[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found another Australian gem surfing Spotify. Sounds like psychedelic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 600x600.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
Found another Australian gem surfing Spotify. Sounds like psychedelic rock to me. Why can't people in my country make good music?
>>
The bands name is redspencer.
>>
>>63717647
Check out the Babe Rainbow, I haven't seen them posted on mu before but they're pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2cWtr7Z-H0

Also King Gizzard, the Murlocs, and Pipe Eye. I'm pretty sure all of them are on the same label, kinda makes me wanna move to Australia even more than before
>>
>>63717898
Thanks, I'm already a big fan of kgatlw,but I'll check the others out.
>>
>>63717931
Fur sure, the Murlocs are the same dudes as King Gizzard btw so you'll def dig them
>>
>>63717945
How the fuck did I not know that
>>
>>63718003
Haha they sound pretty similar, it's just the harmonica player/keyboardist singing instead
>>
>>63717898
BABE RAINBOW ARE INCREDIBLE.

their first LP should be out within the coming months, and their EP was perfection, so i'm expecting big things.

if you ever get a chance to see them live, do it. they throw you back to the 60's, all the way down to the hippy chick sitting on the floor by a speaker shaking a banana maraca.
>>
>>63717898
ps. check out the track Secret Enchanted Broccoli Forest
>>
>>63717945
It's more that it's the 2IC of Gizz's own project.
>>
>>63718589
>>63718621
That's one of my favorite songs by them! Do you know if they ever come to the US? I'd love to see them live

So fucking psyched for the LP, I haven't seen any preorders for it but if there are I'm def getting it. And holy shit man they're like the only band who tries sounding like 60s bands that does it well, Australia's got the best bands right now I think
>>
>>63718645
That's kinda what I meant haha but I thought it was everyone from kg except the singer and one of the drummers? They're both doing it right either way :^)
>>
Why are Australians good at psychedelic music?
>>
>>63719538
cus they get high with kangaroos m8
>>
>>63718692
Not sure if they've ever been to the US, I know they spent some time in Europe last year or the year before.

Make sure you follow King Gizzards label Flightless, it's run by one of the band members and is who Babe Rainbow are signed to. They'll most likely do a special vinyl release like they do with all the other Flightless albums, including Babe Rainbows EP.

I'm pretty sure the album was intended for an early 2016 release, so I'm hoping for an announcement any day now.

And yeah, Australia's doing well. Melbourne is a good hub for great music.

>>63718781
I'm pretty sure its only two members from Gizz and three other dudes. Although, Stu, the main guy from Gizz produced their newest record. Probably did their first too.

If you guys want another Australian psych recommendation, check out Sunbeam Sound Machine. His first LP was produced by Stu of King Gizz.

https://sunbeamsoundmachine.bandcamp.com/album/wonderer
>>
>>63721187
Along with Sunbeam Sound Machine, you should check out Methyl Ethel. They come from Perth.
>>
>>63721187
>>63721210
damn man this is fucking incredible, thanks for the rec

Hopefully they'll post it on fb like the murlocs and kg did with their newest records. Check out a band called Ninth Paradise, they're more shoegazey and dream pop but sunbeam sound machine kinda reminds me of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlW3VAS91rg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5CJ_sOciQQ
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.