[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Red Hot Chili Peppers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: californication.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
californication.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
Why does /mu/ hate RHCP so much?

They have made some good and some bad stuff but overall I think they deserve more respect.
>>
/mu/ doesn't hate them
i personally love the albums john frusciante worked with, and if you listen to remixed versions the mixing becomes bearable as well
>>
>>63716540
Oh, yeah. The compression is painful on the original albums. That's a good point.
>>
I love Californication but it's produced badly and I will never gel with that album cover. Like what the fuck is going on there?

BloodSugarSexMagik is the best though.
>>
I don't. I think they're better than 95% of mainstream rock bands and no one denies Frusciante is talented as fuck.

Kiedis voice is kinda annoying tho and their hits are so overplayed many people get burned out by them after a certain point.
>>
>>63716628
what's not to get it's the swimming pool and the sky swapped
>>
>>63716518
Frusciante is amazing
Flea is amazing too
Hilel was great too
Chad was acceptable
Fuck Anthony Kiedis
>>
>>63716695
And it looks completely terrible
>>
It's not /mu/, it's any given board on 4chan that hates on anything remotely popular.
>>
Pop-punk Gang of Four
>>
>>63716718
Basically this

Good band, bad vocals
his voice does work well on some songs though desu
>>
>>63716518
CAN'T STOP
ADDICTED TO THE SHINDIG
>>
>>63716768
>pop-punk
wat
I get the Gang of Four comparison but there's nothing "punk" about RHCP.
>>
>>63716768
I think I should listen to Gang of Four, thanks for the rec
>>
>>63716768
Gang Of Four, yes. Flea worships them.

Pop, abso-fucking-lutely not.
>>
>>63716718
No one could have done Otherside vocals better than Kiedis. That song is perfect for him.

>>63716778
I agree with you.
>>
I liked blood sugar sex magic.
>>
>>63716805
Clearly hasn't listen to early rhcp
>>
if they kicked out anthony kiedis they would be 2000 percent better, instantly.
>>
>>63717195
But then they wouldn't have any songs to play.
>>
>>63716805
They were punk until early 90s.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.