[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's definitely fashionable to hate Nickelback just because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: nickelback.jpg (96 KB, 490x330) Image search: [Google]
nickelback.jpg
96 KB, 490x330
It's definitely fashionable to hate Nickelback just because these days. However, this album gives me a much better reason to dislike them - they suck. I'm not ashamed to admit I really liked a lot of their older stuff - even All The Right Reasons had some quality stuff on it. But here they really lost their way. For a start, I don't think there is a single lyric on this album that isn't cringeworthy or outragesously unimaginative. The band have lost all their genuine rawness and attack, as has Chad Kroeger's voice. "Something in Your Mouth", despite being about the oh-so-controversial and shocking topic of blowjobs, does have a decent groove to it, in a very strip-club oreintated way, but is nearly utterly ruined by Chad's pseudo-rap. And then it only goes downhill. "Burn it to the Ground" and "S.E.X." try to ignite the energy of older material, but they just don't have the riffs or the songwriting - they sound incredibly half-arsed. "Just to Get High" also hints at the mid-tempo, "serious" songs that Nickelback used to be pretty good at, but it's just all a bit contrived. And basically, aside from those songs, the rest of the album comprises of GOD-AWFUL BALLADS. "I'd Come for You" is ironically NOT about sex, and is just insufferable, with "If Today was Your Last Day" not being much better. Then "This Afternoon" offers a final hope of feeling that "It's not so bad! Let's just chill out and have a beer - Nickelback aren't THAT bad!", with its acoustic, chilling party vibe. But no. Hearing the band chatting and laughing over most of the song, and Chad telling me all about how they'll be drinking til 6am and how they totally defy their landlord doesn't make me want to "hang out" with them, it just makes me want to hit them all in their stupid faces. Sorry Nickelback, I think you should be quiet now.
>>
get off this board you filthy fucking pleb
>>
its fashionable because they very clearly and obviously fucking blow. yes, its low hanging fruit. and you can tell when someone is just choosing them because they know you cant go wrong making fun of them. but they really do suck.

nice pasta tho.
>>
>>63726321

>doesn't like How You Remind Me
>doesn't like Paper Back Novel
>Doesn't like Spider Man theme song feat. Saliva and the drummer from OLP

Get some taste, fag
>>
>>63726335

Only le wrong generation fags talk shit about Nickelback.

Get an opinion not shared by a 12 year old.
>>
>>63726364
thats what i just said you fucking retard
>yes its low hanging fruit
>>
>>63726373

>i'll spout the same opinion that 12 year olds have
>i'm above those 12 year olds though, somehow

K, bro
>>
>>63726385
12 year olds also share the opinion that spaghetti tastes good
>>
>>63726385
yes because two people having the same opinion on something means they have it for the same reason.

are you trying to imply that if you think nickelback blows you must be 12 years old and lack experience or some shit. go read a book.
>>
>>63726396

>let's play retard
>spaghetti tastes good
>nickelback is bad
>homework sucks

Anything else you want to add?
>>
>>63726407
Christ your dense.
>>
>>63726405

Yes, I'll read the book on Nickelback's contributions to western society.

Thanks for the suggestion, friend.
>>
>>63726407
yeah, I like wearing flip flops at the beach
rollercoasters are fun
>>
They're kind of like The Beatles in the opposite direction. They're probably the most easy mode band to say you hate. But that doesn't mean they don't suck.
>>
>>63726417

>le evil blue collar white people band is bad
>how do you not get this!?
>>
for all their hate I couldn't find a single video without more than 5% dislikes
>>
>>63726420
>i want to pretend to be retarded, but actually care about what people on the internet think about me.

at least stick with it
>>
>>63726435

But where does the ire come from? Why do they suck more than any other shitty pop singer or pop rock group?

What is it about Nickelback that attracts every nu-male to fish for upboats?
>>
>>63726450

>pretend to be retarded
>not blindly hate a band because 12 year olds find it funny to talk shit about them

