[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a website like RYM, but you have to prove you have music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: comus.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
comus.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
Is there a website like RYM, but you have to prove you have music theory knowledge to review or rate anything? I'm sick of how people give shit like First Utterance five stars for reasons for shit like:

>The stories this album tell are top notch, with lyricism that is unmatched. The textures are high quality and all the instruments sound beautiful. It's a fun, scary ride from start to finish and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Note that they made a ton of claims, but with no evidence as to why. You would fail middle school English if you did that. But yet, rockists think it's okay to review things when you lack the knowledge to do so? It's like writing a review on Ulysses and saying "0/10 it's garbage I don't get it and historical influence knowledge is boring". You would rightfully be laughed at. I want a website where actual knowledgeable people can share educated opinions on matters they actually understand.
>>
That's what /mu/ is for, my fellow music expert.
>>
>>63741849
Is there a website like RYM, but you have to prove you have music theory knowledge to review or rate anything? I'm sick of how people give shit like First Utterance five stars for reasons for shit like:

>The stories this album tell are top notch, with lyricism that is unmatched. The textures are high quality and all the instruments sound beautiful. It's a fun, scary ride from start to finish and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Note that they made a ton of claims, but with no evidence as to why. You would fail middle school English if you did that. But yet, rockists think it's okay to review things when you lack the knowledge to do so? It's like writing a review on Ulysses and saying "0/10 it's garbage I don't get it and historical influence knowledge is boring". You would rightfully be laughed at. I want a website where actual knowledgeable people can share educated opinions on matters they actually understand.
>>
File: photo.jpg (17 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
17 KB, 900x900
>>63741823
+1 epic post dude!
>>
>>63741823
/daily/
>>
>>63741849
>>63741883
Is there a website like /mu/, but you have to prove you have meme knowledge to review or rate anything? I'm sick of how people give shit like this thread five stars for reasons for shit like:

>The stories this meme tells are top notch, with comedy value that is unmatched. The language is high quality and all the words sound beautiful. It's a fun, hilarious ride from start to finish and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Note that they made a ton of claims, but with no evidence as to why. You would fail middle school English if you did that. But yet, /mu/tants think it's okay to review things when you lack the knowledge to do so? It's like writing a review on Ulysses and saying "0/10 it's garbage I don't get it and historical influence knowledge is boring". You would rightfully be laughed at. I want a website where actual knowledgeable people can share educated opinions on matters they actually understand.
>>
>highest rated music chart
>Pink Floyd is near the top
>Pink Floyd in the top 100
>Pink Floyd in the top 1000
>>
>>63741942

I take offense to this. Our memeing is unmatched.
>>
>>63741823
No, you can find discussion like that in places like /mu/ and r/letstalkmusic but I don't think there is anything specifically like you're describing.
If there was, I'd probably stop posting on /mu/. You should make this website op.
>>
>>63741823
>>
>>63741823
oh fuck off

>>63741847
>>
>>63742003
>>63742012

>I genuinely love Merzbow. Textures, atmosphere, soundscapes, the list goes on...
>>
>>63741823
try the ihatemusic forums

people there seem to be either musicians / heavily involved with the production of music themselves (jon abbey, dan warburton, probably others that i'm not familiar with) or knowledgeable enough to post alongside them

just don't act like a smug little shit there, yeah?
>>
>>63741823
I think you triggered most of /mu/ with this post
>>
>>63742026
u pwned them so hard lolol
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 263x263
>muh music theory
>muh ability to play an instrument
>muh textures
>muh Merzbow
Stop this meme.
>>
>>63741823
the evidence is the album you idiot.
>>
>>63741823
Hahaha you're not any better kiddo
>>
>"ah yes, this gr6-i6/4-V7 progression has caused me to reach rational extacsy. The band makes liberal use of enharmonic spellings and foreign modulations and makes besides the aforementioned augmented sixth progression the band uses nonfunctional harmony herp derp fuckit I'm retarded uurr durrfu durhfufu"
>>
>>63741823
tru fuck these music noobs lol wanna join my guild we only do hardcore raiding like hc RYM 25 and lastfm 40 man raids u need to know music theory and have at least 1000 followers on soundcloud
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.