[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scaruffi was right about this one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: UltraviolenceLDR.png (113 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
UltraviolenceLDR.png
113 KB, 300x300
Scaruffi was right about this one.
>>
>>63760810
What did he say?
>>
>>63761123
are you real?
>>
>>63761137
Nope senpai, left it there from yesterday
>>
>>63760810
what did he say? who is Scaruffi?
>>
>>63760810

Honeymoon is way better
>>
File: yBHqmIz.png (366 KB, 1468x483) Image search: [Google]
yBHqmIz.png
366 KB, 1468x483
>Ultraviolence (Interscope, 2014), produced by the Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, jettisoned the hip-hop beats and, by that single move, achieved a much deeper sense of sincerity. Cruel World is the ultimate cry of loneliness, with psychedelic overtones and reminiscent of Jim Steinman's teen melodramas (the melody spirals up in a manner similar to Bonnie Tyler's hit Total Eclipse Of The Heart). West Coast is a blues lament derailed by details such as a soprano surge and a vintage guitar twang, which appropriately segues into the slow-burning, martial, plantation chant Sad Girl, perhaps the peak of pathos. Shades Of Cool weaves its tenderness around a desperate melismatic yodel, a waltzing tempo and a stoic guitar solo (and well disguised is the influence of Janis Joplin on this structure). It gets even sadder than that, in the funereal Pretty When You Cry, whose grandiose finale borrows from Kate Bush and Pink Floyd. The rest is filler. As a five-song EP, this would have been a masterpiece.
>>
Scaruffi is a fuckinng embarrasment
>>
>>63761610
>not mentioning Brooklyn Baby

fucking pleb
>>
>>63761485
But that's wrong.
>>
>>63762264

prove it

Ultraviolence is literally Cruel World and title track + nearly a dozen filler tracks.

Honeymoon is great the whole way through.
>>
>>63762440
I thought West Coast and Florida Kilos were pretty good too. All things considered I do consider Born to Die to be her best record.
>>
>>63761610
>As a five-song EP, this would have been a masterpiece.
classic scaruffi
>>
>>63762440
Are you kidding?

The only songs I can remember are Music to Watch Boys to and High by the Beach.

Honeymoon is just Power Ballad after Power Ballad

>>63762532
Kilos was a bonus track it doesn't count.
>>
>>63762532

Born To Die had like ONE good song, the Millionaire Man one. that's it
>>
Lana Del Ray looks like Bruce Jenner.
this has been another top quality post from Formerly™
A+
>>
File: 1459531737899.jpg (28 KB, 408x324) Image search: [Google]
1459531737899.jpg
28 KB, 408x324
>>63762592
Million Dollar Man is literally THE worst track on Born to Die
>>
>>63762592
I love the production throughout much more than the rest of her discography though.
Also this >>63762614
>>
>>63762614
Except for the fact that it can't be because Off to the Races is one of the worst songs in existence.
>>
>>63762638
But that's one of my favourites.
>>
>>63762638
Are you stupid Off to the Races is one of the best Trip hop songs in years.
>>
>>63762599
You mean cute? I agree.
>>
>>63762671
>>63762679
It's one of the most vapid and annoying pop songs I've ever heard. The rest of Born to Die isn't much better.
>>
>>63762735
>vapid
I feel like your problem is with Lana as a whole and not her music.
>>
>>63762735
I really think that we enjoy different styles of music, so why not leave it at that. It's not like this is a discussion going anywhere.
>>
>>63762765
Definitely not. I don't have a problem with her or Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. Born to Die is just downright horrible desu senpai.
>>
>>63762879
It's okay, it's just poppier than UV or HM. I think the Paradise EP is better than Born to die personally
>>
Ultraviolence is her best record, you all know it. Florida Kilos, Pretty When You Cry, Shades Of Cool, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby and Black Beauty are amazing tracks, and everything else is good too, I don't feel like there was filler, but yeah maybe as an EP it would've been more impressive. Oh well either way I love it :^)
>>
File: scaruffi.png (16 KB, 321x168) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.png
16 KB, 321x168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpzWRxCMGOs
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 469x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 469x313
This should be a Lana Del Rey appreciation thread
>>
Wait a minute ...

Do you guys actually listen to Lana Del Rey?
>>
>>63763351
Without you is still her best song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FG3uWvFjJs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj4Ays1Cmew
WHO in our generation really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
certainly not grimeths
definitely not saint dorito head vincent
absolutely not helen marnie
protip: no one
>>
>>63763529
Nah, it's good but not her best. Her best to me will always be Florida Kilos, but I love Burning Desire, Kill Kill and I Can Fly, too
>>
>>63763644
Kill Kill doesn't sound right to me. Same with her songs like Lolita, something about them is just off musically.

But honestly how could you forget God and Monsters.
>>
>>63763768

>she has a song called Lolita

so THAT'S why Scaruffi likes her
>>
>>63763787
It's one of her worst songs
>>
>>63763768
Lol really? I love Kill Kill, the instrumental creates this warm, perfect beach setting for me and her voice suits it so well, it feels like lying in the sand at the beach and falling asleep under the sun. I think Lolita is also a good track of hers, it kept Born To Die more upbeat and interesting. Idk about Gods and Monsters cause for me the Paradise EP is pretty forgettable, but I did enjoy American, Burning Desire, Blue Velvet and Bel Air
>>
>>63763978
No I feel like Kill Kill and Lolita are far too busy. Some of her best stuff are her softer yet not too empty songs like This is What Makes us Girls, High by the Beach, Dark Paradise, Brooklyn Baby, etc.

The best parts of Born to die are the tracks like Carmon and Dark Paradise, that's what she does best. That's why I feel like Ultraviolence was the best. It combined her more trip hop elements with with her more bigger Baroque pieces.
>>
>>63764057
I loved Ultraviolence because of how satisfying it is as a record for me, when I'm upset it's one of my favourite records to play, plus it's so cohesive it's almost a concept album. Her creativity, lyrically, was at its peak in this album. Yeah I see what you're saying too, Lana does do songs like that better; Brooklyn Baby in particular is one of my favourites. I think Honeymoon was a poor follow up to UV though, lyrically and sonically weaker, boring production and no real change of pace in the album or much reason to keep on listening. I hope she delivers with her next record
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.