[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: nas-illmatic-billboard-510.jpg (310 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
nas-illmatic-billboard-510.jpg
310 KB, 510x510
Is this a good album?
>>
>>63764299
yea. it's a quite hardcore hip-hop album though, so you've gotta enjoy it raw
>>
>>63764299
Why don't you listen to it
>>
>>63764323
yea baby, I like it raw
>>
>>63764327
I have. But I don't know what to think and need /mu/'s opinion
>>
>>63764299
keep listening, you'll realise its a 10/10
>>
File: nas-illmatic-xx-608x608.jpg (125 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
nas-illmatic-xx-608x608.jpg
125 KB, 800x800
>>63764340

This is an absolute classic for every hip-hop fan, period.

Could be interesting to have a listening to the remastered version "XX" as well.
>>
>>63764299
It's overrated mango
>>
If you liked 36 chambers, definitely
>>
>>63764591
Listen to it more
>>
I hated at first. But these guys are correct
>>63764358
>>63764677

Definitely a grower.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
this is 2x better
>>
>>63764749
A lot of filler. I would argue Illmatic works tighter as a album, and RoD, while it has a lot of great moments, is too inconsistent
>>
>>63764798
examples of the fillers and many of the great moments on ready to die are GREAAAT moments. but to be honest i was over exaggerated they are both classics and illmatic even though is very over used for "favorite hip hop albums" it is top 3 all times
>>
i find this album really boring, i appreciate the lyrics and flow and technical shit, but 90s boombap production does nothing for me

i like soul based prod anyway, like blu and exile or kanye or some shit
>>
>>63764299
about 4/10 on first listen
>>
>>63765181
well 90's boombap is not for everyone just like any other type of hiphop but you can't deny it isn't a classic.
>>
>>63765221
you need a q-tip before you listen to music... you should know that already you manchild
>>
>>63765228
depends on how you define classic

personal classic, no. classic production wise, subjectively no and there isnt really a way to rank it otherwise.widely influential, sure.
>>
>>63765265
yea! i ment "widely influential" its a game changer. but you are absolutely right... to many this is a classic and to others it isn't. But if you ask any heavy hip-hop head and you tell them what are the top 10 hip hop albums to them I'm pretty sure more then 70% will say as one of there choices illmatic.
>>
>>63765228
what hiphop albums you enjoy? do you have a top 3 atm
>>
Life's A Bitch and then The World Is Yours are the best songs
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.