[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weezer - The White Album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 3
So... what does everyone think?
>>
Would've been a decent album in 2001
>>
It's shit
>>
>>63744221
Surprisingly really great.

Thank God For Girls fuckin bangz
>>
It's really good, and for all that Weezer fans have been put through in the pass this is like the second coming of Christ.
>>
>>63744221
aoty
>>
>>63744242
aw yeah
>>
Great album
>>
>>63744221
today felt like Christmas tbqh senpai. I love it. I've only been waiting for over a decade
>>
>>63744221
a good album with a lot of catchy songs

as a weezer fan im pretty happy
>>
Some Beach Boys influence coming through pretty hard. Pixies too.
I'm glad that Rivers has finally started writing interesting songs again.
>>
>>63744414
Beach Boys I agree with but The Pixies?

What makes you say that?
>>
>>63744414
Me too. These are some of his best lyrics in ages.
>>
Fucking love Pat's kick drum work on this.
>>
>>63744233
Underrated post
>>
>>63744444
>>but The Pixies?

>>what makes you say that?

"Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori."
And Rivers' serious falsetto in "Jacked Up"
>>
Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori is fucking great
>>
SHE TOUCHED MY ANKLE
PARANOID ANDROID
>>
If I could remove one song I'd take out Do You Wanna Get High and swap it with Burndt Jam from Maladroit
>>
There literally isn't a low point. What the fuck happened? This is a miracle.
>>
I would say that is growing a little on my.
L.A girlz is actually pretty good, thank god for the girls is ok tho.
I hope rivers get better than this, I love you rivers <3
>>
SLEEP TOGETHER SLEEP TOGETHER SLEEP FOREVER
>>
>>63744723
BOY IN THE BUBBLE
SAYIN' I LOVE YOU
>>
>>63744924
If i could remove one human from the earth it would be you
>>
THE GIRL IN THE PASTRY SHOP
>>
I COUNT MY STEPS BECAUSE I'M OCD
>>
Are we just typing out lyrics in all caps? This album is so fucking catchy man.

WE GOT THE WIND
IN OUR SAIIIL
LIKE DARWIN ON THE BEAGLE
>>
IT'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT
WHEN YOU'RE ON A SINKING SHIP

I'm literally crying at how surprisingly epic this album is. Weezer is back baby.
>>
SHE'S A FAN OF 5SOS

BUT ONLY CAUSE THEY'RE SO HOT
>>
It's like green if green were really good and not just ok.

I just listened to blue and white back to back to make sure I wasn't losing it. Nope, this album is just really good. Good to have them back
>>
>>63744444
>nobody noticing Derek's quints
>>
File: 1422507479464.jpg (48 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1422507479464.jpg
48 KB, 722x349
>think King of the World is an upbeat happy song
>read the annotations on Genius
>>
>The album's producer, Jake Sinclair, was also "determined to return Weezer to their Nineties glory", combining the "brashness and unpredictability of Pinkerton with the summer Beach Boys grunge pop of the Blue Album"

Someone give this guy a medal
>>
>>63745292
Yes, thank you.

L.A Girlz is 100% a green album song.
>>
Anyone heard the Japanese bonus track?

Prom Night, lyrics are platinum cheese and damn dat amine outro

Weezer - Prom Night (Japan Bonus Track): http://youtu.be/BYK68QRIfDU
>>
>>63745380
pretty good.

rivers is a such a fucking weeaboo
>>
breddy gud
>>
>>63745413
So he's more like me than I thought
>>
>>63745047
Not if remove myself first!
>>
>>63745461
unlike you though he got his dream waifu qt 3.14 asian gf
>>
Trash, just like everything they've ever made. If this is considered a "return to form" by fans, I'll consider myself lucky that I've never listened to their 2000s stuff.
>>
>>63745518
have you ever considered drowning yourself?
>>
>>63745529
no, I only consider sane ways of killing myself.
>>
I mean I like Rivers lyrics on this record. They're different and create a coherent story nearly on each track.

