[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to release a new album(Jazzy Ambient/IDM/Soundscape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1431025154543.jpg (65 KB, 452x639) Image search: [Google]
1431025154543.jpg
65 KB, 452x639
I'm about to release a new album(Jazzy Ambient/IDM/Soundscape stuff), what do you think is the best way to promote it to a bigger audience?
>>
You put it in soundcloud threads
>>
suck some dicks
>>
>>63800973
that's the worst option to be honest. sc threads are ussually just a huge circlejerk
>>63800976
kinda better
>>
>>63800950
>Jazzy Ambient/IDM/Soundscape stuff
>bigger audience

Pick one
>>
it's a long shot but you could send it to small review people like Marcel or anybody else you know like that and try to finesse a review. Blogs as well.

If you have any kind of following on twitter you could try getting people to tweet at Fantano about you. He probably won't review it but he's responded to that kind of thing before and may retweet your album or whatever if he likes you (assuming you have previous work to hear).

It's always helpful to make friends with your "peers". People of about the same size as you who make the same general stuff you do. They may have ideas or contacts in other places. Even if they're not that good.
>>
>>63800950
go away brian eno
>>
>>63801248
kek'd at the thought of eno promoting his new album on /mu/
>>
suicide
>>
>>63801551
worked for bowie
>>
>>63800950
Muscle your way into a musical social circle in a big city. Play shows relentlessly and make yourself visible. Meet people and be proactive. Handmake physical copies and sell them at shows or pass them around.

You *WILL NOT* get *ANYWHERE* spamming your shit online unless your music is totally, totally exceptional. Which it probably isn't.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.