[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will the world view rock music in 50 years? What will people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Led-Zeppelin1.jpg (84 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Led-Zeppelin1.jpg
84 KB, 630x420
How will the world view rock music in 50 years?

What will people say about bands like Led Zeppelin?
>>
There'll always be lewronggeneration kids who will listen to older rock music more as a statement against modern music, so yeah probably.
>>
>>63721399
2066: our transgendered, tentacle faced cyborg descendants prowl the soot covered landscape fighting to the death 4 precious isotopes. They use electrosonic vibrations to stimulate their bloodlust, Led Zeppelin is but a distant memory
>>
File: 1450687165011.png (1 MB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450687165011.png
1 MB, 857x1200
>>63721585
I welcome our new trap robo loli overlords
>>
You know people will look at Led Zeppelin as something that's too outdated to get into. You know what people think of Buddy Holly now? They don't because it's too outdated.
>>
good question but what do you think they'll think of Ke$ha and 2006-2009 culture in 20 years
>>
>>63721679
Remember the most popular band of 1976?

Yeah, I don't either.
>>
>>63721659
You still see plenty of music geeks still talking about Delta Blues.
>>
>>63721399
as environmentally unfeasable relics who irreperably damaged the planet by driving around in huge vans littering the world with plastic disks and enabling hedonism
>>
>>63721708
You don't remember Judas Priest, Rush, Genesis, Thin Lizzy and The Ramones?

(I don't actually know if any of them were the most popular band of 1976, they're just the most mainstream bands at the top of rym's 1976 chart)
>>
File: 1459221848928.gif (688 KB, 286x310) Image search: [Google]
1459221848928.gif
688 KB, 286x310
Hopefully as no more than an antiquity from a time that valued ignorance and pleasure over any form of rewarding intellectualism.
>>
>>63721659
I could care less how people will view rock music in 50 years, but I'm pretty certain Led Zeppelin will not be viewed in the same vain as Buddy Holly.
>>
>>63721769
you had to be some sort of geek or loser to be into the ramones in the 70s
>>
It is overly sexual which means haram and part of the patriarchy.
>>
File: save.png (79 KB, 781x909) Image search: [Google]
save.png
79 KB, 781x909
>>63721769
No anon, you gotta look at the billboards list to know what was popular back then.

Of course there are some good musicians on this list but do you really thing Ke$ha will stand the test of time like Queen, Hall & Oats, and Elton John?
>>
>>63721785
>rewarding intellectualism
if it's rewarding, you derive pleasure from it, intellectualism is just a form of hedonism for those incapable of actually living.
>>
The only good work by Led Zeppelin is Physical Graffiti

Everything else should be considered bad
>>
>>63721847
I can easily see her going the way of Kiki Dee.
>>
>>63721861
>kids these days
>they'll never know GOOD music like Kanye West, Rihanna and Taylor Swift
>like this hologram if you agree
>>
>>63721847
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_200_number-one_albums_of_1976

Was about to post this. I'm seeing Zeppelin, Dylan, Rolling Stones, Wings, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, and Earth, Wind and Fire. The only ones that haven't stood the test of time (at least as iconic bands/artists) are Chicago, Peter Frampton and George Benson.
>>
>>63721847
>Queen, Hall & Oats, and Elton John
all of those assholes are terrible, the only reason they've "stood the test of time" is because they made bland, shitty, inoffensive music that corporate culture has endlessly paraded around as "classic rock" to the point that they've become fixtures of our culture. Ke$ha's music will be around as long as our corporate overlords feel like making bank off of her intellectual property.
>>
Since popular music has only been a real cultural staple since the 50s (when albums became important) I think music will be remembered like movies. Many, many will fall into obscurity but some from all periods will live on. Silent films still have an audience. Noir films. The first talkies.

Since we have a huge amount of people agreeing in many publications and sites that Led Zeppelin and the Beatles belong near the top of the list of the best, they won't be forgotten.

