[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they ever make Merriweather Post Pavilion again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: friendship.jpg (15 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
friendship.jpg
15 KB, 300x199
Will they ever make Merriweather Post Pavilion again?
>>
>>63784439
Why would anyone remake an album?
>>
>>63784470
It's their best album...
>>
I want them to ditch their hyper active pop style completely

ODDSAC, New Psycho Actives and Transverse Temporal Gyrus (at least the first part) are their best releases from the 2010s and also their most 'out there'.
>>
File: CNNBreakingNews.jpg (46 KB, 476x468) Image search: [Google]
CNNBreakingNews.jpg
46 KB, 476x468
>>63784612

THERE HE GOES AGAIN
>>
>>63784612
new psycho actives is their best recent stuff. Oddsac is already 6 years old.
>>
how tall are they?
>>
MPP, despite being one of their best albums, was also their death knell. It killed the potential of acoustic instruments as well as the ambient textures that appeared on Sung Tongs, Here Comes the Indian, and Feels. They will never write another textured or downbeat song like Daffy Duck, Loch Raven or The Softest Voice ever again. Their releases since then have been and will continue to be just bad psych pop with annoying noises.
>>
>>63785479
When I heard MPP, I was like "oh, no..."

I knew they were taking a poppy, synthetic turn once I heard it. It's not a bad record, but it was the nail in the coffin for the group. Everything else released since MPP has been very sub-par(with the exception of ODDSAC)
>>
>>63785573
dunno , the only thing that had a poopy synthetic turn was painting with.
>>
>>63784439

More like will they ever make Feels again?

AnCo should use more live instruments
>>
Never seen a band that divides fans this much

>fans of current pop sound
>fans of the freak folk era
>fans of the most experimental and noisy releases
>all fighting each other

Not even Swans fans are like this.
>>
>>63785907
how bout fans of all of it.
>>
>>63786019

They don't give a shit
>>
File: tumblr_m717ckuffg1qi3i5y.png (228 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m717ckuffg1qi3i5y.png
228 KB, 306x306
>>63786046
>>
>>63786081
I LIKE DAT
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.