[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree that music would be better if rock had never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1452034796778.jpg (33 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1452034796778.jpg
33 KB, 600x338
So we can all agree that music would be better if rock had never happened, right?
>>
Lol wtf no
>>
>>63787653

why not? rock is just anti-intellectual derivative vapid garbage. name one good rock album that isn't influenced by jazz or classical.
>>
>>63788179

my dick - in your mother's mouth
niwaka faggot
>>
>>63788179
What's wrong with jazz and classical influenced rock albums? The entire genre is influenced by jazz. That doesn't make it a bad genre.
>>
>>63788291
Wtf is niwaka
>>
>>63788319

because rock never did anything original or innovative or artistic. it is simply a commercial product.
>>
>>63788405
lmao
>>
if there were no rocks the earth wouldnt exist
>>
>>63788179
Bruh check out some krautrock or take a look at Scaruffles 9/10's.
>>
>>63787372
So we can all agree that /mu/ would be better if OP was never born, right?
>>
>>63788397
Poser otaku. suddenly an animefag when it's seen as a cool thing to be. I'm pretty sure OP is a niwaka and there's no point in discussing music with him.
>>
The second summer of love starting in '88 was the most important era in modern European music culture as it took the American based house and techno and fused it with European attitudes, prowess and compositional excellence to forefront the run of the music that followed on through the rave era, the 90s progression of techno, house, and of course breakbeat hardcore, jungle and all the genres and fusions that followed

Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, one of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was jungle or drum & bass, a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation Thanks to ever more intricate beats and to free structures borrowed from jazz, jungle music rapidly became the foundation for a new kind of avantgarde music, pursued by the most austere of the genre's visionaries

It both cemented the death of and proved without doubt that outside of America, the dark ages of rock were dead and merely a passing fad and the progression of funk, soul and rhythm and blues, and via proxy, the music of Jamaica and the influence of hip hop on dance music and indeed hip hop itself showed that electronic music was the natural progression and the rock of the 60s and 70s was a waste of time and a step backwards in music progression.
>>
>>63788500

fuck off
>>
>>63788508
>being proud of liking anime

faggot
>>
>>63788291
>>63788397
>>63788443
>>63788508
Fuck off rockfags, rock is shit and that is a fact
>>63788500
Fuck off montie
>>
>>63788500
fuckin douche
>>
>>63788545

>he doesn't like anime

fuck off normie
>>
File: 1452583990935.png (129 KB, 312x313) Image search: [Google]
1452583990935.png
129 KB, 312x313
>>63787372
>/a/fags pretending to know dick about music
>>
>>63788508
I've been watching anime for 4 years and I have no idea what 'niwaka' means.

Get fucked Neet scum.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.