[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Kanye's public persona make it impossible for him to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
TLOP will go down as a classic off of the absurdity of the rollout alone (not to mention remastered version sounds fantastic).

It's like he is such a legendary pop culture figure that anything he does at this point is historic off the rip.

Thoughts?
>>
>>63756730
I'm just gonna assume you're 16 years old and just watched a 5min youtube video on "Absurdity"

Don't use that word again until you learn the meaning :)
>>
I need a link to the post TIDAL exclusive update from yesterday. Thanks!
>>
No. People are ready and waiting with pitchforks to criticize any music West makes. It just happens to be that he often makes great music.

He can talk all shit he wants. If you can't discern the public persona from the music, then that's your problem.
>>
I certainly think the hype plays a huge role in his success, and bestows him with the privilege of making rash and often poor artistic decisions. Death Grips have been guilty of this as well.

At the same time, WRT pablo, I wonder if that's the point. A lot of people argue that Kanye isn't thinking about this shit AT ALL but entertain me: what if the whole point of this album is that it's not available in a physical format, and therefore is for all intense and purposes "not final." Sustained by the hype and patience of fans, he's able to make a shit-ton of money and defy the concept of art as object, adjusting it to his whims.

The guy knows we're going to pirate it wherever it shows up. Some people will update, but the smart ones will pick and choose their favorite mixes according to their own tastes. There are literally millions of forms the TLoP can take. In that sense, he's transcended our notion of what an album is.

So yeah, I think the hype is a smokescreen. I also think it's what makes it so interesting. Still, some of these tracks will still suck no matter how many times he fixes them, namely FACTS. So it's ultimately a better aesthetic statement than it is an album. He thinks it's a 30 and it's more a 7
>>
he makes good music so no. Even if you don't like one of his tracks you can admire the vision
>>
>>63756849
He used that would completely correct.
How is editing an album after release, anything but absurd?
>>
>>63757777
nice quads

Because it wasn't really 'released' he put it on Tidal only because he wasn't done with it. When fans complained about things he changed them. He's trying to use "muh artistic vision" to counter the fact that he's lazy as fuck and didn't finish his fucking album.
>>
>>63756730
i dont download cd's to have the fucking artist literally make a dlc to fix his shit album to begin with.
>>
>>63756730
anyone have a download link to the new remastered version?
>>
>>63756730
His fans will think this, but in reality everyone else is laughing their ass off at him for how poorly he handled things.
>>
>>63757919
>He's trying to use "muh artistic vision" to counter the fact that he's lazy as fuck and didn't finish his fucking album
Or maybe he expedited the first release as part of his social media marketing campaign to keep fresh it in everybody's minds? The physical media age is dying grandpa, best keep up with the social media age or get left behind.
>>
>literally word for word KTT post
y
>>
>>63756730
Hypity hype

Mbdtf>LR>808s>Ye>Tlop

Hell be fine
>>
MBDTF
LR = Yeezus
TLOP
Graduation
CD
808s

it's a solid 9, folks
ONLY TIME PITCHFORK GOT IT RIGHT!!!!
>>
probably the most overrated hack of the last 20 years
>>
Can we talk about the album itself instead? The whole thing is a fulfillment of every expectation and wish I had for it. It's the musical version of getting your dick sucked. 10/10 would 'Ye again

...that said it's probably my third favorite Kanye album, but that's a matter of personal preference/nostalgia probably, he really still is at the top of his game as an artist
>>
>>63757950
i dont undersd how people can be so blind, the update wasnt a fix, he will swear it was because he wants to avoid bein sued by his buddies from tidal, he gave them an unfinished version and got cash for 1 month of exclusivity for a preview, something you play in a listening party before the final mastering process(oh wait thats what happened), even the drum programming got properly delivered, the "new version" sounds more like an official release, i appreciate the effort as a music fan desu
>>
I just threw on some tlop
>>
>>63756730
Not his public persona, but his musical talent.
>>
Kanye is like Nintendo, even their worst game is good.
>>
Guys will I go to hell if I just cannot see what so many others see in Kanye's music ?

I mean: I tried, several times, but Kanye's work is just meh to me, am I the only one?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.