I'm under the belief the human race won't last that long.
>>
Society won't exist in fifty years, so nobody will give a shit about pre-collapse art. Better finish that backlog soon, anon.
>>
File: 1458533682541.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458533682541.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1200
>>63721856
Keep telling yourself that when your greatest achievement in life was shooting heroin and scratching your ass on the couch after masturbating
>>
>>63721967
>the only reason they've "stood the test of time" is because of shit I'm spewing from my filthy, unwiped asshole that I often use to formulate my opinions
>>
>>63721769
>The Ramones
>most popular
WARPED be your vision lad
>>
>>63722123
See >>63721943
>>
>>63721399
>What will people say about bands like Led Zeppelin?
Nothing, as humanity went extinct in 2024 after a devastating nuclear war between Eurasia and the TRUMP(tm) Federation.
>>
>>63722176
but I reserved a spot in a state of the art underground Vault from Vaulttec so ill be fine
>>
>>63721399
I'm more than sure no form of music will ever "die," per se. Rock has, whether people like it or not, changed music and human culture. So while some people will hate it, I'm confident most will still love and appreciate rock.
>>
>>63722247
Do you know anyone who listens to coon song stills?
>>
File: kafka.jpg (15 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
kafka.jpg
15 KB, 220x293
>>63722033

Fame is unimportant, seeing as you are going to be wormfood no matter what.
>>
>>63721708
1976 was 40 years tho not 20.

I think I have a decent grasp on what was popular in 1996.
>>
>>63722278
coon song revival now
>>
>>63722043
are you trying to tell me you think Elton John is good???

>>63722033
I spent my afternoon peacefully reading a book. No matter how much you may want to pat yourself for it, it's still an inherently selfish activity. unless you're actively trying to better the world for others you're just putting your vice on a pedestal. For all the good you're doing you might as well be snorting coke and eating twinkies.
>>
>>63721875
wrong
>>
>>63722287
You may find fame unimportant if your life was meaningless and you have no mind to benefit others. But to have a something that you can give and have it ignored is a terrible pain.

>>63722345
I'm sorry that you look at a book as an object for your pleasure and not as an outlet for someone's mind in which you can connect to and learn from and then apply this knowledge in your life if you find its philosophy or lesson agreeable so that you may benefit others.

Though you may derive pleasure simply from engaging in an intellectually stimulating activity I believe it is still a far cry from the blind pursuit of pleasure and immediate gratification. At least there may come a time that you can share the knowledge and you've gained with someone. Is that not inherently better for humans as social and intellectual beings?
>>
>>63721399
>ugh, I wish people would listen to real music, like Issues and Escape The Fate
>>
>>63721967
Le edgy mutant
>>
>>63721708
I remember the most popular album was Frampton Comes Alive. *shudder*
>>
>>63721769
None of these bands were popular, especially The Ramones.
>>
>>63721799(Nice dubs)
That's assuming anybody in the U.S. outside of New York who didn't read Creem or Rock Scene even knew who The Ramones were. The Ramones were more popular in England at the time.
>>
>>63722345
Everything from Empty Sky to Captain Fantastic is GOAT. After Rock of The Westies, and his duet w/Kiki Dee, it's strictly for die hard fans, only. Gonna tell me songs like Benny and The Jets, The Bitch is Back, and Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting aren't GOAT? You're a pleb. (OK, Candle in The Wind was weak, I'll give you that much)
>>
>>63723260
there may come a time when you can share your stories of getting really fucked up with people as well. You're just putting airs about your hobbies well putting down people who choose to embrace the human experience in other ways.
>>
>>63721399
The same way they are seen now.
>>
>>63724515
maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I only know elton john from his radio stuff, and he seemed like the easiest target out of the three. What I really meant to say was that I feel those bands have received an undue amount of acclaim and publicity compared to better artists based on industry bias.

>>63724429
My Uncle used to be into punk back in the day, and he said something to the effect that it's weird that the Ramones are played on the radio and in movies and such, because back in the day you had to be a social outcast to be into that kind of music, and it was a weird thing people were ostracized for being into
>>
>>63721399
Still the greatest heavy metal/blues band of all time.

>Jimmy Page was the greatest guitarist of all time
>>
>>63721715
Delta Blues is different, it sparked a huge musical movement. Intellectuals will study delta blues for generations
>>
>>63721785
Says the fag posting anime

What do you think the world will say about your fetish cartoons in 20 years.

>appropriated a shitty culture
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.