[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm finally getting into the Beach Boys (I listened to Pet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: smile.jpg (655 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
655 KB, 1920x1200
I'm finally getting into the Beach Boys (I listened to Pet Sounds and Surf's Up)

Now which version do I listen to?
What are the main differences between them?
>>
Smile sessions then Brian Wilson presents then Sunflower then Love You

End with Summer in Paradise
>>
File: 4119910.jpg (42 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
4119910.jpg
42 KB, 298x300
This is best Smile
>>
>>63789226
do you have an inoperable brain tumor, and your euthanasia is scheduled for tomorrow morning?

listen to all three and decide for yourself, damn
>>
>>63789279
>all 3
get a load of this hyperpleb
>>
>>63789313
How many versions of Smile are there?
>>
>>63789348
>>
Smiles Sessions and SMiLE are the only essential versions, but they're all worth listening to.
>>
Fuck you pleb start on surfin safari and work your way though their discog. Hearing surfs up without actually listening to any of their surf music and understanding the bands musical progression is a missed opportunity.
>>
Someone post the chart.
>>
>>63789370
What is even exclusive to Smiley Smile?
She's Going Bald?
>>63789381
This
>>
>>63789381
i've already listened to that
that's why i said "i finally got into the Beach Boys"

i used to think it was only that sound
and then i heard those two albums extensively

that's why i wanted to listen to smile and i found out there were 50 different versions
>>
>>63789478
>What is even exclusive to Smiley Smile?

Uh, about half of the album. She's Goin' Bald isn't even that exclusive to Smiley Smile, its melody was written during the SMiLE sessions to lyrics by VDP. It's called He Gives Speeches.
>>
>>63789525
Uh, not what i asked
>>
>>63789565
... what the fuck were you asking then?
>>
>>63789621
>about half the album

So, like, the Smiley part of the title?

Mike Love's lyrics to the melody of He Gives Speeches
>>
>>63789711
>So, like, the Smiley part of the title?

... I can't tell if you're fucking with me, but Little Pad, With Me Tonight, Gettin' Hungry, and Whistle In are entirely original to Smiley Smile. She's Goin' Bald features a melody written during the SMiLE sessions but is technically exclusive to Smiley Smile since no official release of SMiLE has that melody anywhere. The rest can be found in any official version of SMiLE. Does that answer your question?
>>
>>63789226
If you want a great version of Smile I highly suggest you try out soniclovenoize's version of it. It's all I listen to now when I want to listen to the album.
http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-2004.html
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.