[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Dance Gavin Dance. Past/present lineups, sounds,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: dancegavindance2014.jpg (64 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
dancegavindance2014.jpg
64 KB, 620x400
Thoughts on Dance Gavin Dance.
Past/present lineups, sounds, and style
>>
>>63720868
Kurt > Jonny > Tillian

Acceptance Speech was alright but their new album was their worst for sure.

Happiness is their best.
>>
>>63720919
I can't stand happiness, will shouldn't have screamed.
Here's how I rank albums in general quality.
DBM2, Self-titled, DMB, Acceptance Sperch, Whatever I Say Is Royal Ocean, Instant Gratification, Happiness
>>
Best album is self-titled. Best line-up would be Happiness-era plus Jon Mess.
>>
guilty pleasure band

i want them to do an album with all the vocalists theyve ever had. maybe that would be too spastic
>>
Anything post Happiness has been absolute trash and Tillian is fuckig awful.
>>
Happiness>DMB>Self-Titled>DBM2>Acceptance Speech>Instant Gratification>WISIRO
>>
>>63721218
have you heard tilian's old band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6rt0Wkj3z0
and his solo stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGqYVTMbnl4
>>
Self-titled = DBM = Happiness > WISIRO >>>>>>> POWER GAP >>>>>> DBMII >>>>> BIGGER POWER GAP >>>>> AS > IG
>>
They are the embodiment of everything that is bad about post-hardcore.
>>
>>63721352
Garbage
>>
>>63721303
I don't really like happiness. Too many awkward moments. I like strawberry swisher 1&2. And Powder To The People.
>>
>>63721352
Tides of Man are much better now as an instrumental post rock band.
>>
Love Will Swan's record label and the culture (if you can call it that) that has sprung up around them
>>
>>63722251
Sianvar is a good band (vocals at time are iffy.) Post-hardcore/math rock genre is an interesting one
>>
>>63720868
they're honestly my favorite band and have been for a long time, I always feel embarrassed admitting it but oh well
>>
Deathstar is their only good one t b h f a m
>>
>>63722308
Honestly, I'm really into most elements of post-hardcore, but the whiny vocals turn me off in most cases
Kurt was an exception; he'll be missed in A Lot Like Birds
>>
>>63722594
Love the inside joke
>>
>>63722656
Tillian Pierce sometimes has the high-range vocals work well with the band in songs like Strawberry swisher pt 3, pussy vultures, Variation, Acceptance Speech (song), death of the robot with human hair, and Turn Off The Lights, I'm Watching Back To The Future pt.2
>>
delete this thread pls
>>
File: 1457133366775.jpg (29 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
1457133366775.jpg
29 KB, 320x256
>>63722811
Nice dubs, but kys. Go elsewhere and be a faggot
>>
Instant Gratification was good, people just don't like it because Fantano told them not to.
>>
>>63722930
Some songs don't match with the pop lyrics / screaming. Best songs are We Own The night, Variation, On The Run, and The Cuddler
>>
>>63723070
Stroke God is pretty good to
>>
>>63722930
It really is their weakest album though. Acceptance speech was way better
>>
I've been banging on about Instant Gratification since it came out, it's just so fun to listen to.
>>
>>63723247
I've only listened to that and Downhill Battle Mountain, will have to give it a listen.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.