[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, what does /mu/ think of BABYMETAL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: BABYMETAL.jpg (722 KB, 806x799) Image search: [Google]
BABYMETAL.jpg
722 KB, 806x799
>>
gimmick
>>
New album kills, so much more than a gimmick anon
>>
Love them. Both albums are amazing.
>>
>>63773843
which is literally the gimmick
>>
>>63773838
If it were grown up men, people would realize it's mediocre and generic metal, but muh kawaii uguu.
>>
>>63773971
>people would realize it's mediocre and generic metal
But it's not.

It's J-pop with a metal aesthetic on top of it. Completely different.
>>
>>63773838

Goofy weird Japanese shit.

It's pop music with a metal tinge to target fat gross metalheads who watch anime.
>>
I saw them live last night at Wembley.

All the doubters can do one as far as I'm concerned, that show KILLED.

I've seen many a band live, but "The One" had such an electric atmosphere live, it was like nothing I've ever seen before.

But yeah, disregarding the gig and just focusing on the records, Metal Resistance is much improved on from their debut and I think they deserve some major props for releasing what is arguably one of the best and most creative albums this year
>>
>>63773838
They're only liked because they're little girls playing metal.
Not because they're actually good (they're decent, but nothing to explode, although it is impressive that they can pull that off.

Magnet for weaboos.
>>
>>63773838

Not THAT shit but still boring
>>
I can't tell if half the people in this thread have even listened to them because if the only reason they were liked is because they are tiny gook girls then they wouldn't have become popular outside of nip land, just like the rest of the generic trash. They make some of my favorite music, and I like their new album even more than the first.
I guess it would be hard to listen to them if you were super self-conscious and awkward tho :^)
>>
File: 19.png (10 KB, 135x183) Image search: [Google]
19.png
10 KB, 135x183
>>63773838
it's fun
i enjoy it
what more could you want
>>
File: tumblr_n17assBALv1tnos68o1_400.gif (1 MB, 371x202) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n17assBALv1tnos68o1_400.gif
1 MB, 371x202
>>
>>63773838
I really like metal and i'm borderline weeaboo, but it doesn't really do it for me.
It's low-mediocre metal, and there's too much of a japanese/kawaii influence in it (which shouldn't be bad, look at UtsuP, but it doesn't work out for babymetal). I didn't listen to their latest album so they may have improved.
I'm leaning towards calling it a gimmick too.
Or if i accept it as J-pop with a metal tone added in i guess it's comparatively good, but i'm sure i don't want any of it then.
>>
>>63773838
Exercise in marketing.
>>
>>63773838
thought babymetal is a complete joke. The played at a festival where I was. We went to the show for the lolz.
>was actually not shitty
>one of the best shows on that festival
If you have a chance to see them, do it.
>>
>>63773971
It's kawaii Amon Amarth
>>
I only listen to babymetal with friends when we're drunk.
I dig Megitsune though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA

People really like this?
>>
>>63775680
I really liked this one reminded me of Ootsuki Kenji to Zetsubou no Shoujotachi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7TN8PrPoHE
>>
>>63773838
They're a gimmick for sure, and their first album was better. If you want good "kawaii metal," check out DOLL$BOXX.
>>
>>63773838
They're great 2bh. One of very few genuine music experiments today
>>
>>63773986
Its a bland metal band with shitty kawai uguu solists
Its shit, get over it weeaboo
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.