[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw after 5 years you realize this is Radiohead's best album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 1653x1477) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 1653x1477
>tfw after 5 years you realize this is Radiohead's best album
>>
File: Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg (62 KB, 275x271) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg
62 KB, 275x271
>>63803199
>tfw after 5 second you realize that this is still their best album
>>
>>63803199
I'd say top 3 but it is really hard to beat Amnesiac.
>>
>>63803724
OK Computer and Kid A are the sentimental faces for the middle school feels that they still give me when I listen to them.

But objectively, In Rainbows is probably their true strongest album
>>
>>63803775
Your probably right but I'm more of a feels > rules kinda guy when it comes to judging things
>>
>>63803775
>>63803807
*reals
>>
>>63803775
*faves
>>
>>63803199
Codex is really the only song I go back to from that album.
>>
>>63803742
>>63803199
Both have tracks which are either let-downs or forgettable. The transition from Pyramid to Pull/Pulk is the best single moment in their discography though.

>>63803724
It's probably their most consistently good album, but not my favourite.

>>63803775
In Rainbows' first half is literally flawless, but the second half does not even compare. Jigsaw is a banger, but Videotape is one of their worst closers.

Real talk, Kid A is their best album. It flows so well and even tracks like Treefingers work so well in context. It also packs the biggest emotional punch, no matter what some critics say about its "coldness". There's so much emotion in tracks like How To Disappear Completely and Morning Bell, without even mentioning the closer.
>>
>>63803807
And that's the problem with Radiohead, the feels are somewhat diminished because they were so successful that everyone else sounds like them and the old stuff sounds less "special" to your brain as a result.

The Bends is easier to overlook now because Coldplay built an entire career off of cribbing it over and over again and the sound pallette is so overplayed.

OK Computer is in the same boat, only this time it was arguably Muse that built a career off of plagiarising its artistic core.

And Kid A/Amnesiac/HTTT have been so extensively copied by everyone else in the indie world that it was hard to see In Rainbows as being the landmark it was, because it just didn't sound nearly as unique and "special" anymore
>>
>not recognizing their best album
>>
same here
>>
Having bought most of Radiohead's discography this year, I was prepared to be disappointed by KOL but I actually kind of like it.

They went for something a bit more electronic than In Rainbows but not like Kid A, just a lot of dense rhythm.

It's probably somewhere in the middle with Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief.
>>
>>63804138
>posting almost their worst album
>>
>>63804138
This 2bh. At least it's better than In Rainbows
>>
>>63803918
>The transition from Pyramid to Pull/Pulk is the best single moment in their discography though.
nigga what
>>
>>63803724
This
>>
>>63806036
It's the sudden sharp contrast between the floating, high-register sirens at the end of Pyramid and then the dense, low-register stabs between silence. It's so fucking good. It gives me a feeling unlike any other.
>>
>>63803199
Radiohead are on Pluto

Thom Yorke is nothing to do with whatever the fuck anymore.

"are you a brain? are you a brain? aaaeeeii aaaaa tivking clock elephants and microwave paricle"

what was any of it about?
>>
File: 1418667784688.jpg (142 KB, 679x631) Image search: [Google]
1418667784688.jpg
142 KB, 679x631
>just started playing creep before entering /mu/
>That joy I felt upon hearing spectre release on christmas day 2015
>underrated band, biggest British band since Queen

I'm just having a few radiohead feels, forgive me /mu/ i'm lonely and tipsy
>>
>>63806934
creep is their shittiest song though
>>
Hola Is :)
>>
Ains <3
>>
>>63803742

i thought that amnesiac was their worst album by far
>>
>>63804138
I felt that HTTT is really inconsistent. It has my favorite opening and closing songs but a lot of the middle is kinda bland.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.