[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good introduction to noise music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (552 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
552 KB, 1200x1200
Is this a good introduction to noise music?
>>
Fuck no

Start with Kazumoto Endo's While You Were Out
>>
Not at all. Revolution 9 is the most accessible, followed in my opinion by Galactic Tornado.
>>
untitled by anco is the best entry level noise imo
>>
No. No. No.
>>
yes

you need to know immediately noise is shit and not even bother
>>
>>63757144
no. my first was new blockaders, try symphonie in x major
>>
>>63757189
This
That's what got me into harsh noise.
Best track is Fear My Kung-Fu!
>>
try hybrid noisebloom, going places, or kesto instead
>>
File: Insane-core.png (776 KB, 1069x663) Image search: [Google]
Insane-core.png
776 KB, 1069x663
Honestly I would start with Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished since it uses harsher textures mixed in with more musical elements. If that's not heavy enough, go with Suicide's self entitled album, specifically Frankie Teardrop. If you like the textures go down the path of Merzbow, if you like the more harsh themes and vocals try some Whitehouse.
>>
The best introduction to noise music is a finely-curated and extensive V/A compilation. Or maybe that's just my biased perception since that's the way I got into it.
In any case as long as you're bothering to pay attention to what you're hearing and as long as you bother to pay attention to the details surrounding an artist presented on the compilation(their ties to other artists and their ties to record labels in particular) it's a far more rewarding experience that does a far better job at teaching you how to explore and find shit on your own and carve out your own path than waiting for someone on 4chan to spoonfeed you with the shit they just found on an RYM list anyway.

Try these.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-God-Bless-America/master/18777
https://www.discogs.com/Various-White-Eye-Of-Winter-Watching/master/386694
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Noise-War/master/1365

>>63757422
Though I can also agree with this. Not to mention that one of the all-time greatest noise V/A albums is a Blockaders tribute.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Viva-Negativa-A-Tribute-To-The-New-Blockaders-Volume-I/master/30629
>>
>>63757578
>If you like the textures go down the path of Merzbow
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about and I'm 100% sure he's heard less than 25 noise albums.
>>
>noise
>music
pick one senpai
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.