Okay, friend. I'll leave you to your peers.
>>
>>63726446

5% of people couldn't see that photograph
>>
>>63726460
they were played incessantly on the radio. so were the other shitty groups you were talking about, but nickel back more than most. it also probably has to do with the sort of white trash group it attracted. everyone knows people who listen to garbage pop but not everyone knows people who listen to nickel back. thus its safe to make fun of without stepping on toes.
>>
>>63726469
>blindly liking a band because 12 year olds find it funny to talk shit about them

the real sad thing here is that 12 year olds have better taste than you.
>>
>>63726460
>But where does the ire come from?
Their extreme popularity
>Why do they suck more than any other shitty pop singer or pop rock group?
They don't necessarily, but since they're the most popular easy to hate butt rock band they're going to get picked on the most. Other shitty pop rock bands get made fun of too. Nickelback just has a million bad songs that everybody partially knows so the hate is more relatable.
>>
I AM NOOOOOOOOOOOT A LEADER OF MEEEEEEEEEEEN
SINCE I PREFER TO FOLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_oGP4az3k

nickelback is good
>>
>>63726489

>white trash group it attracted

Exactly. Why aren't you whining about dumb fucking niggers and shitty rap music? It's okay to whine about blue collar white people culture but trash ass nigger culture is protected now days.

Why don't you grow some equability with your outrage, you fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>63726546
lmao what are you even talking about
>>
>>63726546
boy has a point desu
race war when?
>>
>>63726520

There are plenty of extremely popular musicians. Nicklelback seems to only draw extreme reactions. Why are they such a target? There are plenty of more popular acts that don't receive the level of ire that Nickelback does. Why do you think that is?
>>
>>63726555

Lmao right!?

Reading comprehension right!?
>>
hating the 'back is a meme
crack open a can of beer, put on a 'back tune and enjoy yourself some prime buttrock, you pussy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M

you think young thug is better than this?
>>
>>63726573
I mean how the fuck are you so upset about teenagers making fun of shitty ass nickle back that you're bringing race into it
>>
>>63726566
>There are plenty of more popular acts that don't receive the level of ire that Nickelback does.
I bet they do.
>>
>>63726546
1. how do you know i dont
2. why cant i be a hypocrite
3. what if i like shitty rap music
4. why do i have to be equal

more importantly you clearly didn't read what i said at all, your reading comprehension is clearly well below that of any of these niggers you talk about. you might as well be one, which the only white person who would be as bad as a nigger is white trash. so its all starting to make a lot of sense now. that was clearly the only word you saw in all that and it caused you to fly into the white equivalent of a chimpout. gas yourself you stupid inbred disgrace. thank god you probably are impotent.
>>
>>63726559

It's not even about race war shit, it's about this retarded misbelief that some people like to pretend they're above lower class white people, probably because the Daily Show told them it's okay to hate Nickelback and Larry the Cable Guy but Louis Cuck is super cool and progressive.

Nickelback is boring like Bon Jovi and Def Leppard, but who the fuck cares? Why are they such a topic of conversation? It seems to me, idiots like to use them as a prop to seem more cultured merely by saying "I'm not of those white people". Great, good for you. You're not a regular blue collar white person like that, that has kind of a pleb taste in music. Congratulations.
>>
>>63726617
you're overthinking this amigo
it's a meme to nickelback thanks to that one video that went viral of two of their songs mashed together

you're leaping at shadows
>>
Sonororiruc, leader of all men, travarsed the travayles, and his men, niggerbawk, intrigues into a plot so large in its ambling, time is short, kill everyone not in support of he.
>>
>>63726611

>how do you know i dont
>why cant i be a hypocrite
>what if like blah blah blah
>why do i have to blah

You're one of those retards that doesn't just respond in one coherent paragraph. You like to bring up nearly irrelevant points and not actually respond to any of them. Something about white trash being as bad as nigger or something. Okay, whatever. White trash isn't good too. That doesn't that mean that Nickelback isn't picked on disproportionately because insecure white people want to feel superior to something. They're a whipping boy for beta males to lash out something more masculine then them.

It's pathetic, really.
>>
>>63726690
>
You're one of those retards that doesn't just respond in one coherent paragraph. You like to bring up nearly irrelevant points and not actually respond to any of them.

yeah you too fucking retard. i talk about how people hate on them because its likely they dont have anyone in their friend groups who like them, and you start going off about why dont people hate on nigger music.

shut the fuck up, the only beta male here is you. you think you are masculine because you are "redpilled" but no one perceives you that way.
>>
>>63726674

You're really unaware. I have no idea of whatever this meme video is, that you haven't even bothered to link to. Nickelback really is just the whipping boy for limp wristed liberal males that can't relate to high test, bro, butt rock.

It doesn't make the music bad. It's just not aimed at your average /mu/ cuck.
>>
>>63726718

>yeah you too fucking retard
>b-beta

First funny post of this thread.

Thanks, mate.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.