[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nirvana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 1427x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 1427x800
Come on /mu/, what's your real stance on Nirvana?

Me? I think they were pretty good.
>>
>>63761231
Imo they kinda sucked.
>>
>>63761231
>There are Youtube and Facebook commenters born in like 84-89 who say they grew up in the "the golden age of MTV, the golden age of Hip Hop music", or say Come As You Are is "an anthem for all 90s kids"

No you fucking didn't, don't pretend you were crying when Kurt Cobain and Tupac died. Your favorite music at age 6 wasn't Nirvana - it was the Cast of Sesame Street.
>>
I love Nirvana. I might have a bias though because I live in Washington and some of theor songs were the first I learned to play on guitar. But I will always love their music. Pretty raw stuff.
>>
>>63761231
it's basically universally recognized on /mu/ that overrated as they are that they're pretty fucking good
>>
>>63761231
Bleach - 7/10
Nevermind - 8/10
Incesticide - 9/10
In Utero - 7/10
>>
>>63761231
their blandest songs are overrated as shit and their best ones are severly underrated

their acoustic live is 10/10 btw
>>
Their MTV Unplugged in New York album is one of the best live albums (along with The Who Live at Leeds) in my opinion. Their other stuff is okay.
>>
Whether or not you like them, they were one of the driving forces that made more alternative music popular in the 1990s.
>>
I personally hate grunge with a passion. Mopey, whiney woe is me bullshit. I'd take Motley Crue or any hair band any day over that shit.

With that being said they had a few good songs and Dave Grohl is (in my opinion) a musical genius and fighting the good fight for real music, even though he and I don't see eye to eye on grunge.
>>
By a distance the fourth best of the Big Four of grunge
>>
>>63761231
I don't like how they sound at all.

I at least respect them, but I've always hated how they sound. That's really most 90s alt rock in general
>>
does anyone have that funny costanza "bleach" picture
>>
>>63761546
The Foo Fighters are fucking garbage. Absolute shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.