[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does /mu/ fuck with vic mensa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: vic-mensa-codeine-crazy.jpg (153 KB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
vic-mensa-codeine-crazy.jpg
153 KB, 800x474
does /mu/ fuck with vic mensa?
>>
he hair look like cotton
>>
he hair look like kraft mac n cheese
>>
he hair look like george washinton
>>
he hair look like popcorn
>>
Hair looks like clouds
>>
He hair too big for he gotdamn head
>>
>>63798498
fuck you
>>
>>63798440
This is to remind himself and his people of the days of slavery in the cotton fields.
>>
he's like a pretentious, untalented Chance clone

and Chance is a boring, uninteresting pop rap act

and his hair looks like a tryhard Sisqo 'do
>>
>>63798440
>>63798449
>>63798475
>>63798484
>>63798498
>>63798506
YES BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS MUSIC?
>>
>>63798521
he music sucks
>>
>>63798540
well memed
>>
>>63798520
>Chance clone
they like grew up together
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 640x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 640x620
>>
>>63798506
i chinked
>>
>>63798585
what the fuck happened to that wall?

why is hip mattress cover upside down?

why is his guitar as broken as it is?

what is he supposed to be doing with his hand?
>>
>>63798656
Such is the life of an edgy faggot.
>>
I like about two of his songs. Idk if that counts as fucking with him.
>>
I have no idea why, but I just do not want to like Vic Mensa. I mean I know I don't really care for his image but that doesn't distract me from the quality of the music at all. And the music's not really that bad or anything, he's not the greatest rapper to ever live but he's serviceable and he can put together a decently catchy hook every now and again. He hooks up with decent producers, some relatively big names for his debut mixtape. On paper, his music seems like something I should like or at least tolerate, but it just possesses some quality that makes me not want to like it.

I guess it just seems like a lot of "Vic Mensa" is very forced. I know there's rumors that he's an industry plant or whatever but I feel like it's deeper than that. Because there are guys like J. Cole and Big Sean where I don't think they deserve much of the mainstream praise that they've gotten but I at least understand how they might appeal to people. And I know a good amount of people that like Big Sean and J. Cole, so it's at least present in my life. But I talk to a good amount of hip-hop fans both on the internet and in real life and I haven't run across a single person who actually claims to be a fan of Vic Mensa. Occasionally you'll get people who say they like him but it's usually in association with someone else: "oh I like his part on Wolves", "oh I like that song that he did with Chance." Sometimes he'll drop a single and people will talk about it for a brief minute, but his solo stuff doesn't seem to stick in most peoples' minds for too long.

I feel like "Vic Mensa" is something we're all told we're supposed to like, and some people do fall for it, but a lot of us look at it and just say "you know, I don't really need this thing anywhere in my life at all." Because even worse than the that the purely mediocre musician is the purely slightly above mediocre musician, the musician that gives off a slight hint of talent only to make you wonder if you ever really smelled it.
>>
>>63798430
he's lame imo. but i fuck with his boy tokyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTj5-V2e4OE
>>
>>63798430
corny nigga lame
>>
I knew my dude Ice JJ Fish would get a /mu/ thread someday
>>
>>63798513
Ebin.
>>
>>63798430
vic pls go
>>
>>63798430
SELLOUT
>>
here he is trying way too hard in this interview with nardwuar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_vRvYrQ0o
>>
>>63798841
this seems like pasta but at the same time, it's exactly right.
>>
>>63798966
Nah not pasta man, just some late night rambling.
>>63798954
See, it's stuff like this. He just seems like a nonexistence, like I know he's a rapper and he raps kinda well sometimes but that he's 100% disposable at the same time. Of all the musical artists I've ever listened to, I don't quite know if I've come across someone as disposable, as removable from the musical continuum of my life, as Vic Mensa. And when he talks about a label offering him $3500 to sign and he talks about how at the time he was basically appalled that they would offer him that little money, and how he didn't care because he had $1100 in the bank from selling weed like that's so impressive or something, just seems like a horribly unlikable dude. And then he tries to make fun of Nardwuar on Nardwuar's own show is just rude. Fuck, his whole crew just seems awful.
>>63798585
And this shit is just horrible, I have no idea how any guy that takes himself seriously could commit to this.

But even that all that aside, his music is almost completely forgettable.
>>
a lotta these corny ass rappers and celebrities and shit are lame as fuck. like remember those gay ass student body kids in highschool trying to be like class president and shit thats what these fags are like.
>>
I liked a majority of "Traphouse Rock" back when he was with his band, but most of his solo rap "career" has been lackluster. I think he could make good music, but he's not doing it right now.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.