[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a violinist who just got kicked out of conservatory anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1447769830611.jpg (114 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1447769830611.jpg
114 KB, 500x331
Ask a violinist who just got kicked out of conservatory anything
>>
>>63718323
Vocaroo of you playing something please.

Also give me your best viola player jokes.
>>
was your style just 2hot2handle for the dusty, conservative old establishment?
>>
>>63718323
Why do u suck so bad
>>
>>63718363
On the train right now on my laptop, don't have anything saved here. I'll post something in maybe 45 minutes when I get home.

What do you do with a worthless violin player? Move him back a desk.

What's the range on a viola?
Depends how far you can kick it.

What's the difference between a trampoline and a viola?
I take my shoes off to jump on the trampoline.

And the classic: How can you tell if a violist is playing out of tune? The bow is moving.
>>
>>63718395
A little bit of that, a little bit of not caring for certain styles, a little bit of getting into a feud with a professor.
>>63718444
Can't tell you fampai, I got sausage fingers. Born with em I guess.
>>
How many players were on beta blockers in your conservatory?
>>
>>63718458
Difference between a viola player and a coffin The coffin has the dead person on the inside.

And here's one for a different part of the orchestra.

What do you do with a drummer who can't play? Take away one of his sticks and make him the conductor.

I look forward to hearing you play.
>>
>>63718521
A few guys I knew where. Beyond that I can't say. It seems like with conservatory, everyone there is either overjoyed and loves their life or is a complete fucking wreck, there's no inbetween. Except me. Maybe that's why they kicked me out, I got out of the Matrix and saw it for what it was.
>>
>>63718632
What were some of your favorite pieces to play and do you like Jean-Luc Ponty?
>>
>>63718695
I love duets, which is kinda weird because most violinists bitch about them. I know it's not the most technically challenging piece in the world but Bach's Concerto for Two Violins is up there with my favorites. Zigeunerweisen is also up there, love how powerful it is. Hearing it played is like feeling a ton of bricks on your shoulders.

No, don't like Jean-Luc Ponty that much because I'm not a big fan of jazz.
>>
So what will you do with your life now?
>>
>>63718832
Didn't think so knowing you attended a conservatory. Also, is Paganini a talentless hack?
>>
>>63718918
Kill myself, obviously
>>
>>63718948
Paganini's stuff can be fun to work through to to help solve technical problems in other songs, but desu fampai I think most of his compositions sound like shit. Also, he talked shit about guitar once and that really rustled my jimmies because I play classical guitar as well.
>>63718918
What
>>63718950
said.

Probably kill myself because I'm essentially blacklisted from the industry now. I should have gotten a real career.
>>
>>63718532
Conductors actually do a lot of shit, in the fucking
rehearsals.. keeping this lazy asshole from hurting music
>>
>>63718458
Alright I'm convinced. This nigga knows violins.
>>
What is the benefit of learning to play songs by ear?
>>
File: laughingatyou.png (6 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
laughingatyou.png
6 KB, 390x470
>>63719029
>Thinks he is a musician
>Plays the fucking guitar
Learn to play a real instrument
>>
>>63719079
I know man, it's just a silly joke.
>>63719029
>Probably kill myself because I'm essentially blacklisted from the industry now. I should have gotten a real career.
GO JOIN A BAND.

It will be fun.
>>
>>63719147
Ear training, I guess. And it's more fun.

This was actually a point of contention between myself and one of my professors that contributed in part to me being kicked out. See, I learned fiddle where I grew up, and one of my professors was a violin purist dickhead who unironically believed bluegrass and fiddle shit was too "unclean" to be heard in "his" conservatory.

Over the months it just kind of escalated and again, that was a part of why I was released.
>>63719158
This meme isn't dank anymore.
>>
>>63719158
He plays violin, ignoramus.
>>63719029
Interesting note because I played classical guitar for 2 years. At the height of my ability, I was learning Nocturnal after John Dowland. Also, I recommend what this guy said >>63719160 . Knowing you don't like jazz, you could join a project like Kayo Dot.
>>
>>63719269
What's the difference between a fiddle and violin?

One has more beer spilled on it.
>>
>>63719382
Kek, my uncle actually spilled whiskey on his fiddle at the last gig we played. He said "That's the Devil's share right there." A pun on the "angel's share" thing
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.