Otherwise, a few of the songs are just boring to me. Yeah, it's a good summer album. Or beach record or whatever. But that's it. It's not something that's mind blowing or something that will have a lasting impact on the music scene or the career of the band.

The glorious days of Weezer are long past. Be glad they made two great records, and helped create the emo scene.

I just think this record is like every other record they've done since TGA. Overly produced power pop, nothing sticks out about the songs. The drums are just bland. Guitars don't have a unique tone to them. Songs all follow the same fucking pop song structure of verse chorus verse. Guitar solos generally all follow the vocal melody and never shy away from it.

Tl;DR the record is good, and here and there has some interesting tracks. But otherwise, it's just another forgettable record in their catalog. It's what they've been doing for a decade now. I just think they should give it up and pursue other projects.
>>
File: 1458595291631.png (34 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
1458595291631.png
34 KB, 182x220
>>63745604
>Be glad they helped create the emo scene.
Dude what
>>
>>63745657
The first two records have their moments. The very confessional nature of songs like Say it ain't so, The World Has Turned, and all of Pinkerton are pretty much all about Cuomo's feelings. Awkwardness, longing for something more, feelings of frustration and anger.

They were emo as far as I'm concerned. In my mind I think they helped pave the way for modern emo groups. That's pretty debatable though. So i'm open to seeing what you have to say.
>>
>>63745743
holy cringe
>>
I really enjoyed this album! good job weezer
>>
>>63745743
While Weezer were "emo" in the sense that their lyrics were emotionally honest, theyre more of an alternative rock band musically, very far removed from say, Brand New or Sunny Day Real Estate.
Id go more into detail but I dont have enough knowledge of musical terms to point out exactly why Weezer was definitely not an emo band
>>
KUMBAYA MAKES ME GET VIOLENT
>>
Thank God for Girls is pretty aight
LA Girlz and California Kids were great
Weezer is back?

Solid 7/10, glad to see Weezer back at it
>>
DUDE WEEZ LMAO
>>
>>63745937
DUDE GIRLS LMAO
>>
>>63745969
DUDE SNAPCHAT LMAO
>>
>>63745984
DUDE CANNOLIS LMAO
>>
>>63746026
DUDE MILFS LMAO
>>
>>63746054
DUDE DUDE LMAO LMAO
>>
>>63746070
OAML DEEW EDUD
>>
i live in asia and we don't have canollis around here. what do they taste like?
>>
>>63746163
I live in America and I have no idea, but that video made me lose my appetite for them.
>>
For those of you that didn't see their performance on The Tonight Show.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/rivers-cuomo-dresses-as-elvis-presley-for-weezers-king-of-the-world-on-fallon-20160401
>>
if you dont think rivers posts here then u stupid as heck
>>
Depends what Fantano gives it first
>>
>>63746813
9/10

cap this post
>>
>>63746813
quality post right there
>>63746828
I'LL STAY SHYYYYY
YOU STAY SHYYYYY
DEAR ALVIN
>>
>>63746828
So Alvin, did you stay shy?
>>
so whats the best song

