[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The White Album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: thewhitealbum.jpg (55 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
thewhitealbum.jpg
55 KB, 620x620
So... what do you guys think of it so far?
>>
I'm feeling a strong 6 to a light 7 on this thing.
>>
strong 8
>>
>>63735129
got a link?
>>
>>63735287
No, but in the meantime it's on Spotify
>>
I'm actually really enjoying it, a lot more than their last album. There's more coherence not only in sound but in theme, and it's a good balance of upbeat, catchy pop rock and the quirky, idiosyncratic lyrics and style that gave their first albums their great reputation. The producer said he wanted to get Weezer back to their former glory and for the most part they did a good job of living up to that promise. I hope they continue in this direction.
>>
A bad 10
>>
>>63735496
yeah this is a good summary. most of the songs are so effortlessly good and it is much more cohesive than EWBAITE. My main problem with that album was that it split the two sides of Rivers: the more alt rock side and the megaquirky pop stuff. This album reconciles the two sounds into a good mixture. Comes pretty close to the Surf Wax America / Holiday sort of breezy melodic rock stuff from Blue
>>
If this is their last album it would be a great swan song.
>>
>>63736127
Rivers is already working on Black Album. He said it would be a lot more personal and dark. That will probably be their final album
>>
>>63735129
Not quite as good as EWBAITE but definitely not a huge drop in quality from it either. Half of it sounds like they were trying for a Blue album esque sound and the other half is kind of a mixed bag.
>>
8/10 imo
>>
>>63736127
Rivers said he will stay with Weezer until he's 60
>>
Japan got a bonus track named Prom Night but I cant find it anywhere. Does anyone else have it?
>>
I feel like Weezer kind of blew their load by pre-releasing all of the good songs of the album as singles. Like TYWGH and L.A. Girlz are obviously the best songs on the album. Also, I don't care what anyone else says, TGFG is a fucking fantastic song.
>>
>>63736250
it's really bad, you don't want it. stick with the album.
>>
Very comfy album, I like it
>>
SELL OUTS
>>
>>63737177
How can a band that started out making mainstream Pop Rock hits from the beginning be sell outs?
>>
Listening to it now for the first album. It's whatever. Pretty much exactly what you expect a Weezer album to sound like 2016.
>>
>>63736173

that feel if he pulled a David Bowie with the black album.
>>
>>63737431
hell be fine
>>
Reddit the album
>>
fuckin sick album desu senpai
>>
>>63738798
Yeah, on the third track now and I can't help but feel like I'm listening to some neckbeard faggot singing.
>>
way better than EWBA. short and sweet and coherent
>>
Favorite tracks?
Wind in Our Sail and Jacked Up are fucking beautiful
>>
>>63735129
eh. i liked ewbaite more. this feels less cohesive, tgfg and dywgh sound out of place, but are my fav's on the album. i give it a 6.5-7.
>>
>>63737376
agreed
>>
>>63737376
Agreed idk why everyone is losing their shit over this
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.