[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what does /mu/ thinks about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: e95ebca3.jpg (113 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
e95ebca3.jpg
113 KB, 680x680
is it a good comeback? does this mean they finally became a mature band? better than green?
>>
yes to all of those things but still doesn't have a shred on their first two albums
>>
there will never top green
>>
Weezer have always been trash bro-pop and this is no different
>>
>>63781115
This is absolutely better than green. Green had the same layout for every single song. Too many throw away songs on there too. Still a fairly good album though.
>>
I like it, it's solid power pop. Thought their last album was much better but it's miles ahead of trash like Raditude.

Also, I'm on my way to see them now. They've been one of my favourite bands for a decade now and this is my first time seeing them live.
>>
>>63781115

blue > pinkerton > EWBAITE > White > Maladroit > Red > Green > Make Believe > Hurley > Ratitude
>>
Green=Pinkerton>Blue=DTFM>White>Red>Raditude>EWBAITE=White>Hurley=Make Believe>maladroit
>>
>>63781789
>Green=Pinkerton
>Green>Blue
uhhh.... Explain?
>>
>>63781763
Blue = Pinkerton > White > EWBAITE > Red > Maladroit > Green > Hurley > Make Believe > Raditude
>>
>>63781899
my opinion too and therefore objective opinion obviously OBVIOUSLY
>>
>>63781899
>>63781948
almost my opinion, except i would put red a little lower i cant really into it
>>
It's really annoying to see people label this as a return to form as if EWBAITE never happened.

It's a solid album that never plunges to the depths of Back to the Shack or Lonely Girl, but never reaches the heights of Cleopatra, The British Are Coming or Foolish Father either
>>
Blue > Pinkerton > Maladroit > Green > EWBAITE > Hurley > White > Red > Raditude > Make Believe
>>
>>63781175
how the fuck is pre green bro-pop? did you even listen to pinkerton? u gay bro
>>
ITT: people not appreciating Raditude
>>
>>63782023
I've Had It Up to Here and Go Away suck dick too. I wish there weren't so many bad songs on EWBA. I can't call it a return to form because of the shitty songs and the fact that two of the shitty songs are literally songs about how they are returning to form. I'm so happy Rivers doesn't mention them being back on track anywhere on this album.
>>
>>63781978
To be fair, troublemaker almost killed th album for me so I can see where you're coming from
>>
>>63782339
>I've Had It Up to Here
>he doesn't like The Darkness

I can't support you there anon. Go Away is pretty lame tho
>>
>>63781115
they stopped catering to their pop-punk fanbase of green-hurley and are capitalising on the critical reappraisal of pinkerton by making similar music that's not particularly relevant in today's world yet nonetheless is much, much better than whatever they were doing last decade.
White's better than ewbaite but it's still nowhere near the level of blue/pink
>>
>>63782023
Everything Will Be Alright would be higher than white for me if not for 'Back to the Shack', 'Go Away' and 'Da Vinci'. 'Cleopatra', The British are Coming' and the Futurscope trilogy are some of the best, if not the best weezer songs that aren't from the first 2 albums though.
>>
>>63781115
>is it a good comeback? does this mean they finally became a mature band?
These are oxymoron. Weezer's classic albums are predicated on a quintessentially angsty teenager immaturity.
>>
>>63782462
and also the album cover is amazing too
>>
>>63782403
It's more what he's saying than the music with I've Had It up to Here. I'd also put Ain't Got Nobody there with I've had It up to Here and Back to the Shack for feeling egregiously disingenuous since he has a family now, but I like that song. Lyrics about being lonely also aren't nearly as annoying as lyrics about how they're having a return to form for like the third album in a row.
>>
>>63782454
Did they ever have a pop-punk fanbase? I, unfortunately, know a fair share of manchildren and uh... womanchildren who still listen almost exclusively to early 00s pop punk, post grunge and nu metal. None of them ever play or mention Weezer
>>
>>63781115
>is it a good comeback?
No, EWBAITE was better even with its flaws
>does this mean they finally became a mature band?
LOL
>better than green?
Nope, Green is the superior "playing it safe" album
>>
>>63782717
Green is so mediocre. Like, when I think of a mediocre album, that's what I think of. Literally every song has no personality, exact same structure, no quirks at all, sounds like it was generated by a computer program. Even Island in the Sun. It's harmless background music, but as an artistic statement there's just fucking nothing.

White is definitely better
>>
>>63782806
As much as I like it the same could be said of Blue.
>>
>>63782897
>no personality

Only in Dreams?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.