[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Listen to Death Grips because of /mu/ >Hate it at first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: DG.jpg (165 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
165 KB, 1366x768
>Listen to Death Grips because of /mu/
>Hate it at first
>Slowly begins to grow on you
>Suddenly you love it

Is this the process all of you went through?
>>
stay noided bruv
>>
>>63726116
IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES
>>
no, like most of the fans it was once my third stepdad left and my mum took away my xbl I needed a way to vent so I got into DEATH GRIPS. it gos gilooooteen YAH
>>
I wouldn't be caught dead listening to that shit.
>>
>>63726116
i listened to The Powers That B first. I didn't know much about them desu, didn't know they were a meme. At the time I hadn't really heard anything like Up My Sleeves. I was surprised by their sound but I kept listening cuz I was doing something else on the computer. The music kind of faded in the background after 2-3 tracks and I had no intention of playing them again. Then i heard Inanimate Sensation. That song sounded fucking amazing. And yeah, that was it. I like most of their shit now, TMS being my least favorite
>>
>>63726153
kek
>>
>listen to Exmilitary, kinda like it but don't really "get it"
>listen to The Money Store, still to this day find it really dull
>listen to No Love Deep Web, immediately fall in love with it
>listen to Government Plates, just sounds like shitty electronic music that my friends were into in high school
>listen to Niggas on the Moon, finally feel like I get it
It took me a while
>>
yeah the fifth step is hate it again and the sixth step is occasionally come back to it and feel guilt because i know i share a tinge of a common interest with scum like you.

also optionally if you skip the "because of /mu/" step you probably will have a much more enjoyable experience.
>>
Hey guys, where did MC Ride go to sort out his alcohol issues?
AA!
>>
>>63726186
that's a real phackkin ebin post man
>>
File: Thumbs Down.jpg (16 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Down.jpg
16 KB, 347x346
>>63726186
>>
>>63726185
>>63726174
>>63726153

the /mu/ hates DG meme is so funny but also really retarded. you literally only hate them because reddit likes them. otherwise most of you would be indifferent, and just rarely hateful
>>
>>63726249
i wouldn't know that because i don't go to reddit. the reason i "hate" them is because of what
>>63726224
poster said.

i still listen to them every now and then like you would have noticed i said if you weren't retarded. but in fact the reason i feel guilt when i do has nothing to do with reddit liking them but actually /mu/ liking them.
>>
>>63726116
loved them almost instantly
>>
>>63726116
>see memes but hear they're also good
>download their discography to try
>end up playing gp a fuckton
>then hear notm and be blown away
It's not that hard to get into them m8, each of their albums takes from a different sound that caters to different people
>>
>>63726249
bra I dun hate DEATH GRIPS me too I STAY NOIDED O_O
BP WHEN? WHEN IS IT GONNA COME
>>
>>63726290
>advanced_autism.bmp
>>
>>63726249
since when does reddit like deathgrips?
>>
>>63726180
>listen to niggas on the moon, and become a poser jacksonpolluckdrone
>>
>>63726297
I'll never understand why the opinions of a website people don't like/don't browse should in any way affect their opinions of a band
>>
>>63726274
>their music has not developed in the five or so years that they've been around
billy not really is practically a ripoff of takyon, never realized that before tho lol
>>
>>63726297
oh my bad I meant 9GAG
>>
nah, i come across guillotine on YT and pretty much fell in love instantly, it was the type of music my life needed at the time.
>>
I hated Hothead. It just felt like they were trying too hard to be as "Death Grips" as possible
>>
>>63726116
Yeah but then they got too popular so you're supposed to hate them now. Calling them a meme is huge points here man.

