[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any neo-folk that isn't incredibly boring, vapid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1459121274087.jpg (96 KB, 923x687) Image search: [Google]
1459121274087.jpg
96 KB, 923x687
Is there any neo-folk that isn't incredibly boring, vapid shit? So far I've listened to Death in June, kiss the anus of a black cat, and Swans 2 neo-folk albums. All of it that I've heard is dull, repetitive and drawn-out, and the lyrics are so mundane and over-simplistic, as if they were written by some 16 year old high school kid. Is there anything in the genre worth listening to?
>>
>>63752224
asked a KTT fan
>>
Swans only have one Neofolk album
Unless you're including that live album
>>
File: Cover.jpg (374 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
374 KB, 1000x1000
This is my favorite neofolk record.

The genre might also not be your thing.
>>
based on your criticisms it sounds to me like the genre just isn't for you
>>
>>63752247
The Burning World and Mouth etc. Also, Rope is pretty neo-folky
>>
>>63752314
>white light is neofolk
I think the problem here is that you don't know anything about the genre
>>
File: autisticasianfedoraman.jpg (109 KB, 803x817) Image search: [Google]
autisticasianfedoraman.jpg
109 KB, 803x817
>>63752327
I'm OP and thats not even me you replied to, although The Burning World and White Light are the albums I was thinking of. I dont think its a stretch at all to call White Light neo-folk, a good few tracks are just straight up neo-folk (i.e. Failure) and the rest is shimmery post-punk stuff that still sounds pretty similar to neo-folk. Not sure why you're nitpicking at that like an autist anyway, I probably know more about the genre from the four artists I've listened to (forgot to mention Current 93 in OP) than you. But I'm not here to argue about the genre of a Swans album with some guy that calls himself 'proge man' because he listened to a handful of Zeuhl albums, its just not relevant to my post. You can kindly go fuck off, you pompous faggot.
>>
>>63752224
I dunno what you mean by neo-folk, but you should check out last bison's first album.
It's good stuff.
>>
File: 1459279482969.png (19 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1459279482969.png
19 KB, 557x605
>>63753114
>doesn't know what neo-folk is
>recommends indie-folk album
god bless, stay innocent my friend
>>
>>63752534
Wow you're really angry over a small shitpost

And you even dug up that screenshot of posts I made when I was half asleep at 2am

Nice
>>
>>63753163
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Neofolk
It still doesn't make sense.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.