[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Grips is just Atari Teenage Riot with a tattooed black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Death Grips is just Atari Teenage Riot with a tattooed black guy.

Especially Jenny Death.

It sounds a LOT like an Atari Teenage Riot pastiche.
>>
>>63777720
k
>>
>>63777720
K
>>
>>63777720
Ok
>>
>>63777720
ATR has a tattooed black guy too, you doof.
>>
>>63778657
yes but it's not their gimmick
>>
Omg you are totally right. Atari teenage riot is basically the same fu king band except there's a black guy with tattoos on it! Wow. I never have to listen to death grips again because Atari teenage riot sounds just like them. Thank you.
>>
>>63778677
it's neither of their gimmick you dingus
>>
>>63778677
Tattoos are DG's gimmick?
>>
Death Grips was good on Exmilitary, The Money Store, and No Love Deep Web, but everything since has been overdone rehashing of a tired concept.

I think when DG discovered that 95% of their fanbase was brainless retards from 4chan, they decided to just become a parody of themselves and make "le black man yells over loud beats" music, rather than genuine artful experimental hip hop.
>>
>>63778750
yes
>>63778720
no prob breh
>>
>>63778789
>yes
no
>>
>>63778787
>genuine artful experimental hip hop
I don't think they want to do that at all. It's funny how people insist how "hip hop" death grips is. The dude is black. Yea. He raps. Yea. But the music is so much more than traditional hip hop and you can tell that's what they want. OP has one thing right. And that's the simalirties they have in sound to Atari teenage riot. Death grips are closer to an electronic punk band of sorts than a hip hop group. And you know what? Stefan is still black. I really feel like that's what it is guys. You are all just questioning his blackness.
>>
>>63778916
death grips has been as much of a punk band as it has hip hop, especially with newer material. the problem is punks are mostly retards that refuse to accept that punk can shift and change in sound and doesnt have to sound like the descendents. they're a cross between both but people need rigidity so they want them to be something else other than what they are. its too bad really that a lot of the punk scene rejected death grips when they could have been the genres savior, ushering in a new wave of bands that are actually pushing shit in a new direction, other than still trying prop up whatever garbage punk album thats been made a million times before that has recently come out
>>
>>63778787
everyone on 4chan way overestimates how much of their fan base is here. they're covered on just about every music publication website, all you gotta do is type in music website and you'll probably see their name in 10 minutes. they've played all over the country in all types of venues, people know about them.
>>
>>63778787
literally the opposite is true friendo
their newer stuff is far superior to their older stuff, especially exmilitary
>>
So....

Death Grips sounds like Atari Teenage Riot.
Death Grips is Experimental Hip Hop and Electronic Punk

Whats Atari Teenage Riot classified?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.