[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Taste/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: tongue.jpg (74 KB, 625x904) Image search: [Google]
tongue.jpg
74 KB, 625x904
Explain your favorite kind of music without heavily relying on genre names. Be as descriptive as you want.
>>
i dunno

I like what sounds good? Rock/Pop I guess
>>
File: samchamp.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
samchamp.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
>>63790605
I'll start. I enjoy heavily nostalgic hip-hop with liberal use of boom-bap beats, jazz influences, and loose cymbal playing.
>>
>>63790605
I like music where a group of musicians works as a team to improvise melodic and rhythmic variations on a theme.
>>
>>63790605
chill
doesn't have to be atmospheric chill but thats good
just chill
>>
sour leanly slightly to bitter
>>
File: exuma.jpg (155 KB, 1050x550) Image search: [Google]
exuma.jpg
155 KB, 1050x550
primal and spiritualistic, i feel like music that's stripped of everything but the artists emotion is very honest

doesn't matter whether it's lofi folk or drone i just want to feel connected to the music
>>
Anything relaxing pretty much.
>>
taste is a myth

i like music, straying away from favorites
>>
I want music that just makes me go "ZOO-WEE MAMA!"
>>
I like music with a mix of acoustic instrumentation, analog electronic elements, and digital production and manipulation; something I greatly enjoy in music is the creative application of distortion, whether from the instruments themselves or the affect of the recording medium and performing space, and I distinctly enjoy layered vocals operating in harmony while singing different parts.
>>
>>63790747
Can you explain yourself more?
>i like music, straying away from favorites
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>63790762
>Loveless
>>
File: shrug.png (540 KB, 709x531) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
540 KB, 709x531
I like a little bit of everything, to be honest
>>
intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>63790661
nujamemes
>>63790671
jizz
>>63790697
tycho (aka boc lite)
>>63790762
mbv or the books
>>63790794
everything but (c)rap and country
>>
Loud and angry, with lots of feedback.
>>
>>63790778
i think that taste is too heavily associated with image around here

i used to worry or think a lot about what my favorite music was or favorite genres were, and i've come to the conclusion that it's not really worth thinking about
>>
>>63790827
>Boris
>>
i mostly seem to like songs that have a catchy hook in them in some way or form
>>
I like hippie shit, grandpa shit and shit with lots of samples in it
>>
>>63790850
Ok, I don't mean to say that you can only have one taste. Just one style of music that really connects with you. Of course, multiple styles of music can gave you the same amount of enjoyment.
>>
unique, thats literally it. i cant stand generic sounding music.
>>
I probably couldn't sound more pretentious if I tried, but; noisy, mystic, and esoteric be it in aesthetics, warped sounds, or the artist's personality.
And super eurobeat of course.
>>
>>63790605
twin twang and enough reverb to make Panda Bear feel conservative
>>
>>63790903
this, I still can't get into rock much because of this and mostly listen to autist bloops as a result
>>
I like loud active stuff, sedated passive stuff makes me feel bad
>>
I tend to enjoy fast pace anf heavy sounding, but not where the artists are trying to show off how fast or loud they're playing. I went to middle school where a bunch of people liked that shit, and it wasn't my thing. I also enjoy fun distortion and effects where the records sound fuzzy and off.
>>
Surprising

That doesn't have to mean weird sounds, standard rock groups can still make surprising music. It sucks being able to finish every musical sentence.
>>
simple, fast, energetic, emotional (extremely happy or angry or sad or whatever)
>>
Kneiterharde poeiers voor als je hard uit je naad bent
>>
>>63791330
Hola coma estas
>>
Fuzzy synthesizers
Melodies
Snow
Fog
Trees
Arpeggios
Wistful
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.