[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is it to you that the bands you listen to are diverse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Diversity-Shutterstock-998x615.jpg (66 KB, 998x615) Image search: [Google]
Diversity-Shutterstock-998x615.jpg
66 KB, 998x615
How important is it to you that the bands you listen to are diverse in ethnicity, gender, and sexuality?
>>
not at all
but I'm not going to not listen to a band cause they're diverse
>>
Not even remotely
>>
0 on a scale of 14 to 78
>>
Not important at all

Music isn't about ethnic, gender or sexuality based diversity. It's about the music being good and enjoyable to listen to. Whether the artist producing good music is a trans, gender fluid black jew with same sex vegan parents, or a bunch of privileged white middle class straight guys, is irrelevant to me.
>>
File: 1458342570817.jpg (186 KB, 610x471) Image search: [Google]
1458342570817.jpg
186 KB, 610x471
>>63717668
I only listen to bands that are 100% white
>>
Very important.

It's important that they are non of those things.
>>
It's more important that the people in the band meld together. Trying to make diversity into a selling point for a band is basically calling attention to the attributes that make people different instead of trying to celebrate the artistic process.
>>
i wish i listened to more female artists only because sometimes i feel like listening to a female voice and i get bored of the female artists i already do listen to
>>
I dont give a fuck, if it's worth it, i listen to it
>>
i absolutely could not care less
>>
Yeah diversity is crap. Something being "diverse" is no guarantee at all that its progressive or emancipatory in any way. Diversity is the con game of the white power structure that if they put enough non-white faces on billboards, on TV & in their bought congress, they won't ever be forced to let non-white people to have any real economic power. Diversity is a code word for white supremacy.
>>
Not at all

I judge music based on it's inherent qualities, not by the identity of the person making it.
>>
>>63717999
Which perspective are you looking at this from because this post confused me. Are you coming from this from critical theory (in that case, read an economics paper) or a classical liberal perspective?
>>
I only listen to a band if it has at least 1 chink 1 nigger or 1 woman
>>
I refuse to listen to music made by blacks, hispanics, or middle easterns.
>>
>>63718409
>edgy mcnugget over here
>>
File: 1444528823606.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444528823606.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>63717668
no i dont really care i have been listening to grimes since halfaxa came out and the only reason i ever found out that she was a sjw piece of shit was beacuse of the grimes posters i dont care if she is tho its all about the sound
>>
>>63717668
It couldn't be less important Tee Bee Haitch.

I like to listen to plenty of non-Western, non=Popular music but that's because I like diversity in genres,not in the musicians themselves. I also wish I listened to more women because they have a different aesthetic but there are less good women making music, at least up until now.
>>
I asked because I was listening to Sound Opinions, and I found it weird how the hosts kept stressing the bands they were talking about were diverse. I wasn't sure if this was a new requirement to be good or something in the music industry.
>>
No at all because I don't implement affirmative action upon my listening habits
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.