[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the only album from last year that I can see becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: divers.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
divers.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
This is the only album from last year that I can see becoming my favourite album of all time.

Has anybody else here really went into the lyrical content of the album on rapgenius? I know it's normally a retardedly shit website but wow if you follow along with each lyrics you don't get the context of, it really is such a beautiful album, conceptually. Not even mentioning the amazing instrumentals.

What does everyone else think?
>>
>retardedly shit website
ok bud
>>
>>63715508
have you listened to any of her other albums?
>>
I like it very much but it is my least favorite album by her, definitely.
>>
>>63715508
It's the only album from the last 20 year worth listening to.
>>
>>63716062
wow that is a strong statement
>>
>>63715993
Not OP, but I have

I think Divers is her best and Ys second
>>
Ys > Divers > Have One On Me > Milk Eyed Mender
>>
>>63716062

lol
>>
>>63716159
the correct opinion
>>
>>63716159
Ys>HOOM>MEMe>Divers
>>
>>63715993
Hey, sorry OP here. I've listened to all of Ys and around half of Have One On Me, why?
>>
>>63718182
>listening to half of HOOM
>>
>>63718426
It's like a 3 hour album, I got the gist of it, just wasn't my thing I guess
>>
HOOM > Ys > Divers > MEM

She has 3 of the best albums ever so it's not a diss to Divers which is her most diverse album.

Anecdotes is incredible, especially the 2nd half starting with "rushing, tearing, speeding home..." part. Those winding strings are just spellbinding
>>
>>63717912
This. Divers was great but just not up to par, I'd say it may be above MEM by a bit
>>
HOOM is best. It has an intimate quality so few albums can emote. It's in another stratosphere with albums like Pink Moon, Blue, and The Sensual World
>>
>>63718514
>thinking that you got the gist of it because you listened to half of it once
>>
honestly it's ridiculous to argue about her albums because they're all great, but i think HOOM and Ys are both objectively better than Divers
>>
>>63718728
What makes those two albums better?
>>
>>63715508
Last two tracks were disappointing. Pin-Light bent mostly repeated the points and mood of You Will not take my heart alive, while the last track felt somehow cheesy and tried to bring closure to the album by creating some narrative conflict and resolution, while the whole album was about her internal conflicts. The interpretation on Genius about the last verses shows that she hid a message quite cleverly, but at its core it's separated from the rest of the album and quite meaningless.
The title track, though, is monumental. It doesn't progress like most of her songs but that's exactly what makes it feel so meditative and autorithative with its insights. It's my favorite track of 2015 and sapokanikan doesn't come far behind
>>
>>63718514
Only after you know all lyrics by heart you'll enjoy the album completely desu
>>
>>63718754
more emotionally intimate, more depth, more united as whole albums imo
>>
>>63716159
This desu
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.