[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best David Bowie do you recommend the most?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: david bowtie.jpg (164 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
david bowtie.jpg
164 KB, 1366x768
i'm new to david bowie, what do you recommend to my listening pleasure?
>>
Young Americans
Hunky Dory
Outside
Scary Monsters
Station to Station

5 best albums of Bowie.
>>
"David Bowie", the debut album.
>>
>>63778181
This reads like Cal Chuchesta
>>
With the first album like you would with any other artist
>>
File: Bowieguide.jpg (1 MB, 1362x2812) Image search: [Google]
Bowieguide.jpg
1 MB, 1362x2812
>>63778181
Start with Space Oddity and then go album to album throughout his discography until you hit Scary Monsters and Super Creeps. The rest of his 80s stuff is shit but his 90s output is alright (Outside is a fantastic record though). Bowie's 00s albums are great especially Heathen. His last two albums are even better than the 00s material. Blackstar is an amazing conclusion for such a legend.
(Picture Posted Might Help)
>>
Start on hunky dory and listen to discog in order through scary monsters (skip pin ups)
>>
File: David Bowie.jpg (488 KB, 2656x2187) Image search: [Google]
David Bowie.jpg
488 KB, 2656x2187
>>63778181
I started with The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, and then moved on to Diamond Dogs and Aladdin Sane because I really enjoyed the glam stuff. After I started to enjoy his stuff due to his quality of musicianship and not just the sound he produced I moved onto stuff more outside my comfort zone I guess with things like Hunky Dory and his debut. From there I went on to the Berlin trilogy, and I now rank Low as my number one favourite album.
Check out this flowchart.

>>63778730
this is a really fantastic list
needs to be updated to include Blackstar, but that wouldn't require a lot of effort as Blackstar is just I'm Gonna Die: The Album
looking over this list it's pretty phenomenal Bowie released so many albums and only two of them aren't really worth listening to (even then, there are still some good tracks on them)
>>
>>63778181
If you want to get a good idea of his chameleonic style, listen to his entire output from 1970 to 1980 (except maybe Pin-Ups), but if you want his artistic peak listen to Low and Heroes.
>>
>>63779083
>less cocaine, please
>Station to Station
You fool!
>>
>>63778181
Listen to the Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust album then go from there. It's really good.
And when you're really in to it, try Blackstar too.
>>
File: flowchart david bowie.png (571 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
flowchart david bowie.png
571 KB, 1280x1024
>>63779083
oof that flow chart is awful

posting the better one
>>
HEROES
E
R
O
E
S
>>
>>63780949
Lol @ Scary Monsters being harder than TMWSTW
>>
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Hunky Dory

The Man Who Sold the World

Scary Monsters and Super Creeps

Low
>>
File: dangit.png (146 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
dangit.png
146 KB, 480x352
>>63779083
>station to station
>less cocaine
>>
L O W
O O
W O L
>>
>>63779083
>Scary Monsters is the same as Station to Station
Wut.

>no Outside
More wut.

>Station to Station is Aladdin Sane with less cocaine
Heh.
>>
>>63778730
Man, whoever made this needs to take a writing class.
>>
>>63778730
Do this OP - pretty much what I did a year or two ago. It's a fun ride
>>
>>63781402
but it is
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.