[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This feels like the Green album with a little mix of Maladroit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: weh.jpg (29 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
weh.jpg
29 KB, 384x384
This feels like the Green album with a little mix of Maladroit
7/10 for me

What are your thoughts?
>>
bbump
>>
>>63762453
7/10 pretty good
>>
>>63762453

I'll start this off with the question that I've been asking all day: if this album was made by a band other than weezer, would you still give it that rating?
>>
>>63763080
I have no idea but if you ask me that about any other album I would say the same thing
>>
its comfy radio rock. something i miss. so 7.5 for me
>>
>>63763080
if this album was made by a band other than weezer I wouldn't listen to it because I only like listening to weezer
>>
>>63762453
sounds like every other shitty weezer album

-3/10
>>
>>63762772
If anything some of the songs feel like they're going for a Blue Album vibe, and DYWGH is obviously trying to sound Pinkerton-esque but IMO there's Pinkerton B-sides that are way better than it.

But then songs like Wind In Our Sail, Thank God for Girls, Girl We Got A Good Thing or Jacked Up don't sound very comparable to any other albums. They're just good Poppy Weezer tunes.

I'm thinking a 7/10
>>
>>63763080
I hadn't listened to Weezer before a few months ago, and even then it was only Blue and Pinkerton. Even with no experience with their apparently shitty albums I'd give White a 7.5/10 or so.
>>
>>63763080
Yes because it's still an enjoyable, well-made album.
>>
>>63763536
Interesting. I feel like this actually would have made a good come back album after Pinkerton as opposed to Green.

It's more eclectic and interesting than Green while still maintaining the much more positive/sunny vibe that Green gives off.
>>
>>63762453
8/10 imo
It was strangely cathartic listening to Rivers write interesting songs again.
>>
>>63763080
>if this album was made by a band other than weezer, would you still give it that rating?
Why do people think this question holds any relevance? Obviously bands that have been around for 20+ years can be judged differently than brand new bands.

If some new band released this it would be annoying because they would be aping Weezer's sound. But since it IS Weezer it's like "Oh cool Weezer are still doing their thing!"
>>
>>63763586
>listening to Rivers write interesting songs again.
Interesting in what way?
>>
>best
Do You Wanna Get High?

>runner up
Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori

>worst
Thank God for Girls

>underrated
(Girl We Got A) Good Thing

>overrated
King of the World
>>
>>63763617

how are pianos, drum machines and falsettos Weezer's "thing," exactly?
>>
>>63763080
if it wasn't a weezer album, it would probably be getting higher ratings t b h
>>
>>63762453
Is the rest of the album as good as the singles?
>>
>>63763803
>how are pianos, drum machines and falsettos Weezer's "thing," exactly?
Pianos and falsettos have been used all throughout their career, even on the first two albums.

They've also used drum machines before this album, although I hardly recall hearing them on here.
>>
>>63763803
>>63766327
There are no drum machines on this album.
>>
File: 1459556112458.jpg (78 KB, 762x622) Image search: [Google]
1459556112458.jpg
78 KB, 762x622
>YOUUU SCAAAARE ME LIIIKE AN OPEN WINDOW
jesus christ
>>
>>63766361

there's definitely drum sampling on "jacked up."
>>
>>63763746
>best
Jacked Up

>runner-up
DYWGH?

>worst
(Girl We Got A) Good Thing

>underrated
Summer Elaine

>Overrated
L.A. Girlz
>>
>>63763080
I'll ask the only response necessary: if this wasn't a Weezer album, would you so aggressively deny people's opinions on it?
>>
>>63766509
How do you get to that conclusion? It sounds perfectly natural.
>>
>>63763080
I probably wouldn't give a shit about weezer if i didnt love blue and pinkerton so much in highschool. I think nostalgia and bias are a big factor in why i like this album as much as i do
>>
>>63766619

that's fair desu. it's the same nostalgia that makes me passionate about its predecessor.
>>
>>63763803
Doing their thing as in writing guitar heavy Power Pop/Alternative Rock songs that are kinda geeky and light hearted but sometimes deal with love and loneliness and shit like that. It's all here.

And like >>63766327 said, they've done all of those things in the past. There wasn't piano on Pinkerton? There weren't falsettos on Blue? Fucking dumbass.
>>
The fact that even their fans do nothing but compare new albums to other ones just proves how lazy they are.
Really embarrassing
>>
>>63766713
>The fact that even their fans do nothing but compare new albums to other ones just proves how lazy they are.
Fans of every band do this.
>>
>>63766591

If this wasn't a Weezer album, we wouldn't be talking about it on this board in the first place tbqh
>>
>>63766744
wrong.. just weezer dick suckers
>>
>>63766744
Yeah but it's like EVERY thread. EVERY discussion. And they're always talking about going to their roots
Shameful
>>
>>63766829
>EVERY thread. EVERY discussion
You go in that many Weezer threads huh? Talk about shameful
>>
>>63766829
>>63766744
>>63766713

The fact that many Weezer fans have yet to accept their blind, nostalgia-based devotion to this band—which wills them into mistaking a 4/10 album for a 7/10—is more embarrassing, tho

Within six months, this board's opinion will have lessened. And after the new Radiohead comes out, it'll be barely mentioned at all.
>>
>>63767051
i accept it. I dont really care though.
>>
>>63767051
Not them but
>immediately discrediting my positive opinion of this album and instead pinning it as nostalgia
Nigger, no. This is a great power pop record
>>
>>63767135

Not them but
>implying that this is a great power pop record when we already got the 1975 album
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.