[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on Modest Mouse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
What's /mu/'s opinion on Modest Mouse?
>>
Isaac Brock is a talented lyricist but I can't stand the sound of his singing voice.
>>
They are fucking talented and consistent across all albums.

Accessible yet still quirky enough for people like me gobble every track up.
>>
Me when listening to them:
())========[)~~~~
>>
i dont get what the fuck happened after good news, but the Modest Mouse that put out Strangers to Ourselves is not the Modest Mouse i know and love

from Good News backwards, everything is a solid 10 if you ask me
>>
Bukowski is p hot shit mayne. Nigga Isaac on fire and on point tho.

That said, they're consistently good. Like, damn good.
>>
i've got a deep sentimental connection to lonesome crowded west. really hit it for me. moon and antartica gives me a boner too. pretty much everything up til now really, but a lot of the most recent stuff is a lil bit meh. i forgive them though due to past greatness

great live too, at least they used to be, haven't seen them for a while.
>>
everything before good news is great
>>
>>63796998
I love Bukowski but don't listen to it on acid. I was listening to Good News while tripping but had to skip Bukowski because it felt like they were asking me why I was such an asshole and I got super depressed
>>
>>63796830
I fuck with their debut album. Easy 10. I was surprised by the punk fury on here since before I listened to it, I had only listened to Float On. I've been meaning to listen to the rest of their discography, definitely going to do moon and antarctica next.
>>
>>63799760
That fucking album.. i can't go past it
>>
I just started listening to Modest Mouse.

Had been listening to them since Ocean Breathes Salty was included on one of the soundtracks from The OC like a decade ago, but I never bothered listening to any other song from them until now. Makes me feel so stupid. Exact same thing happened with Pinback and their song Fortress. Didn't listen to any of their other work until just a few months back and now I've listened to their music so much it's permanently burned into my brain. I'll probably end up doing the same with MM.
>>
>>63796830
I listened to the lonesome crowded west and i honestly don't know what people see in that album. Most of the songs are shit and shouldn't have been there save for cowboy dan and trailer trash.
>>
>>63800462
It's uptempo catchy jams, although, I have no idea why someone would like Trailer Trash and not the rest of the album.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.