[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm new to the board, lurking mostly but I've grown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: JTlci8p.jpg (265 KB, 1584x962) Image search: [Google]
JTlci8p.jpg
265 KB, 1584x962
I'm new to the board, lurking mostly but I've grown tired of my usual playlist, and I wish to listen to new music that i don't get to listen to the radio.
Here are the last 5 bands i've listened to in the last week:
1: Radiohead
2: Kimbra
3: Talking Heads
4: My Morning Jacket
5: Viper (I just gave it an unironical listen to see what the memes where all about)

What music would you reccomend me to listen to, anything goes, I've tried listen to the pic related but i'd rather get some honest opinions from you /mu/tants
/rec/ thread i guess
>>
My best advice is just to lurk threads you're interested in, these threads are rarely helpful. Good luck with the music stuff senpai
>>
Well, you're honestly too new for me to give you honest recommendations. I think you should start with the core charts and continue listening to the genres you liked the most.
>>
>>63717606
any advice is good advice.
thanks m8.
>>
>>63717614
anything from the top of your head would do honestly.
I prefer rock and blues though, but I just want to go beyond rock honestly.
>>
File: Animal_collective.png (751 KB, 1160x2026) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective.png
751 KB, 1160x2026
>>63717522
If you're going to get into Animal Collective (personally my favourite band) follow this flowchart. Good luck here, rook.
>>
>>63717710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q1gCsZykg
Does this interest you?
>>
>>63717522
Pic related is a bit outdated, many of those are now talked about very little, most are p good desu
>>
You don't really have to spend much time here to figure what's genrally liked and what's not. Just go through your chart and explore the discographies and genres of what you liked.

And never feels ashamed for liking an album because we tell you it's shit. You're entitled to your own opinion.
>>
Some generic recommendations:
The Strokes - Is This It (Indie Rock/Garage)
Darren Korb - Transistor OST (Electronic/Post Rock/Old World)
Portishead - Dummy (Trip-Hop)
LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening (Dancepunk)

These are just some of my favorites that could work pretty well given some of the bands you listened to, highly recommend The Strokes and LCD Soundsystem. Just try out a bunch of new stuff and just build upon that as you go along. Check out the 4chan essential charts if you find a genre that really clicks.
>>
File: received_10208753476098621.jpg (338 KB, 1485x1550) Image search: [Google]
received_10208753476098621.jpg
338 KB, 1485x1550
Listen to mu core
>>
File: lPHduoN.png (992 KB, 2035x1585) Image search: [Google]
lPHduoN.png
992 KB, 2035x1585
Get a load of this for entry level bleeps
>>
Listen more Viper
>>
>>63717812
This desu. Don't become like the rest of neo-/mu/.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.