[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PUNK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: YIHOR7W.jpg (411 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
YIHOR7W.jpg
411 KB, 1024x768
Any punks out here?
>>
I'm not here to talk about punk music tbqh. It's the genre I've invested the most time in but /mu/'s not the place for it, nor do I particularly want it to be.
>>
>>63785859
also that is an absolutely disgusting mural of assorted out-of-date punk memorabilia and tumblr slogans.
>>
>>63785859
Punk is dead, just accept it.
>>
>>63785859
/mu/ doesn't know shit about punk.

>>63785947
this

>>63786032
It isn't you just need to actually go to local shows instead of locking yourself in your room and occasionally going out to go to a big name band show.

Now is it mostly garbage taken over my ex-deathcore kids nowadays? Yes.
>>
>>63786118
I do go to local shows. There is nothing less punk than modern punk-rock shows.
>>
>>63786151
If there are only shows of wanna be tough guys in hoodies doing karate kid in your area I feel bad for you.
>>
>>63785859
I try to get into punk but I only like the Misfits, The Adicts and some of Exploited. Everything else I found just sounds generic to me. Any bands you can recommend?
>>
>>63787043
Wipers, Pere Ubu
>>
what happened to that japanese anon who got a few solid punk threads started a while back? he was a welcome addition to this board
>>
>>63787043
The Ex, Die Kreuzen, Rudimentary Peni, Cross Stitched Eyes, Part 1, Acute, Funeral Parade, Hat Trickers
>>
>>63787073
Liking Wipers so far, thanks.
>>
Hardcore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>punk
>>
I went and saw The Bad Engrish, Lower Class Brats, and Peter & The Test Tube Babies in Chicago last night. Am I punk now?
>>
File: p-punk.jpg (42 KB, 389x545) Image search: [Google]
p-punk.jpg
42 KB, 389x545
>I am a fucking punk.

This thread
>>
I have pop punk

Counts?
>>63787272
Pretty much this senpai
>>
Punk is the most dead and self-nullifying musical idea ever.

It can't sustain itself for so many reasons:

>it's formally conservative and therefore unable to grow much. Interesting offshoots like postpunk get written off as 'artschool' phonies, or just become totally something else that punks hate.

>it's 'attitude' is so self-destructive any 'real' punks turn into white trash or kill themselves or become hypocritical self-parodies.

>reality simply doesn't work the way punk wants it to... a form will always get adopted and exploited... and it will be made a mockery of itself - if its fundamental nature is supposed to one be of pure rebellion - so something like 'yachtrock' wasn't divided against itself as rich dads were making it because it wasn't claiming otherwise... but when punk becomes commercialized into pop/mall-punk it's so antithetical to what it supposed to be that it can't survive the nakedly apparent bullshit of the whole operation. and this doesn't mean that everything should just be Pop, then, but the punk notion of how vitality or purity or realness is achieved is bullshit and based in this kind of Marxist idea that there can ever be a 'revolution' that is final, as if reality becomes perfect at some point.

this is why everyone with any taste thinks punk is a joke now and sees, um, no future in it.
>>
>>63787342
It might not have a future but who cares. It has a rich past, with a lot of good bands and a lot of interesting sounds. It started hardcore and grunge and influenced a lot of metal. It having no future doesn't mean we can't listen to it anymore
>>
>>63787472
>It having no future doesn't mean we can't listen to it anymore

Yeah, totally, I agree. Fwiw, there are a lot of old punk bands I like.
>>
Where do you guys find shows to see decent punk bands?
>>
im punk *punks*
>>
>>63787342
>formally conservative

The fuck does this mean? Are you implying that punk listeners are adverse to change? There's plenty of punk offshoots that demonstrate that punk has in fact changed over the years. In fact, punk has evolved in so many ways that it would probably be impossible to name every single genre that punk has spawned in a single post without hitting the word count. Are you implying that punks are close minded and avoid other genres of music? What kind of punks are you talking about when you say this? Punk is such a broad term, because as I stated, it's branched off in so many directions that it wouldn't even make sense to lump them all together. Who has written off punk as "Artschool phonies?"

>Self-destructive
Again, punk has branced into so many directions to the point you're literally wrong. Straight edge contradicts this. Countless punk bands that don't huff glue and shoot up contradicts this.

>No future
Just a baseless estimation by some idiot that has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>63789806
Who has written off post-punk as "Artschool phonies?"***

fixed
>>
>>63789574
Depends where you live. What city/state do you live in?
>>
>>63785859
going to see The Falcon in Chicago next weekend, enjoyed their new album
>>
>>63789833
people who were real punks in the 80s, you know "real punks".
>>
>>63787299
theres nothing even remotely punk about that, it's just pop rock/emo
>>
>>63789574
you've gotta be in the right city for it
I'm in st. louis for school and there's a pretty dope punk/garage scene here but back home its all shitty pop punk and melodic hardcore
>>
>>63785859
good shit
>>
File: 5038455131ff21ef76cc97fb90a.jpg (322 KB, 713x1000) Image search: [Google]
5038455131ff21ef76cc97fb90a.jpg
322 KB, 713x1000
>>63785859
this niga
>>
>>63786118
Definitely, I'm working on building up my scene. DIY local scenes are the only reason punk is a thing. Don't forget your roots. I also agree that /mu/ doesn't know how good punk can be.
>>
>>63786151
>nothing less punk than modern punk-rock shows
>retard alert
>>
>>63787043
GBH
>>
>>63785859
>hXc is the only genre that really matters
>punk rock is dead
>grow up and fight invisible ninjas in the pit
>DIY or die
>>
In B4 The Suicide Commandos Make a Record
>>
mu thinks The Clash is a good punk band

