[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Implying Sometimes isn't the best song off this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: loveless-500c244e3ccd8.jpg (667 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
loveless-500c244e3ccd8.jpg
667 KB, 1000x1000
>Implying Sometimes isn't the best song off this album
>Implying you can prove me wrong
>>
to here knows when

now delete this thread
>>
When you Sleep is one of the greatest songs of all time.
>>
>>63780847
seconding this
my favourite pop song of all time tbqh
>>
>>63780847
seconding this
>>
I agree with OP
>>
>>63780847
I would argue that Sometimes, because of its contrast to the album, is the greatest song off the album. But in individuality, WYS is better.
>>
>>63780838
>>63780847
Only correct opinions.
>>
>>63780822
Am I the only one that finds Loomer and Sometimes as the 2 weakest tracks, not including Touched? Don't get me wrong I still really enjoy both songs but just find the rest else is above them.
>>
>>63780847
this is also my favorite song on there
>>
To Here Knows When and Blown a Wish are I think my two favorites.
>>
When you Sleep was validated as a great song through-and-through for me when I heard the Shonen Knife cover.
>>
What You Want is becoming my new favourite.
>>
File: 1454275466364.jpg (719 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1454275466364.jpg
719 KB, 1000x800
>>63780847
Didn't expect to see such good taste when I opened this thread.
>>
>>63780838
>>63780847
Sometimes is fantastic but these are better songs tbqhwymf
>>
Sometimes is the most accessible track on the album by miles. It strips away a lot of the noise and coasts on a sweet melody so easy on the ears that it makes even When You Sleep's sticky pop melodies sound challenging in comparison. It's not bad but it's a lot less interesting than what the rest of the album's doing. It's basically a fuzzed out Victorialand outtake on an album that regularly synergizes noise and melody on a borderline paradoxical level. Sometimes is a good song that just sounds kind of mundane relative to the rest of the album, not to mention it kills the album's flow a little for where it is on the tracklist. It should've followed THKW or When You Sleep as the back half has a pretty energetic pace aside from Sometimes. It might serve to act as a breather track but it screws up I Only Said and Come In Alone's momentum to me. It'd sit nicely next to Loomer or THKW, though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.