[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Artists that just don't have it in them anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: godspeed-you-black-emperor.jpg (142 KB, 618x469) Image search: [Google]
godspeed-you-black-emperor.jpg
142 KB, 618x469
>ITT: Artists that just don't have it in them anymore
>>
File: 1457572989761.jpg (11 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
1457572989761.jpg
11 KB, 300x316
>>
>>63732201
he's pointing at all of us..
>>
>>63732097
Boy Allelujah was nearly on par with their classics and had an interesting new style that no other bands have really touched yet. Asunder was solid too, and they still kill it live.
>>
>>63732097
death grips
>>
>>63732896
Allelujah were songs they wrote right after Yanqui, so of course it's going to sound good.

But not that good, because Yanqui was their weakest album.

Now, when it comes to their new stuff, it was boring, they couldn't come up with anything new or interesting so they put some stupid pointless drones on Allelujah.

Asunder is a disaster though.
>>
any artist over 40

prove me wrong (protip: you can't)
>>
Abandoned streets, mile signs. Grainy footage of George W. Bush. Raindrops driving down the window of my childhood home, silently, the opening monologue of “The Dead Flag Blues” sounding in my 14-year-old ears as I stare at cloud-covered rooftops. Sheep grazing in a wilderness-wrapped pasture. The Canadian flag, grayscale, upside-down. Beautiful red and white flowers against a field of pink.

When I was coming into something like political consciousness as an impressionable teen in the sheltered bi-level basement of a southern Indiana neighborhood, GY!BE’s maximalist bombastic balance between gloom and doom and resplendent joys felt like the right sort of release for the post-9/11 national anxieties that even a nerd like me could feel ripples of in a landlocked state. I read about the band’s detainment as suspected terrorists and thought how “cool” that was, without going deeper but somehow appreciating how implicated/important they seemed in that moment. It’s hard for GY!BE to feel as relevant, making the same (or at least a similar, if more prog, post-rock) ruckus as before, when the political atmosphere — at least in my intimate and/or tweeted slice of the United States — isn’t the same, if similar.

Here, the band seems to retreat from such (was it always over-)determination instead to make joyous, explosive anthems born out of the turmoil, a little less on-the-nose politically, but more on-the-nose noisily. To pay enough attention as even its slowest moments ask, if they don’t always earn, is to recapture an enchanted-incensed headspace of my adolescence.
>>
>>63733065
Fresh pasta?
>>
>>63732391
ok
>>
>>63732956
t. awful opinions
>>
snoop dogg
>>
Kanye West
>>
>>63732097
Mildred my dear, you must be joking
>>
File: Britpop.jpg (847 KB, 1064x2752) Image search: [Google]
Britpop.jpg
847 KB, 1064x2752
>>63732097
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.