>>63786151
>Sex Pistols interest me
>>
punk is about the local music scene to me
and we have none
>>
>>63794666
lol modern day punks are middle class suburban white kids who like to get offended at shit and probably don't even shoot heroin. Where's GG when u need him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD81UcsT1aA
>>
>>63794750
gg blew ass. he was just another shock value gimmick of the 90s except unlike the others he actually was a retarded scumbag. his music was bad.
>>
>>63794808
He was basically punk 24/7 everyone else were the gimmicks
>>
>>63794808
>he actually was a retarded scumbag
>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>people think ice age is punk
>those who think they're not are all basement dwelling faggots who never shut up about "muh sjw"
I hate this world
>>
>>63794363
Хyй!
>>
>>63787043
all punk is generic if you can enjoy it that way then you dont like it, Pere Ubu and stuff is more related to experimental rock than punk
>>
>>63795290
Iceage's first two records are punk retard.
>>
Why is there lyrics to Fall Out Boy's Dance, Dance?

I like FOB but that's pop punk
>>
big punk scene out here where I live. I go to shows a lot, but I usually never love the bands. They're usually relatively easy to get in for free/sneak in so it's fun, but all the punks fucking suck to talk to. Bunch of people who look around the room to see what's cool and don't talk to me unless I'm wearing my flipper shirt
>>
>>63795902
nobody talks to you because you sneak in and fuck over touring acts you stupid asshole
>>
>tfw don't know anyone to go to Punk gigs with
>>
Post your top 5 Punk songs
>>
>>63790408
Holy shit what day and where at? I'm in Chicago and i wanna see but I might work that night
>>
>>63796836
get your dumb tryhard friends to come by promising them a trve underground cultural happening
that's why
>>
>>63796836
go alone and make friends in the scene m8

I didn't get into noise and hardcore circles by going to shows squaded tf up
>>
File: download (1).jpg (12 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12 KB, 222x227
>>
File: 1355505979580.jpg (634 KB, 1040x1074) Image search: [Google]
1355505979580.jpg
634 KB, 1040x1074
>>63800398
>>
File: Crustpantschanscrustbritchart.png (1 MB, 1928x1390) Image search: [Google]
Crustpantschanscrustbritchart.png
1 MB, 1928x1390
>>63800408
>>
>>63796836
go by yourself and meet people dummy
a lot of my good friends are people I met at punk shows

>moved to Rotterdam for a year of study
>after a few months found the small local scene
>word got around that I was looking for a band
>band formed about a month later
feels good man
>>
File: crustpantschanscandanchart.png (3 MB, 2204x1425) Image search: [Google]
crustpantschanscandanchart.png
3 MB, 2204x1425
>>63800433
>>
>>63800437
everytime i look for band mates that "like punk" they say "yeah, i like alot of green day, mostly older stuff, open to anyting that rocks tho"
WHY GOD
>>
Bad Religion
Cro-Mags
Descendents
The Exploited
GBH
Total Chaos
88 Fingers Louie

seen these in the past maybe 3 years
>>
>>63785859
>killers
>punk
>>
>>63787043

Nomeansno
>>
I'm of the post variety.
>>
can anyone rec something that sounds like extinction of mankind?

>>63800408
needs some siege
>>
>>63794666
That is the literal opposite of what I said you cretin
>>
>>63785920
This, it's a bit painful to even read punk threads
>>
Nothings more lame than "punk", except maybe the culture that surrounds it these days
>>
any good recs for new synth-punk bands?
>>
>>63800840
instinct of survival
antisect
deviated instinct
hellbastard
icons of filth
dirt
>>
>>63795571
>iceage
>punk
pick one. same goes with fidlar
>>
File: 51Zbpu46eiL.jpg (46 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
51Zbpu46eiL.jpg
46 KB, 500x448
Is this the best punk album of the past 15 years?

If not, what is?
>>
>>63800456
you have to go to venues that have shows with bands you like and talk to people there as opposed to posting ads around high schools
>>
>>63801711
the shows in my area are all ska, oogles, or generic street ponks. i listen to crust. and i hate talking to people.
>>
>>63801786
i mean even at ska-shows or generic punker shows you can probably find a handful of people with overlapping taste! and yeah i mean, i imagine if you polled the audience at a punk show most of them would say they also hate talking to people. which is exactly why you should go and talk to them! maybe convince a more social friend to come with you!
>>
>>63801862
sounds like an awful lie,
last time i try to talk d beat, this faggot said the bad brians started d beat
>>
>>63797696
sorry im late, friday at the Double Door 8pm!
>>
>>63801427
thanks for making me realize i have next to no punk after 2000 :(
>>
>>63801912
well
1. lol
2. desu you gotta be patient with people. educate em a little without being too patronizing and introduce them to stuff until you get em to "come around" (green day joke right there ;) for all you punkz :) lms). that's more of a long-term thing though with someone you like for other reasons i guess. i'd say keep at it, there's bound to be someone, good luck dude!
>>
>>63802004
I think this is a pretty common thing to be honest.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.