[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The most dated production techniques/effects >Flang
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: capri-sun.jpg (118 KB, 617x600) Image search: [Google]
capri-sun.jpg
118 KB, 617x600
ITT: The most dated production techniques/effects

>Flange effect
Seemed to be used only in the mid-to-late-'70s and nowhere else. A couple examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHCdCbTxypU @ 4:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x16-qZJmpKA @ 11:18
>>
Dubstep warbles/LFO whatever the fuck it is

Gated snares

Autotune
>>
John McGeoch
>>
>flange effect

Still used a ton but usually mixed with different effects to create a unique sound. Just like pretty much every other effect in existence.
>>
Fucking chorus + slightly wet reverb
God I hate 80's production
>>
>>63798938
Thats why i love 80's production
>>
>>63798938
Also still used a ton.. you guys need to step it up.
>>
>>63798953
No. I mean literally turning the chorus all the fucking way up.
A little bit is fine but good god full chorus sounds atrocious
>>
lol you guys are serious? Wholly shit. Every effect can be either shit or awesome depending on its application. Hilarious that ths is being discussed. Also, nubs who haven't heard flanging sounds while on LSD gtfo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iO-Cv1pU7w

That shit needs to die
>>
>>63798984
Haha acid flange fucked me up. But this statement is correct. I think the discussion of overused effects during time periods is kind of a fun topic though.

I loved how heavily early psych rock bands used so many effects at full wetness. Like it was either all the flange or tremolo, or none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7KxShixE-A

Mainly see a lot of phases in more recent music. Like a lot of pop singers using auto tune obviously, or using lots of pitch shifters just for the fuck of it lately.
>>
80's drum machines

Tremolo pedals

Vocal throws/Vocal reverbs
>>
>>63798984
Sure, but we're talking about effects/production techniques that sound particularly dated, not saying any of these are objectively shit or anything
>>
that synth warm up sound just before the chorus/drop
>>
>>63799076
>Tremolo pedals

Literally the only effect I use (+ Reverb some times)
>>
fuck I hate van der graaf generator

them along with gong and emerson lake and palmer are the shittiest 70s prog bands that get critical acclaim for whatever fucking reason, like literally queen is better than the aforementioned bands
>>
>>63799094
Hmm yeah stop that, unless you are trying to sound like a mediocre 80's post punk revival tribute band
>>
>>63799123
how about you stop taking fat dick in your ass first pal
>>
>>63799123
But I make surf rock, tremolo is essential and I need a springy reverb m8
>>
>>63799131
i cant bebe i luv it too much, get yourself a fuzz face and join the 21st century
>>
>>63799138
>surf rock

WEW the 60's called they want there flavor of the month back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XbjuEM3jCs

:^)
>>
>>63799155
X fuckin D man
>>
>>63799155
mike patton sounds a lot like sam hyde. it's uncanny
>>
>>63799155
>proceeds to playing old italian songs in front of a live audience

W E W
>>
>>63799155
>tfw I'd gladly suck the 90s Patton's schlong despite not being homo
>>
Call me when mike patton makes something worth listening to
>>
>>63798354
>autotune
Why is everyone still using it then?and excessively
>>
>>63798938
Can you post an example? I sorta know what you mean, I fucking love that 80s drum sound.
>>
>>63799587
Because the majority of the world are literally fucked in the head and need to go to re education camps 4 real
>>
>>63799271
Yes anon, I that is a reasonable opinion
>>
>>63798098
>>63798969
>>etc.
I think you guys need to learn about how analog effects actually work.
>>
>>63799155
>C'MON IT'S CURRENT YEAR
>>
>fading songs out
Fucking 60's and Beach Boys
>>
>>63800093
>guitarists tend to be stupid
>use this knowledge and knowledge of analog fx
>keep calling chorus pedal a vibrato pedal
>always needs to correct me, calling it chorus
>step up my game
>start calling it a microdelay pedal
>"that's stupid and doesn't even make sense bro"
>just keep doing it
To be fair, I'm not sure if it's that all guitarists are this dumb, or just every last one I've played with.
>>
>>63801934
what in the fuck are they thinking
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.