I fucking love them though.
>>
>>63726313
T R I B A L I S M

now give me a fedora tip
>>
File: Mah Drills.gif (130 KB, 344x472) Image search: [Google]
Mah Drills.gif
130 KB, 344x472
>>63726116
>all of you went through
>all of you
>all
ahahahaha the only reason why you like it is because other people like it... nice hive mind consensus brotha
>>
>>63726333
But them going apeshit with the whole Death Grips 2.0 thing is gonna be the best thing they ever do anon
No joke, if BP goes the way it'll likely go it'll beat out even NotM
>>
>>63726116
>watch fantano reviews
>hate fantano
>see his only 10 (at the time) review was some shit hipster album called death grips?
>listen to it out of spite
>holy shit this is good
>stay in denial for the longest time
>keep coming back to it
>finally fuck it and give in
>listen to exmilitary
>money store
>NLDW
>love everything right away cuz muh patrician taste

Pretty much it
>>
>>63726277
All jokes aside, kill yourself.
>>
>>63726330
ah man did ur mum take away your xbox too? fukkin sucked goin 2 weeks without mai minecraft
>>
>>63726313
well im not sure why you're directing that at me. i mean i agree but my point is reddit isn't a bunch of death grip fans. the only people on reddit who like deathgrips is the subreddit dedicated to deathgrips, r/deathgrips. that subreddit has a lot of crossover anyway so what that guy said is even dumber
>>
i was bumpin exmilitary before the fantano review
i could never have expected them to get as big as they did
i blame the melon
>>
>>63726274
>their popularity is based entirely on publicity stunts
this is a retarded thing to say
>their music has not developed
okay but publicity stunts is not the reason they get listens

>>63726277
i only know reddit likes them because i've read that on /mu/ desu

>feeling guilt about this
sorry but that's retarded

>>63726313
neither should the opinions of /mu/ desu
>>
Niggas on the Moon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... No Love Deep Web > Exmilitary > TMS > JD = GP
>>
>>63726422
Jenny=Niggers>>>>>>Exmil>No Love>GP>TMS
>>
>>63726374
sure yeah
>>
>>63726422
TPTB > Exmil > NLDW > TMS > GP > FW
(JD > NOTM > the rest)

Love them all tho senpai
>>
>>63726358
>>listen to it out of spite
who fucking does this?? kys m8
>>
>>63726274
>publicity stunts
Never heard of those, I knew Death Grips even before I discovered /mu/.
Because guess what? DG is not a secret band only /mu/ knows about, literally go on any music discussion Forum that covers underground music and DG will be mentioned.

>their music has not developed in the five or so years
This is just plain ignorance, if you've ever heard the Power that b you'd know that it sounds completely different from their previous record

>they're a shit band, who will soon be forgotten.
Wheter they're shit or not is a matter of preference. It's certainly not meant for everybody but that's also not what they're aiming for.

Realistically, they will be rememberded since there isn't quite anything like them in terms of sound.
>>
>>63726390
You say it like that's a bad thing.
Why the fuck would you care? Can't you hipsters be happy for a band that you like gain populairty?
Do you always have to be a special snowflake?
>>
>>63726372
average death grips fan.
>>
>>63726523
> huh hipster?? what do you not like liking things everyone else does? do you want to be an individual or something?? why dont you want to be associated with the lowest common denominator??

not him and il get made fun of for making this post, but im just being real here. you probably are lying to yourself if you want to pretend like you don't care when someone starts spouting "NOIDED XD". if you like something, people associate you with other people they know that like that same thing. and if the people they know that like it are stupid meme spouting edgelords than no shit its a bad thing,
>>
>>63726225
>>63726229
Oh c'mon I know you laughed
>>
>>63726116
>Eat shit because of /ck/
>Hate it at first
>Slowly begin to develop taste for it
>Suddenly love it
Is this the process all of you went through?
>>
>>63726523
im happy of course that they're popular and making money
but also kind of sad that they've been turbomemed
>>
>>63726562
who exactly is going to associate me with those? DG aren't very popular 'outside' and i don't parade liking them. If it's my friends, well they know me well enough not to have to associate me with random online people
>>
>accidentally discover death grips at a record store (TMS; was attracted and intrigued by the cover)
>instantly fall in love
>praise Jesus and also hate myself for not making it first that a group is making the sort of futurist hip hop cluster fuck of my dreams
>find out about the fanbase
> stick with them, enjoying every new release slightly less, despite loving and admiring the direction of their sound
>literally can't listen to them anymore because of the horrible associations with their fanbase
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (16 KB, 505x111) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
16 KB, 505x111
>>63726616
lel, what the shit is up with ur post m8?
>>
>>63726629
>DG aren't very popular 'outside'

it all makes sense now :) sorry ignore everything i said your right dude!
>>
>>63726660
congrats you have adware on your computer. how has your conduit browsing experience been?

