[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most beloved album on /mu/? Everyone seems to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: laughing_stock.jpg (163 KB, 1080x1078) Image search: [Google]
laughing_stock.jpg
163 KB, 1080x1078
Is this the most beloved album on /mu/? Everyone seems to be obsessed with it...
>>
>>63797172
/mu/ likes shit like Spiderland and ITAOTS more for some reason but /mu/ has bad taste so that shouldn't be surprising
Spirit of Eden + Laughing Stock > the history of recorded music
>>
It's perfect.
>>
Spirit of Eden is better
>>
I listened to Spirit of Eden today. Bretty gud, vocals were a little off putting in a Dad rock kinda way though.
>>
Laughing Stock > Mark Hollis > Spirit of Eden

Spiderland is better than all of them though
>>
fuck off jonas
>>
>>63798569
>Spiderland is better than all of them though
this is incorrect and they dont sound very similar anyway so

also mark hollis' self titled is better than laughing stock, sorry
>>
Never heard anyone talk shit about this desu
>>
>>63797210
(you)
>>
>>63797172
Prismadoll doesn't like it
>>
>>63798972
All the albums in my post are the primogenitors of Post-rock. I'd say they are related

Also Spiderland is the greatest album of all time, the fuck you on about?
>>
>>63798999
>Spiderland is the greatest album of all time
here's your reply
>>
>>63798999
>Spiderland is the greatest album of all time
>>
>>63799041
>i disagree so it must be b8
Ok I guess
>>
File: jc.jpg (115 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
115 KB, 960x720
>spiderland
>trips
>>
>>63798978
Its one of those things I dont like but have only listened to like once or twice
>>
It changes. It used to be Aeroplane, but now it's probably Spiderland.

Remain in Light is the actual best album on mucore though.
>>
>>63799055
>>63799083
>GOD FORBID SOMEONE ELSE HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN MINE!1!1!1!1!1!
>>
>>63799113
You're allowed to have an opinion. Personally I've no idea why people fell in love with Spiderland overnight.

Personally, I find it kind of indulgent and boring.
>>
>>63799113
>GOD FORBID SOMEONE IS NOT PART OF /MU/'S HIVEMIND
>>
>>63799126
That's your opinion and that's completely fine.
>>63799133
Or maybe, you know, I may have formed an emotional connection with the album and I may enjoy it the most for its musical merits and elements. And I might just actually fucking enjoy it much more compared to any other album I've heard?

Absolutely absurd, right?
>>
>>63799145
your emotional connection doesn't make it the best album of all times m8
>>
>>63799182
In my opinion it does.
And of course you're gonna pull the >he thinks music is objective thing because you're running out of legitimate arguments.
Reminder that I never actually said that my opinion was objective. I kept on emphasizing that it was my opinion for that exact opposite purpose.
>>
>>63799219
ths post looks pretty objective to me >>63798999 be careful next time k
>>
>>63799313
It was intended as an expression of my subjective opinions.
Now you know
>>
Spirit of Eden is the true GOAT
>>
>>63797172
Well it is really good. Practically perfect.
>>
Why do most people here prefer Laughing Stock over Spirit of Eden?
>>
I wish Mark Hollis would just keep his mouth shut. He has the worst singing voice.
>>
>>63800707
Unique singing voice.*
>>
File: Cover.jpg (122 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
122 KB, 500x500
Hex is my favorite Talk Talk album.
>>
post favourite moments on Laughing Stock

>those strings at the end of Myrrhman
>feedback guitar solo on After the Flood
>when the lounge-y drums and bass come in on Taphead
>when the organ comes in midway through Runeii (cried a few times to this no regrets)
>>
Does anyone else really get freaked out by Taphead? People always talk about the climax being a surprise, but I think that the rest of the song has an incredibly chilling and ominous feel to it as well.
>>
Talk Talk is not very good imo
>>
>>63798569
even American Don and Ben Hur are better than Spiderland
>>
>>63798999
I fucking hate the logic that something that is in the /mu/core list cant be your fav album because
>muh hivemind
ITAOTS and ITCOTCK and tago mago are in my personal top 20. So because they are on /mu/s list I cant like them? People are stupid...Spiderland is my fav album of all time as well. It is post hardcore though. The band came from hardcore punk backgrounds and the sound is closer to noise bands and hardcore punk bands than post rock
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.