[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a new turntable. My (very) old one shit the bed. Any recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: brown man with neo geo head.jpg (40 KB, 310x567) Image search: [Google]
brown man with neo geo head.jpg
40 KB, 310x567
Need a new turntable. My (very) old one shit the bed.
Any recommendations?
Anyone have a quick guide to good models/ones to avoid?
>>
lp 120
pro-ject
audio technica if richfag
>>
>>63795114
Not a richfag, but willing to spend too much on shit like this. Thanks for the suggestions yo
>>
>>63795114
The LP120 has an unfixable hum problem that is also present in the PL120 even if you don't use the built in preamp.

I'd recommend away from this if you ever want to upgrade to a moving magnet cartridge, becuase this hum will be noticiably audible. By default, its not that bad. It only has a s/n ratio of 50 which is terrible, but its cheapish.

Check craigslist. I'd recommend an old pioneer if you can make sure its in good condition. The PL-610 is one that is very good to look for an isn't always super expensive.
>>
>>63794745

Rega RP1, best turntable for under 500 bucks.
>>
>>63795263
>>63795283

Thanks guys, I'll look into both. Any preamp suggestions? I have one, but it's old as shit and I don't know shit about it or how to find a good one.
>>
>>63795263
*upgrade from a moving magnet to a Low Output Moving Coil I should say

>>63795410
I'd recommend the Art DJ Pre II. There is a USB version,but I always just plugged the DJ PRE II to the line in and it worked fine.

I personally use the TC-760LC nowadays. Its not really better, but it supports moving coil cartridges.
>>
>>63795453

Just googled the DJ Pre II, looks like the one I have, but mine was spraypainted for some fucking reason by the previous owner so it's hard to be sure. I guess I'll just stick with it until something fucks up or if it sounds like shit when I get a new table.
>>
>>63795622
post pics I might be able to tell.

Never buy a super expensive preamp imo. Vinyl isn't an uncolored sound anyway. That's the point. A preamp is an extremely simple circuit.
>>
>>63795622
>>63795666
oh and he probably spraypainted it because it has this gawdawful LED light that lights up the whole room on the front of it.
>>
>>63795666
>>63795692

That's possible, but he made the whole goddamn thing white. It's covered in shit now, of course, but I don't really give a shit about the aesthetics of it. I'm not at my house, so I can't get pics at the moment, unfortunately.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.