is it la girlz?
>>
I actually really enjoyed it. Surprisingly my favorite track right now is Wind In Our Sail (I liked all of the singles beforehand a loved la girlz so I was pretty sure that would still be my favorite). It's a charming album, I'm happy with it. It has catchy melodies and a melancholic (juxtaposed with the highs of being in love as well) feeling similar to Pinkerton.
>>
>>63745380
holy FUCK
replace thank god for girls with this and the album is literally perfect
i love you so much rivers
>>
>>63746951
I really love California Kids.
>>
Gotta love the Darwin/Mendel shout outs as well, good shit Cuomo.
>>
Endless Bummer grows on me every time I listen to it. It taps into that weird immediately post-Pinkerton late 90s Rivers that produced a ton of great demos. It reminds me of Lover in the Snow a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvm5Ke6clI
>>
>>63746951
la girlz is definitely the best track, at least in my opinion. That and SEADD sound like B sides to the Blue album
>>
>>63747258
I just wish it was a little longer...
>>
>>63746951
Prom Night for sure. Shame it's the hidden gem bonus track.
>>
I fucking LOVE all the synths all over the album. DYWGH has it, Wind in our Sails has it, Good Thing has it, it's like Songs from the Black Hole brought back to life.
>>
>>63747395
It wouldn't be a Weezer album without a bonus track/B-side that blows away most of the album cuts.
>>
>>63747417
That's very true... I wonder why it seems to nearly always be like that
>>
>>63747417
Did we ever get any B-sides from EWBAITE?
>>
>>63747451
Rivers is just a weirdo. Most of my favorite Weezer songs are Pinkerton B-sides, and Paperface is one of the best Blue-era songs.
>>
>>63747487
We got one, sort of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrYiOfCLOU
>>
>>63747519
I wouldn't count this as ewbaite b-side though, the earliest reference to it was rivers saying they would release a fanclub bonus track, and eventually it was released as just a solo bonus track. Doubt it was ever planned for ewbaite
>>
Fun fact: California Kids was originally written and recorded in Japanese
http://youtu.be/GtSOyZf5aU4
Rivers being a giant weeb as always
>>
>>63747610
the white album version sounds a lot better
the drum machine and bad production kind of gimps this version
i like the synth though
>>
>>63745320
Digits no longer matter,only Phil Collins
>>
>>63745328
>"I want to fly like a butterfly! They Are So Cute"
>The song is about a depressed, suicidal man upset with what he does not have
>>
>>63744221
Disappointing album. Let's all be honest. It's like Green. Bland as fuck. Shallow lyrics too, per usual I suppose.
>>
>>63747932
cool name
>>
>>63748296
>Disappointing
honestly what were you expecting, pinkerton 2.0?
>>
>>63748312
You got a cool one too
>>
>>63748312
nice dubs
>>
>>63748296
>shallow lyrics

Not really family. Biblical allusions, talking about his wife's abusive parents, drug addiction, Darwin and Mendel. It's a pretty lyrically interesting album.
>>
It's a great album
>>
>>63744221
Ok fuck it this new Weezer record is the best thing they've done since Maladroit for me. Rivers' lyrics are arguably the best they've been post-pinkerton. I fucking love this album.
>>
>>63744221

i really like it

weezer's my fav band though, so i'm biased

i would compare this one in tone to the blue album, in quality to ewbaite. lot more positive sounding, even rivers said he was really influenced by the beach boys and by living in cali. you can tell.
>>
>>63748296

i liked the green album

this has more catchy songs overall than green
>>
>>63748942
TL:DR: Heart broken Boy goes to California to clear his mind. Meets a girl in a similar situation. When they spend time together they are happy again. They continue with the relationship and the Boy completely falls in love with her. She starts heading into a direction he can't follow. She has issues, and He tries so hard to help her. She ignores his love and turns into a completely different person than when they met. She leaves him broken hearted, angry and confused. He tries to get over her, and ends up exactly where he started.

Pretty much Pinkerton 2.0 lyrics wise, desu. Just a more beachy sound and I love it.
>>
>>63744221
Jacked Up is the catchiest song I've heard in a while
>>
>>63744221
I haven't even heard of it yet. How does it compare to Pinkerton?
>>
>>63749710

lyrics wise, conceptually similar to pinkerton
see >>63749209
>>
>>63749739
I might have to download this then. Thanks!
>>
as soon as that lilting guitar line started in California Kids i started beaming and i don't think i stopped smiling for the entire album

so much fun
>>
it's not as good as pinkerton or blue obviously, but it comes so close at points that i'm satisfied with it and i think i'm willing to call it the third best weezer album, way better than EWBAITE
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.