[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you look up meanings for songs and lyrics or do you like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1385194083110.jpg (10 KB, 256x288) Image search: [Google]
1385194083110.jpg
10 KB, 256x288
Do you look up meanings for songs and lyrics or do you like to come up with your own?
>>
>>63774410
Depends on how you mean. I sometimes read Wikipedia entries for songs I like, where it sometimes explains what the artist meant with the song. I's never Google "Song X meaning" though, to have some Yahoo retard explain what they thought the artist meant. I find that songs come to mean different things to me regardless of their actual history, and instead depend on my personal memories and experiences.
>>
>listening to music with lyrics
sure is pleb in here
>>
>>63774410
I automatically picture a story in my head based on how I'm interpreting the lyrics.
>>
Sometimes I Google the actual lyrics if I have a hard time discerning what is being said but no I'm happy letting music mean what it means to me
>>
yes sometimes
>>
>>63774410
>Do you look up meanings for songs

Sometimes I read others' interpretations of the lyrics. But I like to find meaning in them myself. Also, to me it is more important what the song means to me than whatever the artist intended it to mean.
>>
I try and figure out my own but if i'm stumped or am interested in what the artist actually meant by the words I will look it up.
>>
What do you guys think of genius.com then?
>>
File: 026-Flourish-Perish-large-RGB.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
026-Flourish-Perish-large-RGB.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>63774410
Both, I want to know what the singer means, and the thoughts and feelings behind it. Makes the track that more meaningful

This album, for example, is pretty damn sad, and its further backed up by various interviews given by them
>>
>>63776705
Not accurate.
>>
>>63774410
I wish more people would appreciate black cats. They're so cutee.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.