[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What music do people with true depression listen to? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 400x299
What music do people with true depression listen to? I'm not talking about overly emotional cry babies who think their sadness is depression. I'm talking about people who are unable to obtain any pleasure from life. What do they listen to if deriving pleasure or even receiving it is impossible?
>>
People from a ton of different backgrounds and perspectives have legitimate depression. It's not a personality trait it's an illness, so you will get an unrelated variety of whatever those individuals enjoy when they are able to find enjoyment.

Stupid question
>>
slowcore probably
>>
>>63748675
You seemed to have not interpreted my question correctly. What music does one listen to when listening to music for many is a source of pleasure and this person is unable to obtain pleasure at all?
>>
>>63748756
No, I understand. They listen to whatever they listen to when they are able to derive pleasure from life in the hopes that they'll find pleasure in it. Or they listen to new music with the same intentions. There's no "depression-core" music.
>>
File: fuckouttahere.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
fuckouttahere.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>
if your definition of depression means "they're unable to obtain any pleasure from life" then they probably don't listen to music

so fucking silence i guess
>>
>>63748782
i think you took the thread a bit too seriously.
let me rephrase it:
if depressed people are so depressed and shit what do they listen to?
Post songs ITT that depressed people would listen to.
>>
>>63748858
not that guy, but I don't think you understand depression. it manifests itself differently in different people and cultures, and since it isn't sadness, you aren't just going to find some music that captures it.

Some people say Jandek, and maybe he is relevant. I listen to Jandek a lot ton, I have depressive episodes sometimes, who knows, maybe there is some connection. In any case, I have to recommend him
>>
Nothing.

Part of depression is not enjoying anything anymore or wanting to do anything.
>>
>>63748914
Almost every Jandek album is what Trout Mask Replica would sound if it was an all acoustic solo album.
>>
>>63748931
OP stop samefagging
>>
>>63748946
they don't really sound similar at all
>>
>>63748961
Not OP, this is basic shit.

You might as well ask, "What movies do depressed people watch?" or "What sports do depressed people play?".
>>
What other people listen to it's not like we're fucking aliens. I'm at high risk for suicide, and I listen to normal fucking music. Don't pretend like you know what you're talking about.
>>
I was preparing a really long reply with baroque, classical and opera pieces with certain performers in mind, along with a few modern examples but I went to look for a YouTube video and the while post got deleted and since I'm on mobile I can't be assed to write all that again.

Sorry, OP.
>>
>>63748991
what operas?
>>
>>63748987

t. underage frogposter
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.