[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is so polarizing here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Now before you post. I want to have honest to god conversation about this album. So please tell me what you do or don't like about it. Every thread I see about it seems to be derailed in some way share or form, and I'd for once just really like to sit down and have a conversation about this album. Please don't say something simple, like "I like it" or "I don't like it" please give honest to god reasons why, I know the fanbase is cancer, but let's ignore that and just focus on the music.

So can we please talk about this album without acting like children?
>>
first album is better 2nd one is too maximalist
>>
>>63721742
>maximalist

Can you explain what you mean, I think this is far better than their first, but not better than their EP work, but IMO it feels like they are getting closer to the sound they wanted to achieve or the EPs. Like I feel as though compared to S/T this feels like a more genuine effort.
>>
>>63721653
This is my album of the year because it's shameless in contributing to the over-indulgence of the internet age whilst also lampooning it. It absorbs a handful of genres and at times can be so nuanced and detailed that it becomes hard to appreciate how fucking catchy nearly every line is.

I feel like this is music that is near impossible to enjoy if you can't embrace the embarrassing youthfulness of it all. As a fan of the first album, I used to consider The 1975 a guilty pleasure but after this 2nd LP I don't feel guilty anymore
>>
>>63721803
idk i like the first one better. new one is too long.
>>
For an album to be polarizing, there would have to be close to a 50/50 split opinion of this album but most of /mu/ knows that it's shitty pop music disguised as "alternative"

Also liking the 1975 is one of the easiest ways to show how new you are
>>
>>63723027
I love the 1975 and I've been on /mu/ for years desu

no reason to be contrarion
>>
>>63723027
>/mu/ doesn't like an album so you shouldn't either
fuck off dude

I like this album alot, I agree that the 1975 are getting closer to achieving the sound theyve been looking for but this should have been cut down a song or two, the middle drags.
>>
>>63722532
>this

Also Matt is a pop genius
>>
>>63723374
How are you liking your Crosley?
>>63723487
>the sound theyve been looking for
top 40 pop?
>>
before I really got in to music I guess you can say, I really liked their first album. I listened to it quite a few times back then and saw them live a few times, but now when I listen to it, it just seems a little bland. sex is the only decent song on that album imo. their new album as well as their change in style is a setback for me. the first few singles that they released are annoyingly catchy, some good, some bad. I like UGH, but that's about the best song on the album. the second half of the album was painful to go through. I don't really like how the album starts off real pop like and happy, and then the second half is trying to be depressed old 1975. I don't think they can pull off what they're trying to do to well, and if they stuck with the style of their first album, I feel like they would be pretty good. other than that, they're really not becoming much but another forgettable pop boy band.
>>
>>63721653
>polarizing
You mean to tell me their are people here who don't hate this album?
>>
>>63723906
just to add to what I wrote, their ep releases are their best. I love their tracks where it's really simple, and multiple layers of vocals. their ambient tracks are really good as well. all this is found on their Eps, as well as their most catchy, and generally good songs like head cars bending, you, and antichrist.
>>
>>63723556
Not really they have an early Air, Ambient based kind of thing going on this album. if you listen to the non radio singles songs on the album you can really hear it.
>>
This album was, strangely, not bad.
>>
i really want to like this more, but i cant. like half of it is so mellow its completely forgettable and not even worth listening to twice. it does have some really nice songs though
>>
Stop shilling this album of ill fucking kill you the next time you show your face in this board again. Get out.
>>
>>63724200
Really? I think the mellow half of the album way better than the "indie rock" (for lack of a better term) side
>>
Just go listen to INXS they're a much more talented band than the guys who ripped off of them; A.K.A The 1975.
>>
>>63724596
i dont really like mellow stuff in general so maybe its just my personal opinion and it actually IS good, dont know
>>
>>63724635
>INXS
They're shit, and the 1975 do it way better with more heart. seriously INXS sounds so boring vocally and sonically
>>
It's a great album most of its filler though
>>
Guys just SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO THE MUSIC!!!!111 (XD)
>>
I already like Brand New, If I listen to this faggy shit i'll be considered tumblrcore
>>
My 18 year old super typical white girl flatmate loves this album so I do not think this is for me.
>>
I love this album. They're better musicians than typical pop rock outfits, it's not deep introspective music and not every album that comes out is a game changer. This is just feel good music and it does a good job at it. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
File: 1458944805027.jpg (225 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1458944805027.jpg
225 KB, 682x600
>>63724039
>ambient based
>>
>>63725973
what would you call their ambient songs on their new album then?
>>
>>63726253
Shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.