i actually cant tell if you are trolling or not, i mean i can but i want you to know you are that retarded.
>>
>>63726660
You have malware. Malwarebytes that shit m8
>>
>>63726562
I really wouldn't care less.
If someone is gonna associate me with memes on a Bhutanese rowing forum for liking a band I'll think they're fucking stupid
>>
>>63726649
Stop caring so much man, I'm not even that big of a fan but they're music is really good.
Just listen to what you enjoy.
>>
>>63726660
lol better run a virus scan senpai
>>
>>63726116
>Is this the process all of you went through?
yeah. you eventually gain perspective and understanding of the approach and messages made by the band. You sort of get attuned to the way the band innovates rather than how it just sounds like madness. It's been a labor of love.
>>
>>63726116
At first I didn't really get them but I did understand the appeal so I relistened to them every once in a while and it grew on me. Some tracks I found accesible from the beggining (Beware, I've seen footage, Get got, The Fever, Lord of the Game)

I still dont really like most of GP or the instrumentals tho. They're allright but nowhere near as good as the rest of the albums.
>>
>>63726116
No, because I started with Ex Military.
>>
>>63726660
you're fucked m8
>>
>>63728105
>>63727081
>>63726740
help malwarebytes didn't remov it
>>
>>63728378
quick, delete system32!!!
>>
File: 26252.jpg (15 KB, 346x474) Image search: [Google]
26252.jpg
15 KB, 346x474
>>63726116
When I first listened to Guillotine I was like 'the fuck is this retarded shit' and then oh booooy...
>>
>>63726486
teenagers
>>
>>63726116
>listen to X-military
>cool
>listen to the money store
>good
>listen to government plates
> Amazing
>hooked
>>
>>63726116
yep
>>
>>63726116
>friend plays a dg song for me
>not sure what to think of it
>check out a few songs online later to get a feel for them
>it's alright but I can't see myself listening to them much
>later put on exmilitary while running
>IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES
>>
>>63728378
Try not being a retard and doing it manually
There are like five folders to delete
>>
Am I the only one who liked them immediately
>>
>>63726116
Nah. I was drawn to it for how dark and real it felt. I didn't "like" it at the time, but I couldn't look away. Even a track like "Get Got" was almost too much.

Birds was also one of the very few tracks I was listening to, because the band had recently dropped it as a single when I got into them. It was like sickening to listen to a little bit, that heavily synthesized voice "IGOTTOOMRROWCOMING" the song actually made me feel ill but at the same time I couldn't stop coming back to it, every day for a couple of weeks.

So it was a slow process for me, I was really drawn to the band and kept coming back until I started liking more and more.
>>
No I listened to money store fir the first time whilst lying in bed and had an epiphany

>tfw it's THAT good
>>
>wow this is some juvenile trash
>now I get it, this is kind of cool
>no, I guess it was just juvenile trash
>>
>be me
>not really big on hip-hop
>more of a metal guy but enjoy shit like MF DOOM, Dr. Octagon etc.
>put on Exmilitary
>Jane's Addiction sample on opening track
>dis muh jam

If it hadn't been for that sample, it probably wouldn't've gripped me the same way. Guess I got lucky.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
>>63726116
Yes

DG are an aquired taste
>>
>>63730577
What the hell are these names
>>
>>63726660
lmao your computer has aids.
>>
>be blitzed out of my mind on a ton of dissociatives
>watch the music video for guillotine
>isthisreallife.jpeg

been a fan ever since
>>
>be me around the time NLDW came out
>never listened to DG but really like hip-hop so wanted to check them out
>go on youtube and put on NLDW
>now keep in mind at this time I was an ultra-pleb and had shitty 20-dollar Sony headphones
>the bass from the first song instantly raped my ears
>"what the fuck is this, well maybe it gets better"
>MC Ride starts rapping
>...
>exit album

fast-forward to now and they're my favorite artist of this decade but man was I put off the first time I heard them. NLDW is a really bad album to start with though, although it is my favorite now.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.