic pencil.

>i got money in the bank i'm a banker

Fucking lyrical genius. It's clear why he's a legend in England.

Fucking hell this genre has potential, the beats are great but the fact that rappers like this are popular and well known shows how low the standards are.
>>
File: CewJ-fvXIAEOOA2.jpg (25 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CewJ-fvXIAEOOA2.jpg
25 KB, 600x450
>>63811622
>He looks and sounds like an autistic pencil.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.